Environmental Control System (ECS) Market: Overview
- Environmental Control System (ECS) performs a significant number of tasks including pressurizing and ventilating the cabin; and controlling the pressure and temperature onboard in aircraft. The ECS toolkit allows performance analysis and dynamic simulation of the ECS and other pneumatic systems of the aircraft.
- Different sub-systems such as air-cooling unit, bleed system, or control systems can be quickly modeled and simulated. A user can easily customize the cabin model, in terms of number of zones and nodes as well as distribution of passengers in the cabin. ECS in combination with ECLSS toolkit can also be used for simulating different treatment processes of recirculated air in order to reduce the amount of fresh air required.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Environmental Control System (ECS) Market
- The commercial aviation industry has been expanding significantly over the past decade. Airlines in developed as well as developing countries are increasingly ordering a number of aircraft to meet the constantly rising demand for air travel. The need for air travel is increasing significantly led by the continuously rising disposable income of consumers in developing and developed regions across the globe. Commercial air traffic is anticipated to maintain a constant growth rate over the next few years, despite different challenges such as rising aviation fuel costs and technical faults.
- Globally, the maximum revenue generating region is anticipated to be Asia Pacific owing to the rising passenger count in China, India, Indonesia, and Japan. China and India are anticipated to account for about 44% of the global air passenger trips in the near future. However, existing backlogs in aircraft deliveries is a major restraint of the ECS market.
Global Environmental Control System (ECS) Market: Segmentation
- The global ECS market can be segmented based on end-user, platform type, and system
- Based on end-user, the global ECS market can be segmented into defense and commercial. The defense segment is projected to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period owing to significant investments being made by the U.S. Defense to improve its battlefield capabilities.
- Based on platform type, the global ECS market can be divided into fixed wing and rotary wing. The fixed wing segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Based on system, the global ECS market can be classified into air supply & management system, thermal management & control system, and cabin pressure & control system. The thermal management & control system segment is estimated to lead the ECS market during the forecast period. Rise in demand for these systems can be ascribed to the increasing amount of heat loads from various avionics functionalities, ECS architecture, and high-temperature sensitivity of composite material systems vis-à-vis traditional metallic designs.
Global Environmental Control System (ECS) Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global ECS market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The ECS market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a faster pace during the forecast period driven by the increasing air passenger traffic in the region. Rise in disposable income of the people and growth in air passenger traffic have boosted the demand for new aircraft in the region. In turn, this is fueling the demand for ECS.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Environmental Control System (ECS) Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the global ECS market. According to IATA, international passenger demand stood at 75.6% in 2020, i.e. below the 2019 level. Capacity (measured in available seat kilometers or ASKs) declined by 68.1% and load factor fell by 19.2 percentage points to 62.8%. However, rise in demand for commercial airlines after the lifting of lockdowns in different countries across the globe promises market recovery in the short term.
Key Players in Market
The ECS market is consolidated, with companies focusing on integrating advanced technologies to increase their market share. Companies are offering a complete portfolio of products. They are focusing on various business strategies to strengthen their position in the market.
Key players operating in the global market are:
- Liebherr International
- Honeywell International
- Curtiss Wright Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation
- Mecaer Aviation Group
- Jormac Aerospace
- PBS Velka Bites
- Aero Space Controls Corporation
- Fimac Spa
- Air Innovations
Global Environmental Control System (ECS) Market: Research Scope
Global Environmental Control System (ECS) Market, by End-user
Global Environmental Control System (ECS) Market, by Platform Type
- Fixed Wing
- Rotary Wing
Global Environmental Control System (ECS) Market, by System
- Air Supply & Management System
- Thermal Management & Control System
- Cabin Pressure & Control System
Global Environmental Control System (ECS) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.