Fire Barrier Sealant Market: Overview
- A fire barrier sealant is a high-performance, ready-to-use, gun-grade, latex-based, intumescent sealant that dries to form a monolithic firestop seal. The seal also acts as a barrier to airborne sound. Fire barrier sealants help control the spread of fire, smoke, and noxious gases before, during, and after exposure to fire.
- Fire barrier sealants firestop blank openings and penetrations passing through fire-rated floors, floor/ceiling or wall assemblies, and other fire-rated interiors of a building. The unique intumescent property of this material allows fire barrier sealants to expand and maintain a firestop penetration seal for up to four hours from exposure of penetrants to fire. Fire barrier sealants exhibit excellent adhesion to a wide range of construction substrates and penetrants.
- Walls and floors need to be appropriately sealed to prevent the passage of fire and smoke. While sealing penetrations passing through compartment walls and floors, approved and tested products should be used so as to re-establish fire resistance of the compartment.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Fire Barrier Sealant Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Rising Demand from Building & Construction Sector to Drive Fire Barrier Sealant Market
- Fire barrier sealants are ideal for use in sealing of single or multiple through-penetrations in fire-rated constructions. Fire barrier sealants are typically used in mechanical, electric, and plumbing applications to firestop openings created by the following penetrations in fire-rated floors, ceilings, or walls: metallic pipes, plastic pipes (excluding CPVC), conduits, power and communication cables, cable trays, bus ways, combos, insulated pipes, and HVAC ducts. Fire barrier sealants are also used to firestop blank openings and static construction joints.
- Usually unseen but always at work, passive fire protection systems are built into the structure of a building to safeguard building occupants. If properly installed, passive fire protection measures protect a building’s structure and limit the spread of fire and smoke by confining it within the building.
- Fire barrier sealants provide fire stopping and fire resistance across a building, ensuring that the building and its occupants are safer in the event of fire
- Thus, rise in building and construction activities is estimated to boost the global fire barrier sealant market in the near future
Different Types of Fire Barrier Sealants
- Fire-barrier sealants are suitable for use in schools, hospitals, churches, high-rise office buildings, and other public-use buildings to ensure safe and orderly evacuation in the event of fire
- Fire barrier sealants are classified into the following types: acrylic, silicone, polyurethane, and others. The others segment includes hybrid sealants.
- Fire barrier sealants create firestopping systems for expansion joints and through-penetrations that, when properly installed.
Restraints of Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market
- Installation of fire barrier sealants requires skilled workforce. However, several building contractors do not specialize in the installation of fire barrier sealants. This forms a challenge that needs to be addressed by manufacturers of fire barrier sealants.
- Thus, proper training is required for specialists that install fire barrier sealants. This acts as a restraint of the global fire barrier sealant market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Fire Barrier Sealant Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market
- Geographically, the global fire barrier sealant market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of fire barrier sealants across the world, followed by North America and Europe. However, Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global fire barrier sealant market in the near future, due to rise in the demand for fire barrier sealants in the building & construction sector in the region. Rise in construction activities in countries such as China, India, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia has fueled the demand for fire barrier sealants in the region.
- The fire barrier sealant market in Europe is led by Germany, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by increasing demand from the building & construction industry in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market
The global fire barrier sealant market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players are offering a complete portfolio of products and focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global fire barrier sealant market include:
- 3M Company
- ROCKWOOL Limited
- H. B. Fuller
- Bostik (Arkema)
- Everbuild Building Products Ltd.
- Specified Technologies Inc.
- Trafalgar Passive Fire Protection Systems
Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market: Research Scope
Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market, by Type
- Others (Hybrid)
Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market, by Application
- HVAC Ducts & Vents
- Metallic and Non-metallic Pipes
- Blank Openings
- Single and Bundled Cables
- Insulated Pipes
- Pipe and Cable Through-penetrations
- Rated Wall, Floor and Floor-Ceiling Assemblies
- Static Construction Joints
Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.