Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market: Overview
- Engineered coated fabric is a blend of technical fibers or textiles that is coated with different polymers such as fiberglass, polyamide, or polyester. The selection of coating material and fabric depends on the requirement of the end-use application. Engineered coated fabrics are technically coated and manufactured by using modified fabric manufacturing techniques. They are used in unconventional engineering applications.
- Engineered coated fabrics include industrial textiles, braided items, 2-D fabrics, 3-D fabrics, belts, aerospace automotive textiles, and high-performance textiles
- These fabrics are widely used in technically advanced high-end applications such as train bellows, aerostats, fuel storages, air bags, evacuation slides, gaskets, seals, machine clothing, upholstery, hospital seats, and medical accessories. Engineered coated fabrics are usually customized according to requirements of customers.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market
- The global engineered coated fabrics market is anticipated to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period
- Expanding automotive and aerospace & defense industries and rising demand for lightweight products are key driving factors for the global engineered coated fabrics market
- Ongoing research and development activities to develop high-performance applications and advanced technologies are augmenting the demand for engineered coated fabrics in various applications
- Rapid urbanization and industrialization in developing economies is expected to drive the transportation industry. This, in turn, is likely to drive the demand for engineered coated fabrics in these economies during the forecast period.
- Increasing sales of automobiles and rising demand for protective clothing in industrial applications are boosting the demand for engineered coated fabrics
- Engineered coated fabrics require quality check as well as legal documentation of processes and parts before their application in end-use industries. The documentation and quality check is a time-consuming process. Increasing government regulations and growing safety concerns related to materials may hamper the demand for engineered coated fabrics in the near future.
Hot-melt Process Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on process type, the global engineered coated fabrics market can be divided into calendaring, hot-melt, knife, and others
- Among process types, the calendaring segment holds a major market share. Calendaring is highly preferred for processing of rubber-based fabrics and it is considered an ideal process for handling heat-sensitive polymers.
- The hot-melt process segment is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributable to increasing preference for the hot-melt process, as it requires low processing time.
Fiberglass the Most Preferred Substrate Type
- Based on substrate type, the global engineered coated fabrics market can be divided into polyester, aramid, fiberglass, polyamide, and others
- Fiberglass is anticipated to be the dominant segment of the global engineered coated fabrics market during the forecast period, followed by polyester, aramid, and polyamide segments, respectively
- Fiberglass is a highly preferred substrate for engineered coated fabrics due to its high-tensile strength and excellent heat and flame resistance property
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Significant Growth Opportunity in Aerospace & Defense End-use Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the global engineered coated fabrics market can be divided into aerospace & defense, automotive, marine, oil & gas, and others
- Automotive is anticipated to be the dominant segment of the global engineered coated fabrics market, followed by the aerospace & defense segment, during the forecast period
- The aerospace & defense segment is estimated to expand at the maximum rate during the forecast period
North America to be a Key Market for Engineered Coated Fabrics
- In terms of region, the global engineered coated fabrics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to be the leading market for engineered coated fabrics during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to presence of major manufacturers of engineered coated fabrics and steady growth of aerospace & defense and automotive industries in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the maximum growth rate during the forecast period. The market in the region is driven by growing aerospace & defense industry in the region, led by rising passenger traffic and increasing automobile production. China and Japan are likely to remain major markets for engineered coated fabrics in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market
The global engineered coated fabrics market is dominated by a few major players. It was fragmented in 2018. Expansion, new product launches, partnerships, and development of new technologies are key strategies adopted by major players to gain higher market share in the global engineered coated fabrics market.
Key manufacturers operating in the global engineered coated fabrics market are:
- Omnova Solutions Inc.
- Trelleborg AB
- Uniroyal Global Engineered Products Inc.
- Vintex Inc.
- Fothergill Group
- Graniteville Specialty Fabrics Inc.
- Lamcotec Inc.
- Orca, by Pennel & Flipo
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market: Research Scope
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market, by Process Type
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market, by Substrate Type
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Oil & Gas
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.