Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market: Introduction
- Increase in demand for fuel-efficient vehicles prompted by the enactment of stringent emission norms and regulations by government authorities and regulatory bodies across the globe is anticipated to drive the global engine cylinder deactivation market
- Vehicle emission is a major contributor to the increase in air pollution and causes climate change across the globe. Therefore, post signing of the Paris Agreement in 2016, various governments have enacted stringent regulations on the auto industry, which is prompting automakers to innovate advanced solutions to curb vehicle emission and consequently, reduce its impact on air pollution. This is a key factor driving developments in vehicle engine technology and subsequently, driving the global engine cylinder deactivation market.
Key Drivers of Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market
- Rise in preference toward vehicles with enhanced power is anticipated to drive the global engine cylinder deactivation market. Engines with more cylinders deliver more power. These engines are fitted with a cylinder deactivation system to facilitate the deactivation of a few cylinders while the engine is operating. This, in turn, helps decrease fuel consumption and improve fuel-efficiency on long roads or highways; consequently, reducing vehicle emissions.
- Technological advancements aimed at improving vehicle efficiency are expected to boost the global engine cylinder deactivation market. For instance, adoption of the overhead CAM design method in engines is rising, as compared to the pushrod design, due to several advantages offered by the technology, such as high performance and increased fuel economy, better airflow that can be used to expand the operating range of high-speed engines. This is expected to propel the global engine cylinder deactivation market.
- Rise in per capita income indicates an increase in the purchasing capacity of the population in the respective region. This, in turn, is propelling the trend of owning a vehicle among the population, thereby fueling sales of vehicles across the globe and consequently, propelling the global engine cylinder deactivation market.
- However, disruptions in supply chain catering to the automobile industry, owing to shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities caused by the coronavirus pandemic across the world, is estimated to contract the market in 2020-2021. Consequently, the coronavirus pandemic has hampered the global engine cylinder deactivation market.
- The market is anticipated to recover by increasing production volume of vehicle components as well as vehicles in 2021. This, in turn, is projected to offer lucrative opportunity to players operating in the supply chain of the engine cylinder deactivation market during the forecast period.
Corona Impact on Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a majority of businesses across the globe to crumble owing to the forced shutdown of production and manufacturing activities. This has led the global economy to contract to its lowest growth rate.
- Disruption in supply chain attributing to stoppage of transportation and shipping services and reduced demand for vehicles across the globe is likely to cause the global automotive industry to contract in during the coronavirus pandemic. Additionally, the worldwide fear and panic caused by the second wave of coronavirus spread in early 2021 have caused countries, such as India, to reissue an order of forced lockdown. Therefore, consumers are expected to withhold their vehicle buying decisions in early 2021. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the growth of the engine cylinder deactivation market in 2021.
- However, various countries worldwide have announced several aggressive monetary policies, which are being enforced since Q3 of year 2020 in order recover from economic losses caused by the corona pandemic. Therefore, in light of aggressive monetary policies boosting economic stability, the engine cylinder deactivation market is also expected to recover in 2021.
Asia Pacific region to account for prominent share of global engine cylinder deactivation market
- In terms of region, the global engine cylinder deactivation market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific has presence of strong economies including China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Expansion of the e-commerce industry coupled with presence of well-established supply chain network catering to the shipbuilding industry, automobile production, and heavy machinery manufacturing is boosting the demand for vehicles. This, in turn, is expected to drive the engine cylinder deactivation market in the region.
- Presence of numerous automotive manufacturers and automakers in the regions is another factor contributing to the major share held by Asia Pacific in the global engine cylinder deactivation market
Key Players Operating in Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market
The global engine cylinder deactivation market is concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global engine cylinder deactivation market are:
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd.
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Continental AG
- Delphi Technologies
- Denso Corporation
- Gates Corporation
- Hilite International
- Hyundai Kefico Corporation
- Mikuni Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Pmg Holding GmbH
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Schaeffler AG
- Tenneco Inc.
- Tula Technology, Inc.
- Valeo SA
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Global Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market: Research Scope
Global Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicles
Global Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market, by Fuel Type
Global Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market, by Valve Actuation Method
- Overhead CAM Design
- Pushrod Design
Global Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market, by Number of Cylinders
- Up to 6
- 6 and Above
Global Engine Cylinder Deactivation Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Countries
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.