Embedded Antenna Systems Market: Introduction
- An antenna is an interface between a radio wave propagating through space and an electric current traveling through a metal conductor. It is also utilized in a transmitter or receiver.
- An embedded antenna system is an antenna class that use metamaterials to improve the performance of miniaturized antenna systems
- The design of an embedded antenna system that comprises metamaterials can step-up the antennas radiated power
- Advantages offered by embedded antenna systems include flexible design, protection against environmental changes, durable, reliability and clarity
- Rise of the Internet of Things (IoT) and use of embedded antennas have enabled machines to communicate with little or no interaction with humans
- Embedded antenna systems are utilized in airplanes, gateway routers, satellites, payment terminals, smart meters, infotainment and navigations, space communications, IoT, etc.
Rising Demand for Embedded Antenna Systems in Consumer Electronics Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the market can be segmented into automotive, consumer electronics, telecommunication, healthcare, aerospace and defense, industrial, agriculture, transportation, and others
- The consumer electronics segment of the global embedded antenna systems market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in usage of embedded antenna systems in smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, wearables, gaming consoles, and other peripheral devices for wireless applications such WLAN, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS
- Advancements in antenna design and structure improve connectivity, which has the potential to improve business connectivity along with safety
- Increasing adoption of wireless connectivity solutions is driving the antenna market through digital transformation
- Increasing adoption of embedded antennas in Internet of Things devices and rising demand for low-power wide-area (LPWA) networks in IoT applications are key factors driving the embedded antenna system market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Embedded Antenna Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global embedded antenna systems market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rising penetration of smart home devices and smartphones in developing countries across Asia Pacific is projected to boost the demand for embedded antenna system in the region
- Government investment in urban planning and smart city development in India and China is expected to offer significant opportunities for IoT devices and the adoption of embedded antennas in cellular and LPWAN connected devices during the forecast period.
- The embedded antenna systems market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high growth rate due to the presence of major players and increased competition among them. The market in North America is estimated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period because of the presence of fewer number of players in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Embedded Antenna Systems Market
Major players operating in global embedded antenna systems market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for embedded antenna systems. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technologies.
Key players operating in the global embedded antenna systems market include:
- Maxtena Inc.
- Mobile Mark, Inc.
- Linx Technologies
- Myers Engineering International, Inc.
- LAIRD TECHNOLOGIES
- CPI International Inc.
- TE Connectivity
Global Embedded Antenna Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Embedded Antenna Systems Market, by Type
- Others (Chip, patch etc.)
Global Embedded Antenna Systems Market, by Technology
- Others (5G, Cellular etc.)
Global Embedded Antenna Systems Market, by Application
- Gateway routers
- Payment terminals
- Smart meters
- Infotainment and navigations
- Others (Space communications, IoT etc.)
Global Embedded Antenna Systems Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronic
- Aerospace and Defense
- Others (Agriculture, Industrial etc.)
Global Embedded Antenna Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa