Face Recognition Terminal Market- Introduction
- A face recognition terminal is used to identify a person by matching or comparing the face in the image captured by a camera with images of faces available in a database through similarities in features of faces.
- A face recognition terminal is also used in combination with other biometric characteristics such as iris and fingerprint recognition which is relevant for verification and access control protocols in security systems.
- A face recognition terminal is majorly used in commercial infrastructure to ensure security with authorized access to restricted areas or office premises. Face recognition solution providers offer advanced terminals by integrating them with Android systems to provide GUI access to users.
- Face recognition solutions and terminals are also available for the residential sector. Increasing demand for smart homes is expected to lead to prominent growth in the face recognition terminal market in the residential sector.
- Demand for face recognition is increasing in manufacturing, government, research and development centers, and other private restricted areas to avoid unauthorized access to intruders.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of the Face Recognition Terminal Market
- Increasing awareness and initiatives by government and private companies to provide security to enterprise data and users is expected to drive the face recognition terminal market. Growing trend of smart homes and initiatives for smart cities by governments is estimated to fuel their market growth during the forecast period.
- Rising demand for advance technological security solutions and centralized security access systems is set to create revenue opportunities for face recognition terminal solution providers.
High implementation cost and issues related to data storage expected to hinder the face recognition terminal market
- Face recognition terminals require high quality cameras and sensors and advanced customized software to maintain accuracy and processing speed. The implementation cost of face recognition systems for commercial infrastructure is high which is expected to hinder their market growth during the forecast period.
- Face recognition terminals process high quality images and video to analyze the facial features to provide access to users. Storage capacity is limited in face recognition terminals which is expected to impact the demand for these terminals.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to hold major share of the global face recognition terminal market
- North America is expected to hold prominent share of the face recognition terminal market due to the growing adoption of advanced security solutions by leading IT and data center companies, and government organizations to comply with security standards.
- Increasing adoption of face recognition terminals in financial service companies to maintain the security of confidential financial data of different organizations is estimated to boost the demand for face recognition terminals during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly expanding market for face recognition terminals during the forecast period due to increasing smart city initiatives in Asian countries (India, China and Japan). Expansion of the Asia Pacific market is also due to growing awareness and increasing demand for advanced security solutions.
- Key players of the market are expected to increase investment in face recognition terminals to differentiate their offerings and to maintain their dominance and position in the market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Face Recognition Terminal Market
- Suprema Inc.
Suprema Inc. is a global provider of security and biometric solutions to businesses. In the last couple of years, Suprema Inc. introduced innovative solutions and technologies in security sectors. The company offers a wide range of solutions such as time & attendance solutions, biometric access control systems, mobile authentication solutions, fingerprint live scanners, and embedded fingerprint modules. The company offers security solutions to construction, data centers, healthcare, and manufacturing sectors.
- Cognitec Systems GmbH
Cognitec Systems GmbH is a global hardware and software solution provider in face recognition technology. The company offers solutions for ID management, border control, law enforcement, physical security, and commercial security solutions. The company offers the solutions in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Other key players operating in the global face recognition terminal market include Herta Security, Anhui Crearo Technology Co., Ltd., Hanwha Techwin Europe Limited, IDEMIA, and Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (HIKVISION)
Global Face Recognition Terminal Market: Research Scope
Global Face Recognition Terminal Market, by Application
- Access Control
- Time & Attendance System
- Registration & Identification
- Lockers Control
- Kiosk & POS System
Global Face Recognition Terminal Market, by End-user
- IT & Telecom
- Aerospace and Defense
- Others (Consumer Electronics, Energy, etc)
Global Face Recognition Terminal Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.