COVID-19 Impact on Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is hampering the demand for fertilizer granulating aids in numerous applications. Several countries across the globe enforced lockdowns to curb the spread of the coronavirus. These lockdowns resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown, which are hampering the demand for fertilizer granulating aids.
- Key players operating in the fertilizer granulating aids market are primarily tiered I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. The manufacture and supply chain facilities of these companies are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Numerous players have halted their production output in the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for fertilizer granulating aids. The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID 19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in the supply of raw materials is projected to hamper the full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- Increase in consumption of fertilizers in the agricultural industry is boosting the fertilizer granulating aids market. The global fertilizer market was valued at more than US$ 171 Bn in 2020. Increase in demand for organic and inorganic fertilizers and organic farming is also a key factor driving the fertilizer granulating aids market. Inorganic fertilizers include chemicals such as nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium. Organic fertilizers are obtained from plants and animals.
Restraints of Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- Lack of universal directives pertaining to applications of fertilizer granulating aids is expected to restrain the market during the forecast period. Volatility in raw material prices, regulations on fertilizer granulated aids, and availability of substitutes are also likely to restraint the market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- In terms of region, the global granulating fertilizer aid market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2020. It is a prominent market for fertilizer aids due to the expansion of fertilizer and organic farming industries in the region. China and India are notable consumers of fertilizer granulating aids in Asia Pacific. Consumption of inorganic and organic fertilizers for crops is also boosting the fertilizer granulating aids market in the region.
- North America and Europe are also key consumers of fertilizer granulating aids. The market in North America and Europe is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape of Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- Major players operating in the global fertilizer granulating aids market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- Dorf Ketal
- OAIN Industries
- NAQ Global
- Metalub Industries
Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market: Research Scope
Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market, by Product Type
- Liquid Type
- Powder Type
Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market, by Application
- NPK Granulated Fertilizer
Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market Introduction
- Granulation is the process of particle enlargement through the agglomeration technique. It is a significant operation process in the production of pharmaceutical dosage forms, mostly tablets and capsules. Granulation is required to avoid segregation, enhance the flow of powder, and form uniform structure. It transforms fine powder into free flowing, dust free granules that are easy to compress.
- Dry granulation and wet granulation are basic methods for granulation purpose. The basic function of granulating aid is to improve the granulation process, which turns out strong binding power and efficient and cost-effective products. Granulating aids such as ammonium phosphate, limestone CAN, monoammonium phosphate, potash derivatives, polyhalite, chalk, NPK, animal waste, calcium nitrate, urea, peat, and other soil improvers are used in the production of fertilizers. Granulating aid does not interfere with the chemical properties and the use of fertilizers. It is nontoxic and biodegradable.
- Granular or dry fertilizer is a type of fertilizer which comes in a dry pelleted form, as opposed to spikes, a liquid, or powder. Some companies make synthetic granular fertilizers, which tend to have very precise balance and predictable behavior once applied. Some companies make fertilizers from natural materials. These are tested before sale, but may not have always balance of nutrients that is available with synthetic fertilizers.
- Granular fertilizers have advantages over liquid fertilizers. They are cost effective in bulk, easy to store, efficient for heavy applications, and can be used at planting as slow release, since they provide doses of nutrients for months.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.