Encapsulated O-rings: Introduction
- Encapsulated O-rings are specially developed seals consisting of a uniform PTFE FEP/PFA jacket, which completely encloses a core material Viton fluoroelastomer (FKM) or silicone
- Encapsulated O-rings are available in two different types of core: solid core and hollow core. These are designed for different applications. Solid core rings are usually preferred owing to their excellent resistance to compression set and good recovery characteristics. Hollow core contains a circular gap within its structure in order to provide effective sealing for situations where a more flexible, easier-to-squeeze O-ring is needed.
- Encapsulated O-rings core material can be made up of silicone, stainless steel spring, or FKM core. FKM core offers better chemicals and compression set resistance in comparison to silicone core, thus resulting in longer lasting sealing in some applications. However, at a colder temperature, silicone core would be recommended as silicone stays flexible at the lowest temperatures of all elastomers, without noticeable change in its properties.
- Manufacturers employ FEP (fluorinated ethylene propylene) or PFA (Perfluoroalkoxycopolymer) outer jacket materials to cover the FKM/silicone/EPDM/stainless steel spring core material. FEP has low coefficient of friction & compression set and can resist chemicals. However, in comparison to PFA material, FEP exhibits lower mechanical strength and operates at a temperature range of -60 °C to +205 °C. PFA material can resist a wide range of corrosive chemicals such as alcohol, naphtha, acid, petroleum, and aromatic solvents. PFA jacket material can operate at a temperature range of -60 °C to +260 °C. Service life of FEP is slightly shorter as compared to PFA. FEP are generally lower in cost too.
Key Drivers of Encapsulated O-rings Market
- Encapsulated O-rings are used as sealing materials for high pressure applications in chemical, pharmaceutical, and other end-use industries. Demand for encapsulated O-rings has been rising due to the skyrocketing pace of advancement in the pharmaceutical industry. It has lately come to light that the chemical industry is among the largest industrial consumers of encapsulated O-rings across the world. Use of hostile chemicals or extreme temperature can damage traditional rubber O-Ring seals. This makes sealing process very difficult. Encapsulated O-rings are used to provide highly effective and long lasting seal to counter the growing issue of sealing in the most hostile chemical and temperature environments. This is also expected to propel the demand for encapsulated O-rings in the next few years.
- Encapsulated O-rings are also used in the field of petrochemicals. In addition to the resistance to aggressive chemicals, encapsulated O-rings must withstand high temperatures and pressures. During steam cracking process, temperature continues to rise at a level of 800°C. The real challenge for encapsulated O-rings arises when temperature suddenly changes owing to subsequent cooling of the gas. Encapsulated O-rings can easily withstand these temperature changes and increase in pressure during the compression of the cracking gas. Thus, they are ideal for usage as sealing materials.
Key Restraint of Encapsulated O-rings Market
- Encapsulated O-rings have certain limitations that can hamper the market. For instance, the outer jacket material of O-rings is susceptible to scratching. Hence, it is not recommended to use in applications containing abrasive slurries or powders. Encapsulated O-rings are also ideal for static applications or slow moving rotary applications. However, they are not suitable for highly dynamic systems. This can hamper the encapsulated O-rings market.
Covid-19 Impact on Encapsulated O-rings Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted end-use industries of encapsulated O-rings. Chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, and automotive are among the worst-hit industries by the pandemic. On the other hand, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries have been experiencing the least impact of the pandemic.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Encapsulated O-rings Market
- In terms of region, the global encapsulated O-rings market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The encapsulated O-rings market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to growth in the manufacturing industry in countries such as India and Vietnam
- The market in Europe and North America is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace in the next few years owing to higher manufacturing cost, while the market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is driven by recent economic developments and rise in investments in chemical, petrochemicals and pharmaceutical industries
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global encapsulated O-rings market include:
- Daemar Inc.
- ERIKS NV
- Freudenberg Group
- James Walker Group Ltd.
- M-Cor Inc.
- Monroe Engineering Products
- Northern Engineering (Sheffield) Ltd.
- ROW, INC.
- Trelleborg AB
- Vulcan Engineering Limited.
Global Encapsulated O-rings Market: Research Scope
Global Encapsulated O-rings Market, by Structure
- Solid Core
- Hollow Core
Global Encapsulated O-rings Market, by Jacket Material
- Perfluoroalkoxycopolymer (PFA)
- Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
Global Encapsulated O-rings Market, by Core Material
- FKM (fluorocarbon)
- Stainless Steel Spring
- Others (EPDM etc.)
Global Encapsulated O-rings Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
Global Encapsulated O-rings Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.