Fire Barrier Sealant Market: Overview
- A fire barrier sealant is a high-performance, ready-to-use, gun-grade, latex-based, intumescent sealant that dries to form a monolithic firestop seal. The seal also acts as a barrier to airborne sound. Fire barrier sealants help control the spread of fire, smoke, and noxious gases before, during, and after exposure to fire.
- Fire barrier sealants firestop blank openings and penetrations passing through fire-rated floors, floor/ceiling or wall assemblies, and other fire-rated interiors of a building. The unique intumescent property of this material allows fire barrier sealants to expand and maintain a firestop penetration seal for up to four hours from exposure of penetrants to fire. Fire barrier sealants exhibit excellent adhesion to a wide range of construction substrates and penetrants.
- Walls and floors need to be appropriately sealed to prevent the passage of fire and smoke. While sealing penetrations passing through compartment walls and floors, approved and tested products should be used so as to re-establish fire resistance of the compartment.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Fire Barrier Sealant Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Rising Demand from Building & Construction Sector to Drive Fire Barrier Sealant Market
- Fire barrier sealants are ideal for use in sealing of single or multiple through-penetrations in fire-rated constructions. Fire barrier sealants are typically used in mechanical, electric, and plumbing applications to firestop openings created by the following penetrations in fire-rated floors, ceilings, or walls: metallic pipes, plastic pipes (excluding CPVC), conduits, power and communication cables, cable trays, bus ways, combos, insulated pipes, and HVAC ducts. Fire barrier sealants are also used to firestop blank openings and static construction joints.
- Usually unseen but always at work, passive fire protection systems are built into the structure of a building to safeguard building occupants. If properly installed, passive fire protection measures protect a building’s structure and limit the spread of fire and smoke by confining it within the building.
- Fire barrier sealants provide fire stopping and fire resistance across a building, ensuring that the building and its occupants are safer in the event of fire
- Thus, rise in building and construction activities is estimated to boost the global fire barrier sealant market in the near future
Different Types of Fire Barrier Sealants
- Fire-barrier sealants are suitable for use in schools, hospitals, churches, high-rise office buildings, and other public-use buildings to ensure safe and orderly evacuation in the event of fire
- Fire barrier sealants are classified into the following types: acrylic, silicone, polyurethane, and others. The others segment includes hybrid sealants.
- Fire barrier sealants create firestopping systems for expansion joints and through-penetrations that, when properly installed.
Restraints of Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market
- Installation of fire barrier sealants requires skilled workforce. However, several building contractors do not specialize in the installation of fire barrier sealants. This forms a challenge that needs to be addressed by manufacturers of fire barrier sealants.
- Thus, proper training is required for specialists that install fire barrier sealants. This acts as a restraint of the global fire barrier sealant market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Fire Barrier Sealant Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market
- Geographically, the global fire barrier sealant market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of fire barrier sealants across the world, followed by North America and Europe. However, Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global fire barrier sealant market in the near future, due to rise in the demand for fire barrier sealants in the building & construction sector in the region. Rise in construction activities in countries such as China, India, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia has fueled the demand for fire barrier sealants in the region.
- The fire barrier sealant market in Europe is led by Germany, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by increasing demand from the building & construction industry in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market
The global fire barrier sealant market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players are offering a complete portfolio of products and focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global fire barrier sealant market include:
- 3M Company
- ROCKWOOL Limited
- H. B. Fuller
- Bostik (Arkema)
- Everbuild Building Products Ltd.
- Specified Technologies Inc.
- Trafalgar Passive Fire Protection Systems
Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market: Research Scope
Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market, by Type
- Others (Hybrid)
Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market, by Application
- HVAC Ducts & Vents
- Metallic and Non-metallic Pipes
- Blank Openings
- Single and Bundled Cables
- Insulated Pipes
- Pipe and Cable Through-penetrations
- Rated Wall, Floor and Floor-Ceiling Assemblies
- Static Construction Joints
Global Fire Barrier Sealant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.