Fingerprint scanners are a type of biometric system which uses stored information about a person’s unique fingerprint traits for authentication purposes and to provide access to a system. These scanners are widely used across various end-user segments including consumer electronics, commercial, health care, and defense. The global fingerprint scanner market is expected to witness robust growth from 2017 to 2025 owing to the product’s high accuracy and low cost. The significant adoption of fingerprint scanners in cloud computing along with their extensive use in smartphones are likely to boost the demand for them in the next few years. In addition, fingerprint scanner have significant application in online payment transaction and in smartphone applications.
The global fingerprint scanner market is predicted to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to the emerging trend of the single sign-in system which helps the user to log on to his or her computer with a single touch of the finger rather than having to use a password or login ID every time. It provides security; eliminates the use of patterns, PIN codes, and passwords; and reduces threats related to stealing, hacking, and misuse of data. The emergence of mobile commerce is another important factor anticipated to drive the market for fingerprint scanners during the forecast period. The product offers advanced security in banking and other payment applications for mobile users. Mobile payments are increasing gradually with more people transferring money and shopping on phones. For instance, application such as Apple Pay and Samsung Pay are likely to drive the fingerprint scanner market.
Despite the multiple drivers, the lack of awareness among users regarding security issues and absence of standardization in the process of implementation & development of the technology are projected to lower its adoption rate during the forecast period.
The global fingerprint scanner market is classified on the basis of type into the swipe and area & touch varieties. The latter is estimated to expand at a high rate during the forecast period as it is preferred by several OEMs due to its accuracy, smaller size, and convenience. Based on technology, the fingerprint scanner market is categorized into the capacitive & RF capacitive sensing, optical sensing, and others segments. The capacitive & RF capacitive sensing technology is predicted to dominate the market during the forecast period due to its compactness and high accuracy. Based on end-user, the fingerprint sensor market is divided into the following categories: consumer electronics, aerospace & defense, immigration, banking & finance, health care, and others. The rising demand for consumer electronics is expected to drive this segment during the forecast period besides the increasing use of fingerprint sensors in laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
In terms of geography, the global fingerprint scanner market has been distributed over North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America held a major share in the fingerprint scanner market in 2016. The market in Asia Pacific is predicted to display growth during the forecast period due to the burgeoning consumer electronics sector in the region. The government here has started taking the initiative to implement biometric systems due to security concerns. In October 2016, Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry planned to test cashless payment using the fingerprint technology to make transactions easier and safer for tourists. These are the primary propellants of the market in this region.
Key players operating in the global fingerprint scanner market include Apple Inc. (The U.S), Synaptics Inc. (The U.S), Goodix Ltd. (China), NEC Corporation (Japan), and Thales SA. (France), BioEnable Technologies Pvt Ltd. (India), SecuGen Corporation (The U.S), HID Global (The U.S), Fingerprint Cards AB (Sweden) among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.