Embedded computing ecosystem is a combination of embedded software and hardware components that are designed and developed to perform explicit dedicated functions in an electronic machine or device. The software and hardware are two significant parts of any embedded computing ecosystem and are triggered by a set of commands called protocol or a program to perform specific operations. Microprocessors (MPUs), microcontrollers (MCUs), or other custom designed integrated chips along with supporting software in Read Only Memory are essential for working of embedded computing systems. These systems have diverse features such as low power consumption, accuracy, high speed, reusability, adaptability, size, and reliability. Some of the other component elements in an embedded computing ecosystem also include input/output devices, interfaces memory, display and others. In general, it includes power supply, storage, system application circuits, timers, and serial communication parts. Embedded computing systems are mainly used to monitor, control, or perform a particular function of an electronic system by implementing a fixed set of rules, commands, programs or plans. Such functions include data processing, reading inputs, generating & transmitting data, display output and others.
Embedded computing systems are extensively used in a variety of applications including office automation, home applications, security, automobile, banking and financial institutes, healthcare, defense, personal and other sectors. The market for embedded computing ecosystems is driven by rising adoption of consumer electronics along with increasing adoption of artificial intelligence. Other factors that are impacting the global embedded computing ecosystem market include rising digitization in industrial automation, healthcare and increasing demand in defense, automobile and other sectors. Globally, the applications of embedded computing systems are rising due to potential growth of emerging economies as well as evolution in Internet of Things (IoT) technology.
The embedded computing ecosystem market has been segmented on the basis of component, industry vertical, end user, and region. Based on component, the market is segmented as hardware and software. Hardware segment is further sub segmented into microprocessor, microcontroller, digital signal processors, and others. Industry vertical segmentation includes automotive, retail, healthcare, IT & telecom, energy & utilities, and consumer electronics. Consumer electronics sector is estimated to experience healthy growth due to increasing adoption of smart and advanced technology oriented products, thus driving the market. On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into large enterprises, and small & medium size enterprises (SME’s).
Based on region, the global embedded computing ecosystem market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. The embedded computing ecosystem market in North America is expected to expand at a significant growth rate and hold a prominent share of the market during the forecast period, as compared to the market in other regions. The U.S and Canada are projected to drive the embedded computing ecosystem market in the North America region. One of the major factors responsible for the growth of the market in this region is the growth in adoption of artificial intelligence technology. Asia Pacific is also expected to grow significantly. Numerous initiatives taken by governments along with rules & regulations are driving the increasing demand for embedded computing systems especially in developing markets such as China, India, Japan, and Malaysia. Leading organizations are focusing more on developing economies such as China, India, Thailand, and Malaysia.
Key players in the global embedded computing ecosystem market focus on introduction of advanced solutions and services in order to improve their offerings. Some of the major players in the embedded computing ecosystem market include Atmel Corporation, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, ARM Holdings plc. IBM Corporation, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Qualcomm Incorporated, and Texas Instruments Incorporated.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.