Electronic Wet Chemicals Market: Overview
- Electronic wet chemicals play an important role in the manufacture and processing of semiconductors. These chemicals are extensively used in various applications such as flat panel displays, photovoltaic cells, LED fabrication, and semiconductor chips manufacturing.
- A wide variety of electronic wet chemicals is available in the market. These include phosphoric acid electronic grade, hydrogen peroxide electronic grade, and hydrofluoric acid electronic grade electronic wet chemicals.
- Hydrogen peroxide is one of the leading electronic wet chemicals utilized in the semiconductor industry. Ultra-high purity grades of hydrogen peroxide are used in the etching of printed circuit boards in conjunction with sulfuric acid. Hydrogen peroxide is a key chemical used in the production of semiconductor chips. Hydrofluoric acid in combination with ammonium fluoride is used as an isotropic etching agent in wafer cleaning process.
- Electronic wet chemicals are available in three forms: solid, liquid, and gas. Liquid electronic materials for employed to clean and polish the internal parts of electronic devices, while gaseous materials are used in the manufacture of LEDs, solar photovoltaic cells, and flat panel displays.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market
- Rise in demand for high purity chemicals for etching printed circuit boards as well as silicon wafer production is driving the global electronic wet chemicals market. Rapid expansion in the electronics industry and increase in demand for hydrogen peroxide for the removal of organic as well as metallic impurities during wafer production are boosting the global electronic wet chemicals market.
- Hydrogen peroxide is one of the cost-effective cleaning and etching agents used in combination with other chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and ammonia for the removal of residual organic film during semiconductor processing
Rise in Demand for Electronic Wet Chemicals in Electronics Industry
- Technological innovation in the electronics industry and increase in demand for high purity silicon ingot for wafer production are expected to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers operating in the electronic wet chemicals market
- Rise in demand for photovoltaic cells, integrated circuits, LED bulbs, and PCBs in electronic gadgets such as smartphones, laptops, computers, and tablets is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers in the near future. Increase in demand for silicon in other end-user industries, including solar photovoltaic cells, is estimated to create immense opportunities for manufacturers during the forecast period.
- Growth in number of regulations on maintaining purity level during wafer production is encouraging manufacturers to adopt high purity electronic wet chemicals in the electronics industry
High Product Cost Likely to Restrain Market
- Production of ultra-high purity electronic grade wet chemical is an expensive process. This is projected to restrain the market during the forecast period. Limited availability of ultra-high purity electronic wet chemicals is also likely to adversely affect the market in the near future.
- High capital cost for new manufacturing setup and R&D is anticipated to the restrict the entry of new players in the market
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Electronic Wet Chemicals Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market
In terms of region, the global electronic wet chemicals market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is the leading region of the electronic wet chemicals market during the forecast period. The market in emerging economies in the region such as China, India, and ASEAN is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to the rise in investments in electronics manufacturing.
- Growth in FDI investment in the electronic sector in India and China, increase in focus on manufacturing in the electronics sector through the ‘Make in India’ campaign, and rise in government efforts to improve fab and wafer production in China are likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific in the near future
- The market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the near future. Rise in demand for electronic wet chemicals for integrated circuits and wafer production in the U.S., Germany, the U.K., etc. is estimated to boost the market in these countries during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. High import cost and inadequate production infrastructure are likely to hamper the market growth in these regions. However, expansion of the production capacity by foreign OEMs in Brazil, GCC, and South Africa is expected to boost the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Players in Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market
Research and development and capacity expansion are key strategies adopted by top players operating in the global electronic wet chemicals market. For instance, in 2018, Solvay Group announced plans to open a new electronic grade hydrogen peroxide plant in China, with an annual capacity up to 24,000 metric tons. The new facility is likely to supply an essential chemical agent for the production of integrated electronic circuits to the semiconductor industry.
Key players operating in the global electronic wet chemicals market include:
- Solvay Group
- KMG Chemicals
- BASF SE
- Avantor Inc.
- Honeywell International LLC
- KANTO CHEMICAL CO. INC.
- Linde Group
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market: Research Scope
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, by Grade
- Hydrogen Peroxide Electronic Grade
- <10 ppb
- <1 ppb
- <0. ppb
- <0.01 ppb
- Hydrofluoric Acid Electronic Grade
- <10 ppb
- Phosphoric Acid Electronic Grade
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, by Application
- Integrated Circuits
- PCB Manufacturing
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, by Form
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.