Exposed Aggregate Concrete Market: Overview
- Exposed aggregate concrete is a type of decorative concrete obtained by removing the top layer of cement paste and revealing the underlying aggregate. The exposed aggregate concrete is durable. Furthermore, it requires low maintenance, and provides wide choice of colors. It is primarily used for sidewalks, driveways, pool decks, and patios. Exposed aggregate concrete requires little maintenance, blends well with other decorative concrete, and provides surface that is strong and skid-resistant. It can also withstand all kinds of extreme weather.
Key Drivers of Exposed Aggregate Concrete Market
- The exposed aggregate concrete market is driven by the increase in demand for the concrete in various building and construction activities. It is commonly used for outdoor applications such as pavements, sidewalks, and large pedestrian hardscape areas. Exposed aggregate concrete provides a durable, long-lasting surface that requires little maintenance over years of service. Exposed aggregate concrete surfaces are esthetically pleasing and easier to produce than typical grey concrete. Exposed aggregate concrete can possess a number texture and finishes.
- Increase in demand for exposed aggregate concrete in the building & construction industry is a major factor expected to drive the global exposed aggregate concrete market. Rise in investments in construction activities in Brazil and Mexico, and high demand for concrete in Asia Pacific are likely to present lucrative opportunities to the exposed aggregate concrete market.
High Cost of Exposed Aggregate Concrete to Hamper Market
- Conventional concrete paving is more affordable than exposed aggregate paving, costing only about U$ 7 to US$ 9 per square foot. High cost of exposed aggregate paving is likely to hamper the demand for exposed aggregate concrete. Convectional concrete offers nice, clean look. It can also be tinted and stained in many different colors.
Sidewalk Application Segment Held Major Share in 2018
- The sidewalk application segment accounted for large share of the global exposed aggregate concrete market in 2018. Exposed aggregate is a type of cement finish that exposes the aggregates of a concrete surface. It is an ideal choice for pool decks, patios, driveways, walkways, and commercial entryways.
Asia Pacific Expected To Hold Large Share of Global Exposed Aggregate Concrete Market
- In terms of region, the global exposed aggregate concrete market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific held key share of global exposed aggregate concrete market in 2018. Construction volume in the U.S rose by 3% year-on-year in 2018 and 2.1% year-on-year in 2019. Construction spending growth in 2018 was driven by non-residential and residential sectors. The residential construction sector in the U.S. has been expanding largely due to low unemployment rates, wage improvements, inventories, and tax restructure. Demand for residential construction is strong due to increasing wages and low unemployment. On the others hand, growth of non-residential construction is ascribed to low unemployment, income growth, corporate relocations, and rise in demand for mission-critical facilities. Thus, growth in construction activities in the U.S. is expected to drive the exposed aggregate concrete market in the country.
- The construction sector expanded at a considerable pace in Mexico in 2018. Construction of high-value housing and productive buildings has also boosted the sector.
- The construction industry in Asia Pacific is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period. China is the world’s largest construction industry. Residential construction in the country is estimated to experience slow but stable growth in the near future. The residential and non-residential construction sectors are likely to expand at a considerable pace in the near future.
Key Players in Market
The global exposed aggregate concrete market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share. Key players operating in the exposed aggregate concrete market include:
- GWC Decorative Concrete
- Mattingly Concrete Inc.
- Triad Associates, Inc.
- Patriarch Construction
- CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V.
- Aggregate Industries
Global Exposed Aggregate Concrete Market: Research Scope
Global Exposed Aggregate Concrete Market, by Application
Global Exposed Aggregate Concrete Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.