Europe & Middle East Lime Market
Europe & Middle East Lime Market (Product Type: Quicklime and Slaked Lime/Hydrated Lime; Form: Powder and Slurry/Liquid; and Application: Metallurgical, Construction & Environment, Water & Wastewater Treatment, Agriculture, Chemical Intermediates, Glass, Paper & Pulp, Food & Beverage, and Others) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Cash Flow Forecasts Help Respond to COVID-19 Uncertainties
Cash flow projections, finance, and government programs have become key focus points for companies in the Europe & Middle East lime market during the COVID-19 crisis. This is evident since shut down of mines, volatility in inventories, and slow growth of the international sales market are hampering market growth. As such, European and Middle Eastern miners are securing supply chains with the U.S., as the mining industry has been listed as essential in the national effort against the coronavirus pandemic.
The re-evaluation of non-core and underperforming operations is being conducted by companies in the Europe & Middle East lime market. They are focusing on cash flow forecasts and projections to help management make key decisions amidst unprecedented times.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Broad Product Differentiation in Europe, Competition from China Hamper Market Growth
The European cement and lime sector is a competitive landscape. Countries such as China, India, Russia, Malaysia, and South Korea are key lime producing regions that pose as a threat to the business of European manufacturers. As such, low transportation cost in the European lime industry is benefitting stakeholders. This explains why the Europe lime market is predicted to clock a favorable CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period.
It has been found that lime prices vary fairly strongly in Europe, owing to broad product differentiation, wide divergence in terms of productivity, and limited trade intensity due to rather low value/weight ratio. Nevertheless, an upward trend in exports and imports are creating incremental opportunities for companies in the Europe lime market.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Delays in Transportation, Safety Hazards Affect Middle East Lime Market
The Middle East lime market is estimated to advance at a favorable CAGR of ~7% during the assessment period. However, Middle Eastern manufacturers need to overcome challenges of delays in transportation and safety hazards. Thus, stakeholders are improving their logistics expertise to deliver the right product at the right time. They are partnering with qualified carriers and vendors to transport lime in a safe and reliable manner to the end consumers.
Companies in the Middle East lime market are increasing their R&D efforts to identify strategic opportunities to position their products closer to the facilities of clients and ensure product availability. In order to boost their credibility, companies are managing their critical carrier performance indicators to make sure they are meeting delivery requirements of clients as per different load sizes.
Oxygen Enrichment Technique Helps Curb Gaseous Emissions in Cement Manufacturing Processes
There is a growing demand for innovative technologies to improve energy efficiency with minimum possible environment emission. It has been learnt that in typical cement manufacturing processes, more than 50% of the carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions are due to the transformation of limestone to lime. Hence, companies in the Europe & Middle East lime market are increasing awareness about oxygen enrichment technique to lower gaseous emissions. This explains why the Europe & Middle East lime market is estimated to reach the value mark of US$ 11 Bn and US$ 1.1 Bn, respectively.
Eggshell Quicklime, Drying Applications Creating Business Opportunities for Startups
Lime is being highly publicized for soil drying. Eggshell produced limes are emerging as a natural resource to produce alternative construction materials. Quicklime and hydrated lime produced from eggshell residues are being blended with ground waste glass, whilst evaluating their potential usage as a binder material for soil stabilization. Startups in the Europe & Middle East lime market are anticipated to become aware about this business opportunity by increasing their production capacities in eggshell quicklime (EQL) and eggshell hydrated lime (EHL).
Manufacturers in the Europe & Middle East lime market are broadening their business streams in construction and environment applications. This is evident since lime is known to outperform Portland cement in drying applications.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Europe & Middle East Lime Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Companies are proactively working with banks for financial assistance during the COVID-19 era to maintain a steady stream of cash flow. Eggshell produced limes are gaining popularity as innovative materials for soil stabilization. The European cement and lime sector is subject to a broad set of regulatory and framework conditions such as energy legislation, access to natural resources, and industrial emissions. Hence, companies in the Europe & Middle East lime market should focus on construction-related applications to tap into local market revenue opportunities. They are using hydrated lime in combination with asphalt for anti-stripping while stiffening the binders in asphalt.
