COVID-19 Impact on Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is hampering the demand for fertilizer granulating aids in numerous applications. Several countries across the globe enforced lockdowns to curb the spread of the coronavirus. These lockdowns resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown, which are hampering the demand for fertilizer granulating aids.
- Key players operating in the fertilizer granulating aids market are primarily tiered I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. The manufacture and supply chain facilities of these companies are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Numerous players have halted their production output in the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for fertilizer granulating aids. The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID 19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in the supply of raw materials is projected to hamper the full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- Increase in consumption of fertilizers in the agricultural industry is boosting the fertilizer granulating aids market. The global fertilizer market was valued at more than US$ 171 Bn in 2020. Increase in demand for organic and inorganic fertilizers and organic farming is also a key factor driving the fertilizer granulating aids market. Inorganic fertilizers include chemicals such as nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium. Organic fertilizers are obtained from plants and animals.
Restraints of Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- Lack of universal directives pertaining to applications of fertilizer granulating aids is expected to restrain the market during the forecast period. Volatility in raw material prices, regulations on fertilizer granulated aids, and availability of substitutes are also likely to restraint the market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- In terms of region, the global granulating fertilizer aid market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2020. It is a prominent market for fertilizer aids due to the expansion of fertilizer and organic farming industries in the region. China and India are notable consumers of fertilizer granulating aids in Asia Pacific. Consumption of inorganic and organic fertilizers for crops is also boosting the fertilizer granulating aids market in the region.
- North America and Europe are also key consumers of fertilizer granulating aids. The market in North America and Europe is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape of Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market
- Major players operating in the global fertilizer granulating aids market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- Dorf Ketal
- OAIN Industries
- NAQ Global
- Metalub Industries
Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market: Research Scope
Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market, by Product Type
Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market, by Application
- NPK Granulated Fertilizer
Global Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Fertilizer Granulating Aids Market Introduction
- Granulation is the process of particle enlargement through the agglomeration technique. It is a significant operation process in the production of pharmaceutical dosage forms, mostly tablets and capsules. Granulation is required to avoid segregation, enhance the flow of powder, and form uniform structure. It transforms fine powder into free flowing, dust free granules that are easy to compress.
- Dry granulation and wet granulation are basic methods for granulation purpose. The basic function of granulating aid is to improve the granulation process, which turns out strong binding power and efficient and cost-effective products. Granulating aids such as ammonium phosphate, limestone CAN, monoammonium phosphate, potash derivatives, polyhalite, chalk, NPK, animal waste, calcium nitrate, urea, peat, and other soil improvers are used in the production of fertilizers. Granulating aid does not interfere with the chemical properties and the use of fertilizers. It is nontoxic and biodegradable.
- Granular or dry fertilizer is a type of fertilizer which comes in a dry pelleted form, as opposed to spikes, a liquid, or powder. Some companies make synthetic granular fertilizers, which tend to have very precise balance and predictable behavior once applied. Some companies make fertilizers from natural materials. These are tested before sale, but may not have always balance of nutrients that is available with synthetic fertilizers.
- Granular fertilizers have advantages over liquid fertilizers. They are cost effective in bulk, easy to store, efficient for heavy applications, and can be used at planting as slow release, since they provide doses of nutrients for months.