Electronic Textiles: Introduction
- Electronic textile is a fabric developed with electronic components in it to enable conductivity and use of various technologies. Electronic components make the systems capable of sensing, heating, lighting, or transmitting data.
- Electronic textiles may be embedded with sensor, batteries, LEDs, and hands-free computing devices, depending on the fabric’s purpose. Application of electronic textiles, such as interior design technologies, also rely on integrating electronic components into the fabric or fibers.
- The e-textiles global market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, as it has an important role to play in the field of medicine, safety, sports, and protection
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Electronic Textiles Market
- Textiles are an integral, evolving part of our daily lives. The concept of e-textiles has been around for decades; however, the market has not yet reached the mass scale tipping point due to increasing commercial focus and remains a long way behind the adoption rates witnessed by other wearables.
- Smart medical devices is a highly promising application of e-textiles. Sensors in the fabric could monitor a patient’s respiration, heart rate, pulse and blood pressure, record data, and notify a caregiver if signs of issues are detected that require attention.
- Another example are of touch buttons that are constructed in textile forms by using conducting textile weaves, which connect to devices such as a music player or LEDs that are mounted on woven fiber networks to form displays
- Some e-textile designs support wearable computing technologies, while others add new functionality to non-technical applications. Projects are being pursued based on various kinds of functionality in the relatively new industry. Some electronic textile products may only be fabricated for data storage, while others provide physical interfaces through control elements in the garment design.
- Some experts talk about the difference between embedding electronic devices into the fabric and layering conductive electronics into textiles to make the fabric into a computer. For instance, some projects in the works include a musical jacket that uses MIDI and other technologies to provide garments that generate electronic music.
- Electronic textiles have been emerging as solutions to serve humanity in terms of comfort, making life easy, and addressing safety issues. Industrial-scale production of new generation technology, such as wearable electronic textiles, needs thorough academic industry discussion and collaborations. Washing performance is a critical commercial factor, as single use is an expensive proposition. Industrial production of new-generation technologies for wearable electronics needs to be further considered as a new potential research area since the mass production of e-textiles is still a challenging issue and has not been discovered.
- Overall, the electronic textiles market looks promising during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Electronic Textiles Market, Request for a Sample
Europe to Hold Major Share of the Global Electronic Textiles Market
- In terms of geography, the global electronic textiles market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Europe is estimated to hold a major share of the global electronic textiles market, followed by North America and Asia Pacific. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace due to emerging economies and improved standard of living in the region. The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is likely to experience tepid growth during the forecast period due to dip in financial activities and change in consumer spending behavior due to coronavirus.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global electronic textiles market include:
- Adidas AG
- Apple Inc.
- Bio Serenity SAS
- Conductive Transfers Limited
- Descente Ltd.
- Devan Chemicals N.V.
- Fibretronic Ltd.
- Fujitsu Limited
- Interactive Wear AG
- Nike, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Electronic Textiles Market: Research Scope
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Type
- Embedded e-textiles
- Laminated e-textiles
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Material
- Shape memory alloys
- Piezoelectric materials
- Chromic materials
- Nano-materials and microfibers
- Thermo-chromic inks
- Others (Photo-chromic, etc.)
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Price
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Application
- Home & Lifestyle
- Industrial & Commercial
- Medical & Healthcare
- Sports & Fitness
- Others (Wellness, etc.)
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Distribution Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.