Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market
Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market (Coating: Water-based Coating [Dispersion], Solvent-based Coating, Wax Coating, and Extrusion Coating; Application: Packaging and Printing; and End Use: Food, Beverages, Cosmetic, Pharmaceuticals, Building & Construction, Electrical & Electronics, and Others) - Europe Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2028
Press Release :
Rise in Demand for F&B Products During Coronavirus Requires Recyclable Packaging
Food retail and eCommerce have witnessed a sudden demand for food products during the COVID-19 pandemic, which is anticipated to boost the need for recyclable flexible packaging solutions. Companies in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market have been working at breakneck speeds to meet consumer demands during the pandemic. They are tapping into future growth opportunities with the help of the barrier Nano-coating technology in flexible packaging, which has drastically reduced the thickness of plastic, contributing toward reduced plastic use.
The COVID-19 crisis has raised concerns about food security, and has brought manufacturers in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market under scrutiny of healthcare and F&B (Food & Beverage) organizations. Manufacturers are increasing the availability for solutions that offer optimum barrier for oxygen and moisture to maintain the characteristics of products.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market
Certified Hot, Cold Sealable Coatings for Paper Bolster Company Credibility
There is an increased hype for sustainable and recyclable materials in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market. However, such solutions need to undergo rigorous tests and approvals from regulatory authorities. Hence, manufacturers should increase their investments in R&D activities to innovate in sustainable and recyclable materials. For instance, Henkel is found in many talks for its hot- and cold-sealable coatings for paper that are certified for paper recycling.
Companies in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market are focusing on developing adhesives and coatings that help to improve the recyclability of paper packaging solutions whilst replacing plastic packaging.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Renewed Focus on Waste Reduction, Sustainability Boosts Market Growth
The enhancing sustainability in packaging materials has become a key focus point for stakeholders in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market. The ever-evolving consumer packaging industry is witnessing growing consciousness for sustainable solutions and is facing regulatory pressures. Hence, manufacturers are offering its product portfolio in eco-friendly, compostable, and recyclable heat seal barrier coatings that are compatible with stand-up pouch paper packaging.
The Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market is predicted to expand at a modest CAGR of 4.4% during the assessment period. Manufacturers are establishing stable revenue streams in automated form-fill seal and stand-up pouch paper packaging. Eco-friendly heat seal products are a direct response to consumer demand and government regulations for earth-friendly, compostable, and recyclable products.
Water-based Dispersions, Bio-based Materials Replace Extruded, Laminated Films
For package materials that are composed of paper, assuring that the package is resistant to moisture, oil, and grease can be potentially challenging. Companies in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market are seen to take a step further in water-based coatings for paper-based packaging to minimize the use of conventional coextruded or laminated polymeric films such as polyethylene.
Compared to an extruded polyolefin heat seal layer, a heat sealable coating made from water-based dispersions are enabling thinner coatings, less capital investment, and reduced material usage. Companies in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market have fixed their goal to minimize the use of extruded or laminated films and replace them with bio-based materials in paper and boardstock solutions.
Well-engineered Paper Packaging Reduces Reliance for Materials Based on Fossil Fuels
Manufacturers are boosting their output capacities in flexible packaging designed for recycling. Huhtamäki Oyj - a global food packaging specialist, headquartered in Espoo, Finland, is gaining recognition for its new blueloop™ paper solutions that are made from renewable raw materials and compounded with recycling capabilities. In order to gain a competitive edge in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market, companies are collaborating with sustainability experts and technical advisors to enable packaging designs for recycling.
Market understanding and experience are playing a key role in innovations in recyclable and renewable barrier coated flexible paper packaging solutions. Companies are producing well-engineered paper-based flexible packaging that reduces reliance on materials based on fossil fuels.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to rage in certain regions, increased awareness about the significance of packaged products are translating into business opportunities for companies in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market. Kemira’s FennoGuard GO is being highly publicized as an innovative barrier solution that supports the development of fully repulpable and recyclable paper & board packaging. However, controlling the moisture vapor transmission rate and achieving grease resistance can be potentially challenging for manufacturers. Hence, companies should team up with technical experts and sustainability advisors to develop well-engineered heat seal coatings that adhere to paper & paperboard, whilst achieving a circular economy.
Europe Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market for the forecast period of 2020-2028, the market is estimated to be driven by innovations and development associated with paper coatings and growing demand for ready to eat and packed food items
- The Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market is expected to expand ~1.4 times to current market value with a CAGR of 4.4% during forecast period
Printing Availability on Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Supplement Sales
- Leading brand owners from food, pharmaceutical, and electronics sectors are using printed and laminated barrier coated flexible paper packaging solutions for effective promotion of a wide range of food and non-food items. Incorporation of printing options such as digital and inkjet printing in barrier coated flexible paper packaging enable brand owners to differentiate their products from competitor’s products already available in the market.
- Furthermore, printing on barrier coated flexible paper packaging enhance the look of the product, provide required information about the food and pharmaceuticals products, and gain attention of consumer towards the product. Rising usage of such printed barrier coated flexible paper packaging by industry players to attract major portion of the customers is driving the market growth substantially.
Flourishing eCommerce Platforms Fuels Market Growth
- Europe eCommerce sector has experienced significant market growth is the past couple of years, and likely to enjoy the same in the upcoming years. Shifting inclination toward online shopping among millennials has boosted the economic growth of the eCommerce sector and uplifted the sales of paper based packaging solutions.
