Global Fermented Black Beans Market: Overview
Fermented black beans are the dull-black, wrinkled soft soybeans and that have a tint of gingery taste. Fermented black beans, commonly known as douchi in China, traditionally made from soybeans that have been dried and fermented with pepper and salt. Black beans look somewhat like small raisins and are salty, a bit bitter and sweet in taste. Fermented black beans can be stored, in air tight closed container, can be cold stored for a year. Fermented black beans are widely used for seasoning purposes and are very popular in variety of Chinese dishes, either they are stir-fried, steam cooked, or stewed at low flame. Few of the favourite ones are twice-cooked pork from Sichuan, mapo tofu, steamed pork ribs and seafood of the region such as braised mud marinated with fermented black beans. Some of the restaurants have picked fermented black beans as their special ingredient as black beans gives moist, aromatic, mouth-watering succulent flavour to the pork ribs.
Global Fermented Black Beans Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global fermented black beans market is estimated to be primarily driven by the Asia-Pacific (APEJ) region, where China is the major consumer black beans in their pork preparation since it has been one among the oldest known soy food of china and now being used all across the globe in one or the other form or preparations. Fermented black beans, commonly known as douchi in China mainly in the form of soy sauce, soybean paste or in the form of marinated mud form of fermented black beans to give it a distinct succulent black bean flavour to the entire dish.
Global Fermented Black Beans Market: Segmentation
On the basis of form, market is segmented into:-
- Powder derivatives
- Liquid derivatives
On the basis of application, market is segmented into:-
- Functional food
- Soy sauces
- Dipping sauce
- Food dressings
- Pork preparations
Global Fermented Black Beans Market: Region wise Outlook
The global fermented black beans market is divided into seven regions, namely Eastern Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), North America, Japan, Western Europe, and Middle East and Africa (MEA). In the Asia-Pacific region, China is the major consumer of black beans followed by U.S. in North America being second-largest region where it has been extensively used in different form of soybean derivatives in various pork preparations and has other applications as well making it largest producer and exporter of Black beans. There has been a significant rise in the export volume of the fermented black beans out of the United States as well, the U.S. total export share in the fermented black bean market has experienced a drastic downfall in the same period making it quite difficult to counter back that loss in market. This has shown some positive growth effect on other black bean producing markets particularly Latin American regions such as Brazil and Argentina also In the APEJ region in ASEAN countries such as Philippines, Vietnam and Cambodian cuisines demand has increased significantly making APEJ region one of the growing market for the fermented black bean products.
Global Fermented Black Beans Market: Key Players
Some of the key players identified in the global fermented black beans market includes:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company.
- JY Corporation Co. Ltd ( south Korea, Seoul)
- Cargill Plc, Inc.
- DuPont SARL
- Kikkoman Foods Europe B.V.
- Monsanto company
- Tofutti Brands, Inc.
- Lijiang Huali Bio-Product Development & Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd
- Griffith Labs.
- Protein Technologies International
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.