EV Charging Infrastructure: Introduction
Growth in awareness about creating sustainable environmental conditions, rise in urbanization and industrialization, and introduction of new energy efficiency standards are some of the key factors driving the global EV charging infrastructure market. The market is expected develop further during the forecast period led by the rise in research and development activities for producing more efficient and reliable units. The charging infrastructure is anticipated to evolve owing to the development of technology and the growing popularity of electric vehicles.
Key Drivers and Restraints of EV Charging Infrastructure Market
- Leading players in the market are constantly striving to deploy more efficient charging stations in their parking spaces and garages. This is driving the demand for private charging units of EV charging infrastructure. Additionally, rise in research and development activities to enhance the ability to store energy is an important factor that is boosting the global EV charging infrastructure market.
- Increase in environmental concerns and initiatives by various governments for environment conservation is also augmenting the global EV charging infrastructure market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Governments of various countries have imposed restrictions on the movement of individuals and economic activities to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, most of the EV automakers such as BMW AG, Daimler AG, Kia Motors Corp, Tesla Motors, and Nissan Motor Co. have had to shut down their production facilities. Disruption in operation of production facilities has hampered the demand for EV charging infrastructure.
Fast Charger Type Segment to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global EV charging infrastructure market can be segmented based on type and region
- Based on type, the global EV charging infrastructure market can be divided into fast charger and slow charger. Fast charger is extensively used in EV charging infrastructure. Growth of the segment can be ascribed to the rise in demand for the deployment of fast chargers in commercial stations. Most of the organizations have deployed Level 2 AC or Level 1 DC fast chargers in charging stations that can fully charge an electric vehicle within four to six hours.
- The slow charger segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to the introduction of initiatives by several policymakers to promote the deployment of public charging infrastructure that mostly employs slow chargers
North America Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global EV charging infrastructure Market
- In terms of region, the global EV charging infrastructure market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- North America dominated the global EV charging infrastructure market in 2020 primarily due to the rise in penetration of single-family homes in the region. Growth in adoption of EVs, specifically in California and Pacific Northwest, is also boosting the market in North America. Rise in prices of energy and increase in concerns about the adverse impact of fuel utilization on the environment are other important factors augmenting the EV charging infrastructure market in North America.
- The EV charging infrastructure market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in adoption of EV charging infrastructure in emerging countries such as India and China. China, in particular, has been installing large number of charging units.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global EV charging infrastructure market include:
- ChargePoint, Inc.
- Eaton Corp.
- General Electric Company
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens AG
- Tesla, Inc.
- BP Chargemaster
Global EV charging infrastructure Market: Research Scope
Global EV Charging Infrastructure Market, by Type
- Fast Charger
- Slow Charger
Global EV Charging Infrastructure Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.