COVID-19 Impact on Ethyl Heptanoate Market
- COVID-19 outbreak hindered the demand for ethyl heptanoate in several applications. Governments of various countries across the globe enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This resulted in slowdown and even halt in manufacturing operations, thus hampering the demand for ethyl heptanoate.
- One of the major end-use industries of the ethyl heptanoate market is the oil drying industry. Aroma agents and food flavouring industries are major end-users of oil drying industry. These industries were majorly hit due to COVID-19 lockdowns. This created a gap in the supply and demand for ethyl heptanoate, thereby restricting its market.
- The COVID-19 outbreak directly affected the production and demand for ethyl heptanoate. Key players operating in the market are located in Asia Pacific and U.S., and these regions had large number of COVID-19 Infections leading to long lockdowns. This hampered the supply of ethyl heptanoate.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Ethyl Heptanoate Market
- Expansion of the chemical industry and key players’ focus on R&D are driving the demand for ethyl heptanoate. Increase in investment in ethyl heptanoate is also a key factor driving the global ethyl heptanoate market.
- Advancement in cosmetic field has had a positive impact on the ethyl heptanoate market. Besides this, technological advancement and innovations in the pharmaceutical industry such as inventions of new drugs have fuelled the demand for ethyl heptanoate.
- Increase in demand for industrial chemical synthesis associated with polymerization as well as oxidation reaction as ‘oil drying agents’ is likely to propel the demand for ethyl heptanoate across the globe
- Lack of availability of raw materials may slow down the growth of the market. Besides this, high cost may hamper the market.
Ethyl Heptanoate: End-use Segment
- Based on end-use, the ethyl heptanoate market can be segmented into medical, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, chemical, and others
- Ethyl heptanoate is used in the industrial chemical synthesis of drugs in oil drying agents. Propyl hexanoate is used in cosmetic products because of its rancid flavor. It is also used in various flavor industries due to its odor, which is similar to that of grapes.
- It is also used in cosmetics applications for floral, fruit, as well as wine flavors. It is used in the synthesis or preparation of spices, which act as the main ingredient in perfume, by mixing natural essential oils and molecules.
- Ethyl enanthate is used as food flavoring agent in the preparation of strawberry, grape, cherry, banana, apricot, cream, cheese, peach, and some other food flavors
North America to Dominate Ethyl Heptanoate Market
- In terms of region, the ethyl heptanoate market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The global market has expanded significantly over the past two decades. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period. North America holds significant share of the global market. Rise in population, growth in cosmetics and chemical sectors, technological advancements, and changes in lifestyle are projected to boost the market in North America during the forecast period. Growth in the chemical industry in the U.S. and Canada is likely to create lucrative opportunities for the ethyl heptanoate market in North America.
- High demand for ethyl heptanoate in the food flavoring sector in Asia Pacific is driving the market in the region
- The market for ethyl heptanoate in Europe is driven by increase in the demand for ethyl heptanoate in cosmetic applications in the region
- The ethyl heptanoate market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the recent economic growth in these regions. Growth in demand for ethyl heptanoate in the flavoring agent industry is likely to fuel the demand for ethyl heptanoate in Middle East & Africa.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Ethyl Heptanoate Market
The ethyl heptanoate market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the ethyl heptanoate market include:
- Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp.
- Quzhou Mingfeng Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Aurora Fine Chemicals
- 2016 Meyer Organics Pvt. Ltd
- Amadis Chemical Company Limited
- ORCHID CHEMICAL SUPPLIES LTD
- Shanghai Maochang Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Yancheng Hongtai Bioengineering Co. Ltd
Ethyl Heptanoate Market: Research Scope
Ethyl Heptanoate Market, by Type
- Propyl Hexanoate
- Hydroxyprogesterone Heptanoate
Ethyl Heptanoate Market, by End-use
- Oil Drying Agents
- Cosmetics Products
- Food Flavoring Agents
- Aroma Agents
Global Ethyl Heptanoate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Ethyl Heptanoate: Introduction
- Heptanoic acid, also named as enanthic acid, is an organic compound composed of seven carbon chain terminating in carboxylic acid. It is a major contributor to the odor of some rancid oils.
- Major ethyl heptanoates include propyl hexanoate, hydroxyprogesterone heptanoate, and estrapronicate, which is also called estradiol nicotinate propionate
- Ethyl heptanoate is used in the flavor industry, as its odor is similar to that of grapes. Its substituents are also used in cosmetic products such as eyeliners.
- Heptanoic acid is less soluble in water, but very much soluble in ethanol and ether. It helps in providing rancid odor.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.