Global Fermentation Defoamer Market: Overview
Fermentation defoamer refers to a non-silicone, non-toxic defoamer, which is specially designed in a way to facilitate fermentation process in distilleries. It is a blend of fatty acid esters and polyalkylene glycols. Fermentation defoamer is water dispersible and finds its usage in natural state by automatic dosing pump or aspersion. It shows impressive performance in the control of foam, and betters the flow.
The product finds extensive application in the pharmaceutical industry during the making of steroids, bacterial vaccines, gene therapy vectors, antibiotics, and therapeutic proteins. Production of antibiotics such as tetracycline and penicillin makes use of industrial fermentation process. Vaccines for various diseases such as cholera, meningitis, and whooping cough are made in industrial fermenters. To reduce the effect of foams in these processes defoamers are used.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the fermentation defoamer market? Ask for the report brochure here
Transparency Market Research offers a 360-degree view of the global fermentation defoamer market in its latest report on the said market. In addition to market dynamics, it also analyzes the profiles of leading firms that are operating in the global fermentation defoamer market.
Global Fermentation Defoamer Market: Notable Developments
The contours of the global fermentation defoamer market will be shaped by developments such as the following:
- In 2018, Wacker Chemie AG made an acquisition of Amsterdam-based Synco Bio Partners company. The latter produces biopharmaceuticals and live microbial products and vaccines. The Munich-based chemical company also made acquisition of associated business of SynCo Bio Luxembourg S.à.r.l. This strategic move is an important step towards the expansion of the company in the biopharmaceuticals market.
Wacker Chemie AG, Blackburn Chemicals Ltd., Shin-Etsu Chemical Company, Momentive Performance Materials, Sixin North America, Inc., and ADDAPT Chemicals B.V. are some of the leading companies in the global fermentation defoamer market.
Global Fermentation Defoamer Market: Key Trends
The following factors are likely to propel the growth of global fermentation defoamer market:
Fermentation Defoamer Market to Thrive on Growing Alcohol and Beverage Industry
Fermentation defoamers find wide use in the beverage segment for the production of varieties of alcoholic beverages, such as beer, whisky, and wine. The substance is used to prevent excessive foam formation during fermentation of the drinks. As such, the alcoholic beverages segment is likely to account for a large chunk of the overall market due to higher alcohol consumption in the developed as well as developing countries.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on the fermentation defoamer market here
Applications in Healthcare Industry to Present Significant Headwinds
Over the last few decades, the healthcare scenario has changed dramatically, and considerable efforts are directed toward the improvement of the industrial fermentation process. Industrial fermentation process is widely used in the production of antibiotics such as tetracyclines and penicillin. Intensifying need for such significant antibiotics and proliferation of fatal and chronic diseases is likely to compel production of antibiotics, which in turn will accelerate the growth of global fermentation defoamer market.
Drug delivery systems are one of the fast growing services in the health care industry. Pharmaceutical companies are encouraging innovations in different fields of medicine. Substances such as silicon-based fermentation defoamers find extensive usage in various healthcare applications such as finger joints, intraocular lenses, heart valves, and consumer care products. Rising health care expenditure is likely to propel global fermentation defoamer market towards growth over the forecast period.
Global Fermentation Defoamer Market: Geographical Analysis
In the global fermentation defoamer market,as per estimations, Asia Pacific expected to be potentially promising market for the food and beverages industry. India and China play a vital role in terms of generating demand, thanks to an evolving lifestyle of their populations and growing numbers of working individuals. A few of the fastest growing segments of the food and beverage industry in Asia Pacific are beverage, fats and oils, cereals, grains, and poultry. China is also regarded as prominent beer producing country. These factors will catalyze the development of the global fermentation defoamer market over the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.