Ellagic Acid: Introduction
- Ellagic acid is a plant-derived polyphenol compound mainly found in fruits & vegetables such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and pomegranates. It is generally present in fruits in a complex form called ellagitannin, a component of hexahydroxydiphenic acid.
- Research studies indicate that dietary and supplementary doses of ellagic acid can inhibit enzyme production in viruses, bacteria, and fungi. This prevents them from penetrating inside the body where they can cause diseases. According to a research, ellagic acid has found to shrink the growth of cancerous tumors by hampering cancer cell growth.
- Ellagic acid is also known for its anti-oxidant properties. It removes toxins from human body and safeguards it against harmful molecules known as free radicals. Certain plants produce ellagic acid from hydrolysis of ellagitannin to provide natural UV protection as well as defense against bacterial and fungal pathogens.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Ellagic Acid Market
Key Drivers of Ellagic Acid Market
- Ellagic acid is primarily used as an ingredient in the cosmetic industry. Production and consumption of ellagic acid is highly dependent on the production of cosmetic products, which offer skin-whitening and anti-wrinkling benefits. Ellagic acid can inhibit the formation of melanin. Therefore, it is ideal for usage in whitening skin-care products such as facial cleansers, emulsion, essence, facial masks, and skin-care creams. Furthermore, ellagic acid hampers the growth of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), an enzyme that signals collagen breakdown. It helps improve the skin’s elasticity, which may result in the diminishing of fine lines and wrinkles. According to a report published by Cosmetics Europe, the cosmetic industry in Europe was valued at US$ 89.37 Bn in 2019. Of this, Germany (US$ 15.68 Bn), France (US$ 13.47 Bn), the U.K. (US$ 12.08 Bn), Italy (US$ 11.62 Bn), Spain (US$ 7.88 Bn), and Poland (US$ 5.44 Bn) were the major contributors. The cosmetic & personal care industry in Europe is estimated to expand owing to increase in investment from outside the EU region and rise in R&D activities. This, in turn, is projected to boost the ellagic acid market.
- As per the information published by the WHO, cancer is second leading cause of death all around the world with an estimated 9.6 million deaths in 2018. Almost 70% of deaths come from low and middle class income countries. The number of new cancer cases per year is expected to rise to 23.6 million by 2030 as per the information published by International Agency for Research on Cancer. Increase in cancer cases in low and middle income countries is anticipated to drive the demand of ellagic acid during the forecast period, as ellagic acid has anti-carcinogenic properties that help prevent cancer diseases. However, there is no significant research to support its use for cancer treatment. Nevertheless, several companies market their cosmetic & pharmaceutical products emphasizing on their anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Consumer preference for plant-based cosmetic products has been increasing across the globe. Ellagic acid is primarily used as a primary ingredient in shampoos, moisturizer creams, and sunscreen creams. Increase in disposable income of individuals is anticipated to boost the demand for cosmetics products, thereby propelling the demand for ellagic acid in the near future.
Key Restraint of Ellagic Acid Market
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) has issued several warning letters to a large number of U.S.-based sellers who claim to cure cancer by consuming their dietary supplements. There is ambiguity over the effects of ellagic acid on cancer cells. This can hamper the market in the near future.
Covid-19 Impact on Ellagic Acid Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on the cosmetic industry. The cosmetic industry contributes significantly to the global ellagic acid market. However, the global cosmetic industry is facing supply-chain issues due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Several offline stores that provide cosmetic products shut down in many countries during the pandemic. Major cosmetic companies such as L'Oréal S.A. and Estée Lauder experienced a decline in sales in the first half of the 2020 compared to that in the previous year.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global ellagic acid market include:
- Shanghai Kanwinn Pharmchem Ltd.
- Baoji Runyu Bio-Technology Co., Ltd.
- Otto Chemie Pvt Ltd
- Xena Bio Herbals Pvt. Ltd
- Arjuna Natural Pvt Ltd.
- Aktin Chemicals, Inc.
- Hale Cosmeceuticals Inc.
- Plamed Green Science Group
- Wuhan Vanz Pharm Inc.
- Nanjing Longyuan Natural Polyphenol Synthesis Factory
Global Ellagic Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Ellagic Acid Market, by Purity
- Below 90%
- 90% - 95%
- Above 95%
Global Ellagic Acid Market, by Source
Global Ellagic Acid Market, by End-use Industry
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.