Extruded Acrylic Sheets Market: Overview
- Extruded acrylic sheets are manufactured through the continuous production method. Extruded acrylic sheets are more cost effective and malleable than cast acrylic; as a result, they are preferred for general fabrication. Additionally, these sheets are dimensionally stable with consistent thickness across sheets.
- Extruded acrylic sheets are available in a wide range of thicknesses and sheet sizes. Major types of extruded acrylic sheets include transparent, semitransparent, and colored sheets. Extruded acrylic sheets offer resistance to cold, heat, humidity, and sunlight.
- Extruded acrylic sheets are about half the weight of glass. They are moisture resistant. Transparent extruded acrylic sheets are clearer than glass and maintain original color and appearance. Extruded acrylic sheets possess various properties such as flexibility, thermoformability, and UV resistance.
- Extruded acrylic sheets are ideal for shed and garage window installation, greenhouse glazing, and various indoor applications
Rise in Demand for Refractories to Drive Global Extruded Acrylic Sheets Market
- Rise in demand for building & construction materials is expected to propel the demand for extruded acrylic sheets during the forecast period
- Increase in construction activities in Asia Pacific and Europe is significantly augmenting the demand for general fabrication, thus driving the consumption of extruded acrylic sheets
- Availability of low-cost synthetic substitutes is one of the major factors hampering the global extruded acrylic sheets market. Volatility in prices of raw materials is also estimated to adversely affect the market in the near future.
- The global extruded acrylic sheets market is facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID 19 pandemic. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations. Supply shortage also raises the prices of raw materials. Affected downstream supply chain might take longer to recover. The industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered.
Transparent Extruded Acrylic Sheet Product Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on product type, the global extruded acrylic sheets market can be segmented into transparent extruded acrylic sheet, semitransparent extruded acrylic sheet, and color extruded acrylic sheet
- The transparent extruded acrylic sheet segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. It is likely to be followed by semitransparent extruded acrylic sheet segment.
Building & Construction Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Global Market
- Based on application, the extruded acrylic sheets market can be divided into automotive & transport, building & construction, light & signage, and others
- The building & construction segment is expected to dominate the global extruded acrylic sheets market during the forecast period. Growth in industrial and residential construction is expected to drive the demand for extruded acrylic sheets in the building & construction segment during the forecast period.
- The automotive & transport segment is anticipated to offer significant growth opportunities during the forecast period owing to expansion in the automotive industry in developing regions such as Asia Pacific and Latin America
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Extruded Acrylic Sheets Market
- In terms of region, the global extruded acrylic sheets market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, led by the presence of key manufacturers as well as consumers in the region
- Expansion of the building & construction sector in Asia Pacific is likely to boost the extruded acrylic sheets market in the region in the near future
- North America is also estimated to hold vital share of the global extruded acrylic sheets market during the forecast period
- Growth of the market in Europe can be ascribed to the rise in construction activities in Eastern Europe. Additionally, presence of large numbers of automotive manufacturers in Germany and France is boosting the demand for extruded acrylic sheets in Europe.
Key Players in Global Extruded Acrylic Sheets Market
The global extruded acrylic sheets market is fragmented, with the presence of several regional and global manufacturers. Prominent players operating in the market are adopting different strategies such as acquisition, product launch, and mergers to maintain their leading position. Key players are investing in the technological developments in order to maintain their leading position.
Major players operating in the global extruded acrylic sheets market include:
- Mitsubishi Rayon
- Altuglas (Arkema)
- Plas-Tech Inc.
- Taixing Donchamp
- Unigel Group
- Jiangxi Oulida
- Guang Shun Plastic
- Shen Chuen Acrylic
- Raychung Acrylic
- Asia Poly
- GARY Acrylic Xishun
Global Extruded Acrylic Sheets Market: Research Scope
Global Extruded Acrylic Sheets Market, by Product Type
- Transparent Extruded Acrylic Sheet
- Semitransparent Extruded Acrylic Sheet
- Color Extruded Acrylic Sheet
Global Extruded Acrylic Sheets Market, by Application
- Automotive & Transport
- Building & Construction
- Light & Signage
Global Extruded Acrylic Sheets Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.