EPS Foam Containers Market: Overview
EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) Foam Containers are used across the world for packaging of food, CD & DVD, meat and egg trays. Foam containers are made up of Expanded Polystyrene, also known as Beadboard which is rigid plastic foam with a closed cell structure. High demand for lightweight protective packaging solutions which are convenient to handle is expected to be one of the key drivers for the growth of EPS foam containers market. Low thermal conductivity, Moisture resistance are key properties of EPS Foam containers which are highly desired in food packaging. Foam container prevents leakage of liquid items food which increases its importance in the foodservice market. The global foodservice market to grow at a CAGR above 5% during the period 2017-2021. Innovative packaging is trending factor in the foodservice market. EPS Foam food packaging service is helpful to minimize foodborne illness as compared to other alternatives uses in food packaging sectors. The demand for EPS foam containers is expected to grow during the forecast period, on the backdrop of rising demand for economical and lightweight containers
EPS Foam Containers Market: Dynamics
Use of EPS foam containers market in food packaging services has increased in the past few years. During 2017-2022, global food market is expected to grow at a CAGR of above 8% to reach a market size of over $500 Billion, which can also help to increase market of EPS foam containers. EPS Food Container are used in restaurant, meat container in malls, coffee mugs, carry food from stalls, to serve take-out foods which increase the importance of EPS foam containers. It is also used as a fish container because of superior insulation property. EPS packaging industry has been projected to grow 5% in CAGR during 2016-2025. Environmental concerns regarding polystyrene foam are expected to hamper the growth of the market. New York and several other cities in US have completely or partially banned EPS Foam. The competition in the market is expected to increase during the next ten years with the rise in use of biodegradable plastics.
EPS Foam Containers Market: Segmentation
EPS foam containers market can be segmented by product type, by application, by the distribution channel.
By product type, the EPS foam containers market has been segmented into,
- Hinged lid EPS foam containers
- Open Cell EPS foam containers
By End Use type, the EPS foam containers market has been segmented into,
- Bakery products
- Meat and eggs (Poultry)
EPS Foam Containers Market: Geographical Analysis
The global EPS Foam Containers market has been divided into seven regions –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Asia Pacific region is the main consumer of EPS foam containers accounts for nearly 48% in the global market. After that Europe is the second largest consumer of EPS foam containers which shares more than North America. However, India and China as developing countries have growing need for EPS foam containers. Others regions like Latin America, Africa also consumes EPS foam containers and need also grows year to year. EPS Foam containers market having more growth in seafood processing countries because of seafood exports and maintaining freshness. The EPS foam containers market in Japan is expected to grow, fueled by factors such as growing seafood market.
EPS Foam Containers Market: Key Players
Alpek, Kaneka Cooperation, Synthos Chemical Innovations, Dabo Precision Co., Nuova Idropress, Atlas EPS, KBM, BASF SE, ACH Foam Technologies, LLC, SUNPOR KUNSTSTOFF GmbH are the key manufacturer in EPS foam containers market.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.