Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market: Overview
- Engineered coated fabric is a blend of technical fibers or textiles that is coated with different polymers such as fiberglass, polyamide, or polyester. The selection of coating material and fabric depends on the requirement of the end-use application. Engineered coated fabrics are technically coated and manufactured by using modified fabric manufacturing techniques. They are used in unconventional engineering applications.
- Engineered coated fabrics include industrial textiles, braided items, 2-D fabrics, 3-D fabrics, belts, aerospace automotive textiles, and high-performance textiles
- These fabrics are widely used in technically advanced high-end applications such as train bellows, aerostats, fuel storages, air bags, evacuation slides, gaskets, seals, machine clothing, upholstery, hospital seats, and medical accessories. Engineered coated fabrics are usually customized according to requirements of customers.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market
- The global engineered coated fabrics market is anticipated to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period
- Expanding automotive and aerospace & defense industries and rising demand for lightweight products are key driving factors for the global engineered coated fabrics market
- Ongoing research and development activities to develop high-performance applications and advanced technologies are augmenting the demand for engineered coated fabrics in various applications
- Rapid urbanization and industrialization in developing economies is expected to drive the transportation industry. This, in turn, is likely to drive the demand for engineered coated fabrics in these economies during the forecast period.
- Increasing sales of automobiles and rising demand for protective clothing in industrial applications are boosting the demand for engineered coated fabrics
- Engineered coated fabrics require quality check as well as legal documentation of processes and parts before their application in end-use industries. The documentation and quality check is a time-consuming process. Increasing government regulations and growing safety concerns related to materials may hamper the demand for engineered coated fabrics in the near future.
Hot-melt Process Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on process type, the global engineered coated fabrics market can be divided into calendaring, hot-melt, knife, and others
- Among process types, the calendaring segment holds a major market share. Calendaring is highly preferred for processing of rubber-based fabrics and it is considered an ideal process for handling heat-sensitive polymers.
- The hot-melt process segment is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributable to increasing preference for the hot-melt process, as it requires low processing time.
Fiberglass the Most Preferred Substrate Type
- Based on substrate type, the global engineered coated fabrics market can be divided into polyester, aramid, fiberglass, polyamide, and others
- Fiberglass is anticipated to be the dominant segment of the global engineered coated fabrics market during the forecast period, followed by polyester, aramid, and polyamide segments, respectively
- Fiberglass is a highly preferred substrate for engineered coated fabrics due to its high-tensile strength and excellent heat and flame resistance property
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Significant Growth Opportunity in Aerospace & Defense End-use Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the global engineered coated fabrics market can be divided into aerospace & defense, automotive, marine, oil & gas, and others
- Automotive is anticipated to be the dominant segment of the global engineered coated fabrics market, followed by the aerospace & defense segment, during the forecast period
- The aerospace & defense segment is estimated to expand at the maximum rate during the forecast period
North America to be a Key Market for Engineered Coated Fabrics
- In terms of region, the global engineered coated fabrics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to be the leading market for engineered coated fabrics during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to presence of major manufacturers of engineered coated fabrics and steady growth of aerospace & defense and automotive industries in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the maximum growth rate during the forecast period. The market in the region is driven by growing aerospace & defense industry in the region, led by rising passenger traffic and increasing automobile production. China and Japan are likely to remain major markets for engineered coated fabrics in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market
The global engineered coated fabrics market is dominated by a few major players. It was fragmented in 2018. Expansion, new product launches, partnerships, and development of new technologies are key strategies adopted by major players to gain higher market share in the global engineered coated fabrics market.
Key manufacturers operating in the global engineered coated fabrics market are:
- Omnova Solutions Inc.
- Trelleborg AB
- Uniroyal Global Engineered Products Inc.
- Vintex Inc.
- Fothergill Group
- Graniteville Specialty Fabrics Inc.
- Lamcotec Inc.
- Orca, by Pennel & Flipo
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market: Research Scope
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market, by Process Type
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market, by Substrate Type
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Oil & Gas
Global Engineered Coated Fabrics Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.