- Barrier coated flexible paper packaging solutions are predominantly used to pack and ship a wide range of industrial and non-industrial goods. Players operating in the eCommerce market is using this barrier coated flexible paper packaging as an effective marketing tool.
- Barrier coated flexible paper packaging is witnessing consistent demand from the eCommerce sector, as it provides exceptional resistant against spoilage, damage, and wear-and-tear. All these factors are projected to fuel the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market growth during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Solvent and Water-based Coatings Bolsters Sales
- Solvent and water-based coatings are extensively used as coatings on paper are used in specialty and consumer goods applications. These coatings can withstand high temperature, and possess better gas and moisture properties.
- Solvent and water-based coatings are relatively cost-efficient and readily available. Hence, they are used in large quantities in packaging. Moreover, these coatings, especially water-based coatings, are biodegradable, which help in reducing the impact of environmental damage. All these factors are being recognized by packaging manufacturers, which results in high production of solvent and water-based coated paper packaging solutions.
Europe Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market: Key Findings
- As per coating type, water-based coating (Dispersion) segment is anticipated to emerge as the most lucrative segment among others. The target segment is projected to hold approximately 2/4th portion of the market share by the end of 2028. Owing to its high strength barrier coating and excellent resistant against moisture, the target segment is projected to gain significant momentum during the foreseeable future.
- Based on end use, the food segment is expected to generate mammoth demand for barrier coated flexible paper packaging. The target segment is anticipated to offer total incremental opportunity of US$ ~19.2 Mn over the next five years, and likely to expand 1.1 times to its market value during the next eight years.
- Germany is expected to hold significant market share during the forecast period. Increasing manufacturing activities and expanding food industry are driving this growth. Furthermore, lucrative growth opportunities for key players are expected in France and the U.K. These markets are forecast to create cumulative incremental opportunity of US$ 24.9 Mn by the end of 2028.
- Barrier coated flexible paper is mostly preferred in packaging application over printing. Therefore, this segment is expected to increase at a growth rate of 3.8% during the forecast period.
Europe Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market is highly competitive, owing to new startups and entry of local players. This completion among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the company over the past five years.
- The recent study on the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market includes profiles of players such as
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj
- Mitsubishi Paper Mills Limited
- WestRock Company
- Billerudkorsnas AB.
- International Paper Company
- Graphic Packaging International
- BASF SE
- Dow Chemical Company
- UPM-Kymmene Oyj.
- Sappi Ltd
- Stora Enso Oyj.
- Mondi Plc
- Gascogne Group
- MetPro Group
- PG Paper Company Ltd.
- Feldmuehle GmbH
- Nordic Paper AS, etc.
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, BASF SE, Dow Chemical Company, UPM-Kymmene Oyj., Sappi Ltd, and Stora Enso Oyj are identified as Tier 1 players in barrier coated flexible paper packaging market. Tier 2 players are Mondi Plc., Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd, Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, Mitsubishi Paper Mills Limited, WestRock Company and Billerudkorsnas AB. Tier 3 players are Solenis, Graphic Packaging International, Gascogne Group, and MetPro Group.
COVID-19 Pandemic to Hinder Market Growth Considerably
- The short-term impact of the novel COVID-19 can be witnessed through shortage of raw material and disturbed supply chains in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market. A negative impact of COVID-19 is also witnessed on the paper & pulp industry in almost all countries of Europe. The unfavorable market conditions due to the spread of COVID-19 also hampered the demand for paper-based packaging, including barrier coated flexible paper packaging solutions.
- Furthermore, with the changing COVID-19 situation, instead of having dine-in facilities in hotels and restaurants, consumers are preferring packed food. Therefore, in order to maintain food safety and hygiene of the inside product, the demand for barrier coated flexible paper packaging increased to a certain extent. However, a negative Y-o-Y growth of nearly 2% is estimated due to non-availability of resources and restrictions on transportation modes. In the post COVID-19 phase, the demand for barrier coated flexible paper is expected to increase up to 5.4% attributing to consistently rising demand from pharmaceuticals and food industries.
Europe Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market providing forecast for the period of 2020-2028. In the study, growth opportunity for the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Europe Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market Report
- What will be market size of barrier coated flexible paper packaging by the end of 2028?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market?
- Which is the most preferred coating for manufacturing barrier coated flexible paper packaging in Europe?
- Which region will be most lucrative for market growth?
- Which end use segment holds maximum share of the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market?
- Who are major key players in the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market?
Key indicators associated with the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes raw material suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the Europe market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of barrier coated flexible paper packaging. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market are provided on the coating type, application, end use, and country.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The barrier coated flexible paper packaging market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of barrier coated flexible paper packaging manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end uses for barrier coated flexible paper packaging.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market report include BASF SE, Dow Chemical Company, UPM-Kymmene Oyj., Sappi Ltd, Stora Enso Oyj., Mondi Plc., Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd, Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, Mitsubishi Paper Mills Limited, WestRock Company, Billerudkorsnas AB., Solenis, International Paper Company, Graphic Packaging International, Gascogne Group, MetPro Group, PG Paper Company Ltd., Feldmuehle GmbH, and Nordic Paper AS, among others.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the barrier coated flexible paper packaging market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Europe Barrier Coated Flexible Paper Packaging Market – Segmentation
The Europe barrier coated flexible paper packaging market has been divided on the basis of coating type, application, end use, and country. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.