Explosion-Proof Lighting Market -Outline
Products in the global explosion-proof lighting market are specially designed to minimize the risk of exploding or bursting when encountered with fire or hazardous vapors and pulverized dust particles. These lighting fixtures are designed to isolate sparks within the lighting unit to mitigate the risk of the product exploding. This effectively minimizes the risk of explosions spreading and combining to create a devastating chain reaction of explosions. Products in the global explosion-proof lighting market reduces the risk of igniting various flammable or otherwise chemical volatile substances in the proximity during the explosion. Products in global explosion-proof lighting market feature a thick casing around the light bulbs, although they are not completely air tight.
Unique design of explosion proof lights forces the gas to take a complex and long route through various channels and pathways in the fixture. This allows the gas to cool down and reach a safer temperature. This quality of products in global explosion-proof lighting market is expected to fuel increased demand in coming years. These products are extremely helpful in various hazardous workspaces where the risk of explosions or fires is commonplace. Product offerings in global explosion-proof lighting market can include explosion proof light towers, explosion proof exit signs, explosion proof hazardous area lighting, and explosion proof string lights. Rapid adoption of these lights in various high risk industries such as mining, oil and gas, chemical, and manufacturing is expected to create exciting opportunities in global explosion-proof lighting market in coming years.
Explosion-proof Lighting: Introduction
- Proper lighting is extremely important for a variety of reasons. It helps perform work and complete tasks by ensuring well-lit work areas. It keeps a person aware of the environment and improves safety.
- Appropriate lighting also provides a comfortable atmosphere that helps a person feel less stressed. Light fixtures are electrical appliances. However, these can be dangerous in some locations. Stray sparks can set off a buildup of flammable gasses and materials. Hence, installation of explosion-proof lighting is important.
- Companies provide lighting solutions that use powerful LED technology to help create extensive illumination while minimizing risk. Hazardous area/explosion-proof lightings possess extra durable fixtures designed specifically for the toughest environments.
- A hazardous location is defined as a place where concentration of flammable gases, vapors, or dust occur. Electrical equipment that must be installed in such locations is specially designed and tested to ensure it does not initiate an explosion due to arcing contacts or high surface temperature of the equipment. For instance, explosion-proof lighting can be used in commercial kitchens to avoid accidents caused by shattered light fixtures.
Global Explosion-proof Lighting: Market Dynamics
- Maintaining offshore oil rigs (operating day in and day out) demands illumination and lighting equipment that can withstand harsh conditions of the marine environment. Moreover, the presence of highly flammable and volatile petrochemicals propels the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights.
- Increase in number of offshore oil & gas stations is projected to drive the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights, which in turn propels the global explosion-proof lighting market. Replacement of fire- and explosion-proof lights in existing energy infrastructure is also anticipated to boost the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights.
- Stringent government regulations regarding installation of lighting in hazardous workplaces coupled with an increase in awareness about the safety of employees as well as mechanical assets is expected to propel the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights during the forecast period
- Law enforcement agencies across the world emphasize the use of reliable and safe equipment, which is likely to fuel the demand for fire- and explosion-proof flash lights. This in turn is projected to propel the global explosion-proof lighting market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in Demand for Explosion-proof Lighting
- Common applications of explosion-proof lights include fabrication workshops, industrial settings, laboratories, and warehouses. Use of this fixture ensures a safe option that would not shatter under extreme conditions, which is ideal for such tough environments.
- End-users of explosion-proof lighting include chemicals, oil & gas, marine, mining, food & beverages, industrial, military bases, and airports. In chemicals, explosion-proof lighting is used in various applications starting with the primary production stage to downstream in the packaging stage, especially in harmful atmospheres, extreme climates, and areas that contain inflammable gases.
Explosion-proof Lighting to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Recent trends include incorporation of powder-coated aluminum housings, stainless steel, brass, high impact nylon polymers, heat-resistant silicone gaskets, and watertight connectors to make fire- and explosion-proof lights more reliable and safe
- Manufacturers are using LEDs for fire- and explosion-proof lights to make these more energy-efficient. This is anticipated to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers in the explosion-proof lighting market.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market
- The global explosion-proof lighting market can be segmented into five major regions: North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Various manufacturers of explosion-proof lighting are present in the Asia Pacific region. Hence, the region accounts for major share of the global explosion-proof lighting market.
- Stringent government regulations regarding installation of lighting systems in hazardous workplaces in North America and Europe is likely to augment the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights in these regions
- The explosion-proof lighting market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand significantly. The market in South America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period due to less number of companies operating in the regions.
Key Players in Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market
The global explosion-proof lighting market was highly fragmented in 2019. Prominent players operating in the global market focus on technological developments and expansion to cater to the rise in demand for explosion-proof lighting. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global explosion-proof lighting market include:
- Hubbell Ltd.
- Larson Electronics
- Nordland Lighting
- Zhejiang Tormin Electrical Co. Ltd.
- R. STAHL, Inc.
- Petro Middle East
- Brite Strike Technologies SA
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Explosion-proof Lighting Market, Request for a Sample
Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market: Research Scope
Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market, by Type
- Fixed Lighting
- Mobile Lighting
- Small & Portable Lighting
Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market, by Light Type
Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market, by End-use Industry
- Power Plants
- Military Bases
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverage
- Transportation Facility
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.