Epsom salts is originally discovered in “Epsom” a town in England, but now it is commercially produced across the world. Epsom salts are the polyatomic ionic compound commonly known as bath salts. The manufacturing of Epsom salts includes magnesium carbonate and sulfuric acid. When magnesium carbonate dissolves in sulfuric acid, it gives magnesium sulfate heptahydrate commonly known as Epsom salts. Magnesium sulfate heptahydrate is bonded with seven water molecules. These water molecules are loosely bonded with magnesium sulfate and when heated at 250 degree Celsius these water molecules get separate which gives anhydrous magnesium sulfate or anhydrous Epsom salts. Both hydrous and anhydrous form of Epsom salts is commercially produced. Growing consumer’s health awareness is expected to boost the demand for the Epsom salts during the forecast period.
Medicinal Benefits of Epsom Salts
Epsom salts have both external and internal medicinal uses. Epsom salts can be applied to the skin by making a paste, and it can also be consumed by diluting in water. Epsom salts act as a laxative to relieve constipation, and it also detoxes the liver. The benefits of Epsom salts as external medicine include stress relief and sound sleep, increase energy and strengthen bones, improve nervous system and cardiovascular health, exfoliates and cleanses the skin and clogged pores, helps combat acne, helps oily hair and helps remove dandruff. Bathing in Epsom salts has shown an increase in magnesium level of the body which helps us to regulate many enzymes and bodily functions such as energy production, muscle and nerve function, reduction of inflammation, elimination of toxins, and maintenance of heart and circulatory health. Bound to these factors, it is expected that the demand for Epsom salts would be high in the near future.
Global Epsom Salts: Market Segmentation
On the basis of application, the global Epsom salts market has been segmented as-
On the basis of packaging, the global Epsom salts market has been segmented as-
- Plastic Bags
- Paper Boxes
- PET Bottles
- Glass Bottles
On the basis of grade, the global Epsom salts market has been segmented as-
- FCC Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Technical Grade
On the basis of distribute channel, the global Epsom salts market has been segmented as-
- Store Based Retailing
- Pharmaceutical and Drug Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retailing
Global Epsom Salts: Key Players
Some of the global key manufacturers and suppliers of Epsom salts are SaltWorks, Inc., K+S KALI GmbH, Esentiel, SAN FRANCISCO SALT COMPANY, Nutritional Supplement Manufacturers, Inc., The Chemical Company, Tomita Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., S D Fine-Chem Limited, Jost Chemical Co., MACCO Organiques, s.r.o., PQ Corporation, OLIN CHEMICAL CORP. More industrialists and manufacturers are showing a keen interest in the Epsom salts as the demand for the product is growing among the consumers globally.
Opportunities for Market Participants:
The globally growing consumer health awareness is expected to boost the demand for Epsom salts market as it is used to heal various ailments. As constipation has become a common problem, everyone wants to get rid of it. Hence Epsom salts manufacturers should advertise the product by targeting constipation patients as it acts as a laxative to relieve occasional constipation. Also, the new players who are going to invest in the market should focus on the hydrous Epsom salts as the demand for hydrous Epsom salts is expected to boost in pharmaceutical grade to make drugs for liver detoxification. By considering the above factors, it is expected that the Epsom salts market will grow positive during the forecast period.
- Most of the big companies are providing only FCC grade of Epsom salts. Hence, there is a huge opportunity for small and new players in this market to grow their business by providing the pharmaceutical and technical grade. As the demand for the technical grade of Epsom salts in agriculture and gardening is growing due to its benefits such as, it makes grass greener and, also bigger, better, and more production of crops has shown by using Epsom salts.
The Epson salts market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the Epson salts market, including but not limited to: regional markets, applications, packaging, grade, and distribution channel.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Epson salts market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The Epson salts market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the Epson salts market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Epson salts market report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the Epson salts market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the Epson salts market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.