Fast Charging Vehicles Market: Introduction
- Charging technologies of electric vehicles is witnessing rapid transformations due to changing customer expectations. Electric vehicles require frequent charging through an external supply of electric energy, which maximizes the range of vehicles. Fast charging vehicles with AC or DC systems rated between 7kW to 22kW reduce the time required to charge vehicles to 3 - 4 hours, thus reducing the waiting time and providing better mobility experience.
Key Drivers of Fast Charging Vehicles Market
- Traditional electric vehicles are equipped with slow-speed AC charging solutions, which makes charging a vehicle a cumbersome task. Currently available electric vehicles in the market have a low range and hence, require charging at frequent intervals. OEMs have introduced fast charging vehicles in order to address these difficulties in slow charging speed, which considerably reduces the charging time of vehicles. For instance, the MG ZS EV of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited and Nissan Leaf of Groupe Renault feature fast charging technologies. Thus, the benefits of rapid charging technologies to deliver better customer experience are driving the fast charging vehicles market across the globe.
- Increase in prices of fossil fuels and awareness among people regarding emissions from IC engines has boosted the sale of electric vehicles. International Energy Agency stated in their Global EV Outlook 2020 that in 2019, sale of electric cars was more than 2.1 million worldwide, with a 40% year-on-year growth. This rise in demand for electric vehicles has prompted OEMs to launch newer models. For instance, in September 2020 Lucid Motors, Inc. launched Lucid Air electric vehicle with fast charging system that charges the vehicle at a rate of 32 km per minute. This growing inclination toward electric vehicles and emergence of new vehicle models is fuelling the global fast charging vehicles market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges in Fast Charging Vehicles Market
- Issues associated with thermal management due to overheating of vehicle batteries in fast charging vehicles are posing a challenge to the global fast charging vehicles market
Opportunities in Fast Charging Vehicles Market
- OEMs are focused on the development of next-generation fast charging electric vehicles that have wireless charging capabilities. Daimler AG and BMW AG have partnered to develop wireless induction charging technologies for their electric vehicles. These new technologies are anticipated to drive the global fast charging vehicles market in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Fast Charging Vehicles Market
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic decreased the sales and production of electric vehicles and disrupted automotive supply chains. However, demand for fast charging vehicles is expected to rise again globally, as governments ease restrictions and companies restart their operations with precautionary measures.
Europe holds Significant Share of Global Fast Charging Vehicles Market
- Europe accounted for a significant share of the global fast charging vehicles market due to considerable presence of OEMs. Additionally, these OEMs are partnering to create fast vehicle charging network across Europe to support their fast charging vehicles. BMW AG, Daimler AG, Ford Motor Company, Volkswagen, AUDI AG, and Porsche AG have partnered to develop a fast charging network for electric vehicles in Europe, which can deliver a charge of 240 miles range within 15 minutes. These infrastructural developments are further driving the global fast charging vehicles market.
Key Players Operating in Fast Charging Vehicles Market
The global fast charging vehicles market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the fast charging vehicles market are:
- BMW AG
- Daimler AG
- Dr.-Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors
- Groupe Renault
- Lucid Motors, Inc.
- MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION
- SAIC Motor Corporation Limited
- SUBARU CORPORATION
- Toyota Motor Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Fast Charging Vehicles Market, Request for a Sample
Global Fast Charging Vehicles Market: Research Scope
Global Fast Charging Vehicles Market, by Current
Global Remote Vehicle Shutdown System Market, by Standards
- EN 61851
Global Remote Vehicle Shutdown System Market, by Charging Method
Global Remote Vehicle Shutdown System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Remote Vehicle Shutdown System Market, by Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.