Europe & Middle East Lime Market: Overview
- Lime, also known as quicklime and hydrated lime, is an amorphous white solid with a high melting point of 2,600 °C. It is a highly stable compound that can withstand high temperatures. In the presence of water, it forms slaked lime or hydrated lime. This process is called slaking of lime. Calcium oxide can be produced by thermal decomposition of materials, such as limestone, which contain calcium carbonate in lime kiln. The process that is used to prepare burnt lime is known as calcination. Based on product type, the global lime market has been segmented into quicklime and hydrated lime.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the Europe & Middle East lime market for the historical year 2019, current year 2020 and the forecast period 2021 to 2031, rise in the demand for lime (quicklime or hydrated lime) in the metallurgical industry is a key factor that is expected to boost the market in Europe & Middle East lime during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the lime market in Europe is projected to reach the value of US$ 11 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. Meanwhile, the lime market in the Middle East is projected to reach US$ 1.1 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Quicklime in Metallurgical Industry: A Key Driver
- Lime is used in various steps during the manufacturing of steel. Steel plants desulfurize hot metal by using flow aided pulverized lime blend. Lime is also used to remove sulfur and phosphorus from the metal. Lime is employed in a wide range of applications in the manufacturing process of steel, such as wire drawing, lubrication of steel rods, coating to prevent sticking in pig and slag casting, neutralizing acid-based water, pickle liquor, temporary corrosion protection in the form of whitewash coating on steel, and neutralizing acid in coke in product plants. Quicklime ‒ both high calcium and dolomitic ‒ is extensively utilized as a flux in purifying steel in the basic oxygen furnace (BOF) and electric arc furnace (EAF). Quicklime is particularly effective in removing sulfur, phosphorus, and silica, and, to a lesser extent, manganese. Use of quicklime in the sintering process offers various advantages such as improvement in the binding characteristics of sinter mix, improvement in sinter strength, reduction in the volume of exhaust gases with associated advantages, and improvement in the productivity of sintering machine. Rise in demand for quicklime in the metallurgical industry is anticipated to fuel the lime market during the forecast period. Expansion of end users of steel industries, such as automotive, transportation, and nuclear plants, is boosting the production of high-grade steels. This, in turn, is propelling the usage of lime in the manufacture of steel in order to reduce impurities during production.
Rise in Applications of Quicklime
- Based on product type, the quicklime segment dominated the lime market in Europe & Middle East in 2020. The quicklime segment accounted for a major share, in terms of volume, of the lime market in the Middle East in 2020. Quicklime is employed as a chemical reagent in the production of several chemicals, including calcium carbide, sodium alkali, citric acid, cyanimide, petrochemicals, magnesia, and propylene glycol glycerin. These chemicals, in turn, are employed in the production of consumer goods such as glue, soap, sugar cube, and leather products. Quicklime operates as a neutralizer, and has alkaline properties. This helps reduce impurities while producing glass and steel. It is also employed in construction; flue gas desulfurization; and water treatment applications. Rise in usage of quicklime is driving the lime market.
- The slaked lime/hydrated lime segment also held a significant share in terms of volume, in 2020. Extensive use of hydrated lime for various applications, such as wastewater treatment, is estimated to boost the segment during the forecast period. In its hydrated state, calcium is called calcium hydroxide. It is a dry, colorless, crystalline powder manufactured by treating calcium oxide (quicklime) with water in a process called ‘slaking’. Hydrated lime is used in a wide range of applications in the production of mortars, plasters, cements, paints, hard rubber products, and petrochemicals. It is also employed in the tanning of leather.
Europe & Middle East Lime Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of lime have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the lime market in
- Europe & Middle East are Minerals Technologies Inc.
- Nordkalk Corporation
- Lhoist Group
- Emirates Lime Factory
- Saudi Lime Industries Co.
- CALES PASCUAL SL, Singleton Birch Limited
- Clogrennane Lime
- Calcis Warstein GmbH & Co. KG
- Märker Kalk GmbH
- Köhler Kalk GmbH
- Fels-Werke GmbH
Europe & Middle East Lime Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of lime, such as Minerals Technologies Inc., are focusing on capacity expansion and product innovation of lime. A few other key developments in the lime market in Europe & Middle East are highlighted below:
- In 2019, Minerals Technologies Inc.’s new precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) satellite plant became operational in Indonesia. It boosted sales of paper precipitated calcium carbonate in Asia.
- Minerals Technologies Inc. received permits for precipitated calcium carbonate satellite with 150,000 tons in China. It would be the largest plant for the company. In March 2019, Minerals Technologies Inc. increased its paper PCC capacity in India by 10% by securing two new satellites and increasing capacity by 95,000 tons.
- In the lime market in Europe & Middle East, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of Lime. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the lime market in Europe & Middle East.
Europe & Middle East Lime Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the Europe & Middle East Lime market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the Europe & Middle East Lime market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
TMR’s study on the Europe & Middle East Lime market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
Key Questions Answered in Europe & Middle East Lime Market Report
- How much revenue is the Europe & Middle East lime market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the Europe & Middle East lime market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the Europe & Middle East lime market during the forecast period?
- Which is likely to be a highly lucrative region of the Europe & Middle East lime market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the Europe & Middle East lime market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the Europe & Middle East lime market?
This report answers these questions about the Europe & Middle East lime market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Europe & Middle East Lime Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the Europe & Middle East lime market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the Europe & Middle East lime market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the Europe & Middle East Lime market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the Europe & Middle East lime market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the Europe & Middle East lime market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the Europe & Middle East lime market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Europe & Middle East Lime Market – Segmentation
This report on the Europe & Middle East Lime market segments the market based on product type, form, application, and region.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the Europe & Middle East Lime market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
The study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the Europe & Middle East Lime market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.