Global Energy Storage Systems for Drones Market: Overview
A drone is an unmanned aircraft/vehicle. It is also known as unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) or unmanned aircraft system (UAS). In simpler terms, a drone is a flying robot. The aircraft can either be remotely controlled or fly autonomously by using software-controlled flight plans existing in their embedded systems working in conjunction with onboard sensors and the GPS. Multi-rotor drones are the most commonly used drones, due to their high level of maneuverability. In order to optimize the performance of UAVs, operators need to select the correct energy system. In drones, efficient batteries, chargers, starters, and backup batteries are utilized in order to guarantee high performance, reliability, and extended life. Battery-powered aerial vehicles or drones are already in use for various functions of military intelligence as well as for commercial, recreational, scientific, surveillance and agricultural applications.
Availability of unmanned aerial systems (drones) is rising significantly in both defense and civilian sectors. Sale of drones is an important indicator of the demand for and popularity of drones in the public sector, commercial enterprises, and the government. Drones are being increasingly used for various purposes ranging from hobby to commercial and military. The military sector accounts for the maximum demand for drones. It is followed by the hobbyist/consumer sector and then, the commercial sector. Since the global economic crisis of 2007, the energy industry has undergone significant transformation. The energy industry has adopted a range of new technologies such as technologies related to energy storage in drones. New-generation batteries can power aerial drones in a better manner. Researchers at Oxis Energy, a company based in the U.K., are developing batteries with a combination of lithium and sulfur, which can store nearly twice the amount of energy per kilogram as the lithium-ion batteries used in electric cars currently. The normal batteries do not last very long, conking out after 100 or so charging cycles. However, the company hopes that for applications such as aerial drones, submersibles, and power packs, weight would matter more than price or longevity.
Global Energy Storage Systems for Drones Market: Key Segments
The global energy storage systems for drones market can be segmented based on drone type, energy storage type, application, and region. In terms of drone type, the energy storage systems for drones market can be divided into multi-rotor, fixed-wing, and hybrid. In terms of energy storage, the energy storage systems for drones market can be classified into battery and fuel cell. The battery segment can be sub-divided into lithium-ion battery and others. In terms of application, the energy storage systems for drones market can be segregated into oil & gas, renewable, mining, and others.
Global Energy Storage Systems for Drones Market: Regional Outlook
Based on geography, the global energy storage systems for drones market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middles East & Africa. Asia Pacific dominates the global Energy Storage Systems for Drones Market. Countries in Europe are early adopters of the drone technology. A majority of drones in North America and Europe are being operated to capture images for mining, wind, and oil & gas industries, in particular. North America and Middle East & Africa have witnessed adoption of drone surveillance services most commonly by the oil & gas sector. Regulations is also a key to develop new applications of the drone technology. In countries of ASEAN such as Indonesia, drones are being used for stringing power lines across valleys. In certain cases, as in the oil & gas industry, drones are also employed to inspect tanks and other enclosed spaces. This is expected to augment the demand for energy storage systems for drones, especially lithium-ion batteries.
Global Energy Storage Systems for Drones Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global energy storage systems for drones market include SolidEnergy Systems, Oxis Energy, Ballard Power Systems, Amperex Technology Limited, and Kokam.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.