Electronic Wet Chemicals Market: Overview
- Electronic wet chemicals play an important role in the manufacture and processing of semiconductors. These chemicals are extensively used in various applications such as flat panel displays, photovoltaic cells, LED fabrication, and semiconductor chips manufacturing.
- A wide variety of electronic wet chemicals is available in the market. These include phosphoric acid electronic grade, hydrogen peroxide electronic grade, and hydrofluoric acid electronic grade electronic wet chemicals.
- Hydrogen peroxide is one of the leading electronic wet chemicals utilized in the semiconductor industry. Ultra-high purity grades of hydrogen peroxide are used in the etching of printed circuit boards in conjunction with sulfuric acid. Hydrogen peroxide is a key chemical used in the production of semiconductor chips. Hydrofluoric acid in combination with ammonium fluoride is used as an isotropic etching agent in wafer cleaning process.
- Electronic wet chemicals are available in three forms: solid, liquid, and gas. Liquid electronic materials for employed to clean and polish the internal parts of electronic devices, while gaseous materials are used in the manufacture of LEDs, solar photovoltaic cells, and flat panel displays.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market
- Rise in demand for high purity chemicals for etching printed circuit boards as well as silicon wafer production is driving the global electronic wet chemicals market. Rapid expansion in the electronics industry and increase in demand for hydrogen peroxide for the removal of organic as well as metallic impurities during wafer production are boosting the global electronic wet chemicals market.
- Hydrogen peroxide is one of the cost-effective cleaning and etching agents used in combination with other chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and ammonia for the removal of residual organic film during semiconductor processing
Rise in Demand for Electronic Wet Chemicals in Electronics Industry
- Technological innovation in the electronics industry and increase in demand for high purity silicon ingot for wafer production are expected to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers operating in the electronic wet chemicals market
- Rise in demand for photovoltaic cells, integrated circuits, LED bulbs, and PCBs in electronic gadgets such as smartphones, laptops, computers, and tablets is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers in the near future. Increase in demand for silicon in other end-user industries, including solar photovoltaic cells, is estimated to create immense opportunities for manufacturers during the forecast period.
- Growth in number of regulations on maintaining purity level during wafer production is encouraging manufacturers to adopt high purity electronic wet chemicals in the electronics industry
High Product Cost Likely to Restrain Market
- Production of ultra-high purity electronic grade wet chemical is an expensive process. This is projected to restrain the market during the forecast period. Limited availability of ultra-high purity electronic wet chemicals is also likely to adversely affect the market in the near future.
- High capital cost for new manufacturing setup and R&D is anticipated to the restrict the entry of new players in the market
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Electronic Wet Chemicals Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market
In terms of region, the global electronic wet chemicals market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is the leading region of the electronic wet chemicals market during the forecast period. The market in emerging economies in the region such as China, India, and ASEAN is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to the rise in investments in electronics manufacturing.
- Growth in FDI investment in the electronic sector in India and China, increase in focus on manufacturing in the electronics sector through the ‘Make in India’ campaign, and rise in government efforts to improve fab and wafer production in China are likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific in the near future
- The market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the near future. Rise in demand for electronic wet chemicals for integrated circuits and wafer production in the U.S., Germany, the U.K., etc. is estimated to boost the market in these countries during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. High import cost and inadequate production infrastructure are likely to hamper the market growth in these regions. However, expansion of the production capacity by foreign OEMs in Brazil, GCC, and South Africa is expected to boost the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Players in Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market
Research and development and capacity expansion are key strategies adopted by top players operating in the global electronic wet chemicals market. For instance, in 2018, Solvay Group announced plans to open a new electronic grade hydrogen peroxide plant in China, with an annual capacity up to 24,000 metric tons. The new facility is likely to supply an essential chemical agent for the production of integrated electronic circuits to the semiconductor industry.
Key players operating in the global electronic wet chemicals market include:
- Solvay Group
- KMG Chemicals
- BASF SE
- Avantor Inc.
- Honeywell International LLC
- KANTO CHEMICAL CO. INC.
- Linde Group
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market: Research Scope
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, by Grade
- Hydrogen Peroxide Electronic Grade
- <10 ppb
- <1 ppb
- <0. ppb
- <0.01 ppb
- Hydrofluoric Acid Electronic Grade
- <10 ppb
- Phosphoric Acid Electronic Grade
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, by Application
- Integrated Circuits
- PCB Manufacturing
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, by Form
Global Electronic Wet Chemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.