Expandable Graphite Market: Introduction
- Expandable graphite expands when heated. It is manufactured by treating flake graphite with reagents, including acid, that migrate between graphite layers and heat. Expansion of flake graphite decreases the material’s overall bulk density. However, it increases the surface area. This change yields a material that demonstrates increased chemical reactivity over the original material. Expandable graphite is primarily used as a flame retardant. Expansion produces an intumescent layer on the surface of graphite flake and reduces the creation of toxic gases and fumes. Expandable graphite is also employed in thermal management in consumer electronics products. It is employed in various other industrial applications including fire retardants and heat and corrosion resistant gaskets.
Key Drivers of Global Expandable Graphite Market
- Increase in adoption of expandable graphite as a flame retardant in the building & construction industry is a major factor projected to drive the global expandable graphite market during the forecast period. Improvement in standard of living and increase in disposable income of consumers have significantly boosted the construction sector in developing countries across the globe.
- Rise in usage of expandable graphite in high powered laser machines for welding and cutting, increase in demand for laser beams with superior beam quality and low-cost features, and growth in the 3D printing market are other key factors estimated to drive the global expandable graphite market in the near future
- Increase in demand for expandable graphite in various industrial applications such as flow batteries and fuel cells due to its enhanced physical properties is another factor estimated to boost the global expandable graphite market during the forecast period
- Growth in adoption of expandable graphite as a component in a various applications such as batteries, coatings, plastic foils, rubber products, heating and cooling systems, energy storage systems, and sealing systems is another important factor expected to propel the global market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Expandable Graphite Market report
Significant Opportunity in Fire Retardant Applications
- Based on application, the global expandable graphite market can be segmented into fire retardant, environmental protection, sealing material, high energy battery material, and others. In terms of value, the fire retardant segment is anticipated to hold significant share of the global market during the forecast period owing to the rise in demand for expandable graphite in fire retardant applications in industries such as building & construction and textile.
- Based on end-user, the global expandable graphite market can be divided into building & construction, textile, consumer electronics, paper, and others. Increase in demand for expandable graphite products in the building & construction industry in various developed as well as developing countries is a major factor anticipated to boost the global expandable graphite market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Expandable Graphite Market
- In terms of region, the global expandable graphite market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is estimated to account for major share of the global expandable graphite market during the forecast period. Demand for expandable graphite is increasing at a rapid pace in building & construction and consumer electronics industries in Asia Pacific. Expandable graphite products act as performance fillers or additives in adhesives, plastics, sealants, and plasters. This is augmenting the global expandable graphite market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Expandable Graphite Market
- The global expandable graphite market was highly fragmented in 2018. Rapid growth of the global building & construction industry is likely to augment the expandable graphite market during the forecast period.
- Several major players are engaged in research and development activities in order to expand their product portfolios
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Expandable Graphite Market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Expandable Graphite Market:
- SGL Carbon
- AMG Mining AG
- Durrans Group
- Yichang Xincheng Graphite Co.,Ltd.
- GrafTech International Ltd.
- National de Grafite
- Qingdao Jinhui Graphite Co. Ltd.
- Qingdao Black Dragon Graphite Group
- Qingdao Tianfeng Graphite Co., Ltd.
- Sanyo Corporation
- Qingdao YanXin Graphite Products Co., LTD.
- Yichang Huabang Graphite Co., Ltd.
- Asbury Carbons Inc.
- Xuzhou Jinxing Graphite Material Co., Ltd.
Global Expandable Graphite Market: Research Scope
Global Expandable Graphite Market, by Application
- Fire Retardant
- Environmental Protection
- Sealing Material
- High Energy Battery Material
Global Expandable Graphite Market, by End-user
- Building & Construction
- Consumer Electronics
Global Expandable Graphite Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.