Fertigation and Chemigation Market: Introduction
- Fertigation is the application of precise and equal amounts of fertilizers, nutrients, soil amendments, pesticides, and other water-soluble products through an irrigation system
- A similar application process, but of water-soluble chemicals such as pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides, is referred to as chemigation
- There is a strong connection between chemigation, fertigation, and irrigation, the goal being for each plant to receive a uniform quantity of water and additive. Fertigation and chemigation is the slow application of nutrients and water on or below the soil by surface drip, subsurface drip, bubbler, and micro-sprinkler systems.
- Fertigation and chemigation offer several advantages such as minimum wastage of water and minimal labor requirement. This provides the ability to guard against drought conditions.
- Fertigation is practiced extensively in commercial agriculture and horticulture. Fertigation is also increasingly being used for landscaping as dispenser units become more reliable and easier to use. Fertigation is used to add additional nutrients or to correct nutrient deficiencies detected in plant tissue analysis. It is usually practiced on high-value crops such as vegetables, turf, fruit trees, and ornamentals.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Fertigation and Chemigation Market
Increase in awareness about drip irrigation system is boosting the fertigation and chemigation market. Mostly, subsurface drip irrigation systems are used to augment fodder maize production. Government initiatives for optimum use of water resources in agriculture is driving the fertigation and chemigation Market. However, high cost is a factor that may restrict the market. The risk of chemigation and fertigation is the potential for accidental backflow of a chemical into the irrigation water source. This is negatively affecting the fertigation and chemigation market.
Fertigation and Chemigation Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the market can be divided into agriculture irrigation, landscape irrigation, greenhouse irrigation, and others
- Agriculture irrigation is a technique of applying water into land or soil and has various uses such as agricultural crop growth, maintenance of landscapes, and revitalization of dry land area
- The utilization of fertigation and chemigation as an application for agriculture irrigation provides favorable results of equal nutrient and water distribution to crops so that the absorption of nutrients and water is at an optimum level. Irrigation in agriculture has been gaining momentum in Asian countries due to the changing climate and growing economies.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Fertigation and Chemigation Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, farmers have faced a shortage of agricultural inputs such as fertilizers, seeds, and pesticides
- Despite qualifying as essential services during lockdowns in many countries, fertigation and chemigation agencies faced difficulties in securing equipment, inputs, and maintenance services. They also faced significant fiscal stress due to additional costs and lower revenues from both state transfers and tariffs. Furthermore, lack of accessibility to irrigation equipment was a major issue faced by farmers.
Europe to Hold Leading Share of Fertigation and Chemigation Market
- In terms of region, the fertigation and chemigation market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is expected to hold major share of the global fertigation and chemigation market, followed by North America and Asia Pacific, during the forecast period
- Europe leads the fertigation and chemigation market in terms of revenue. Increase in population and rise in demand for a better quality of crops are driving the market in the region
- Awareness about the benefits of using fertigation and chemigation techniques is widespread in countries such as the U.K., France, Spain, and Germany
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Fertigation and Chemigation Market
The fertigation and chemigation market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the fertigation and chemigation market include:
- Valmont Industries, Inc.
- Jain Irrigation Systems Limited
- Rivulis Irrigation
- Rain Bird Corporation
- Nelson Irrigation Corporation
- The Toro Company
- Lindsay Corporation
- T-L Irrigation Co.
- EPC Industrie Limited
Fertigation and Chemigation: Research Scope
Fertigation and Chemigation Market, by Input Type
Fertigation and Chemigation Market, by Irrigation Type
Fertigation and Chemigation Market, by Application
- Agriculture Irrigation
- Landscape Irrigation
- Greenhouse Irrigation
Fertigation and Chemigation Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.