Factory Automation Platform as a Service Market: Overview
Factory automation platform as a service (FA PaaS) typically means factory automation processes, primarily running in an industry, are carried out with the help of platform as a service (PaaS). PaaS is basically a cloud-based computing service, which helps factory automation achieve increased productivity within stipulated time, while maintaining quality and cost. FA PaaS allows companies a higher-level of automation with reduced complexity. The overall development of the application becomes more effective due to its built-in infrastructure. FA PaaS is also useful where multiple developers are working on a single project, which involves people who are not based out of the same location. These advantages of FA PaaS helps users to maintain quality of the product, optimize costs and usage of limited human resource, and save time.
Factory Automation Platform as a Service Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global factory automation platform as a service market is expanding at a high growth rate due to various factors such as increased focus on resource optimization and cost of production, energy efficiency, and advancement in cloud computing technology. Demand for optimized human resources along with optimized cost of production and efficiency is boosting the demand for FA Paas. Several developments presently occurring in cloud computing technology are expected to boost the factory automation platform as a service market in the near future. However, lack of skilled technicians is likely to hamper the factory automation PaaS market. Skilled workforce is limited, as the market is in the nascent phase. However, this can be overcome in the later stages of development.
Companies are experiencing an increasing need to update their factory automation infrastructure. This is because factors such as improving quality and productivity, reduced operating expenses and waste are essential for a company to achieve maximum competitive advantage. Furthermore, it is important that a manufacturer caters to changing demands of consumers regarding products and fulfills the same those before the competition. This provides a considerable opportunity to the factory automation platform as a service market in order to fulfill the demand from consumers within a stipulated time.
Factory Automation Platform as a Service Market: Segmentation
The global factory automation platform as a service market can be segmented based on solution, service, end-user industry, and region. Based on solution, the market can be classified into supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), distributed control system (DCS), manufacturing execution system (MES), human–machine interface (HMI), product lifecycle management (PLM), and others. In terms of service, the factory automation platform as a service market can be segregated into platform and professional services. The platform services segment can be further sub-segmented into asset management, remote monitoring, data processing and analytics, application development and management, and security management. The professional services segment can be further split into consulting and planning, integration, training, support, and maintenance. Based on end-user industry, the market can be bifurcated into oil & gas, energy & power, chemicals, water & wastewater management, food & beverage, mining & metal, paper & pulp, pharmaceutical, and other.
Based on region, the global factory automation platform as a service market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. These geographic regions are further analyzed at the country level, wherein top countries across North America are the U.S. and Canada. Europe includes market analysis across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, the market in Asia Pacific is studied and analyzed across India, China, Japan, Australia, and the Rest of Asia Pacific. The top countries in Middle East & Africa and South America include GCC countries, South Africa, and Brazil.
Factory Automation Platform as a Service Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global factory automation platform as a service market include Siemens AG, General Electric Company, Schneider Electric Se, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Hitachi Ltd., Rockwell Automation, Inc., Telit, and Advantech Co., Ltd, PTC.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.