Electronic Textiles: Introduction
- Electronic textile is a fabric developed with electronic components in it to enable conductivity and use of various technologies. Electronic components make the systems capable of sensing, heating, lighting, or transmitting data.
- Electronic textiles may be embedded with sensor, batteries, LEDs, and hands-free computing devices, depending on the fabric’s purpose. Application of electronic textiles, such as interior design technologies, also rely on integrating electronic components into the fabric or fibers.
- The e-textiles global market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, as it has an important role to play in the field of medicine, safety, sports, and protection
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Electronic Textiles Market
- Textiles are an integral, evolving part of our daily lives. The concept of e-textiles has been around for decades; however, the market has not yet reached the mass scale tipping point due to increasing commercial focus and remains a long way behind the adoption rates witnessed by other wearables.
- Smart medical devices is a highly promising application of e-textiles. Sensors in the fabric could monitor a patient’s respiration, heart rate, pulse and blood pressure, record data, and notify a caregiver if signs of issues are detected that require attention.
- Another example are of touch buttons that are constructed in textile forms by using conducting textile weaves, which connect to devices such as a music player or LEDs that are mounted on woven fiber networks to form displays
- Some e-textile designs support wearable computing technologies, while others add new functionality to non-technical applications. Projects are being pursued based on various kinds of functionality in the relatively new industry. Some electronic textile products may only be fabricated for data storage, while others provide physical interfaces through control elements in the garment design.
- Some experts talk about the difference between embedding electronic devices into the fabric and layering conductive electronics into textiles to make the fabric into a computer. For instance, some projects in the works include a musical jacket that uses MIDI and other technologies to provide garments that generate electronic music.
- Electronic textiles have been emerging as solutions to serve humanity in terms of comfort, making life easy, and addressing safety issues. Industrial-scale production of new generation technology, such as wearable electronic textiles, needs thorough academic industry discussion and collaborations. Washing performance is a critical commercial factor, as single use is an expensive proposition. Industrial production of new-generation technologies for wearable electronics needs to be further considered as a new potential research area since the mass production of e-textiles is still a challenging issue and has not been discovered.
- Overall, the electronic textiles market looks promising during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Electronic Textiles Market, Request for a Sample
Europe to Hold Major Share of the Global Electronic Textiles Market
- In terms of geography, the global electronic textiles market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Europe is estimated to hold a major share of the global electronic textiles market, followed by North America and Asia Pacific. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace due to emerging economies and improved standard of living in the region. The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is likely to experience tepid growth during the forecast period due to dip in financial activities and change in consumer spending behavior due to coronavirus.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global electronic textiles market include:
- Adidas AG
- Apple Inc.
- Bio Serenity SAS
- Conductive Transfers Limited
- Descente Ltd.
- Devan Chemicals N.V.
- Fibretronic Ltd.
- Fujitsu Limited
- Interactive Wear AG
- Nike, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Electronic Textiles Market: Research Scope
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Type
- Embedded e-textiles
- Laminated e-textiles
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Material
- Shape memory alloys
- Piezoelectric materials
- Chromic materials
- Nano-materials and microfibers
- Thermo-chromic inks
- Others (Photo-chromic, etc.)
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Price
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Application
- Home & Lifestyle
- Industrial & Commercial
- Medical & Healthcare
- Sports & Fitness
- Others (Wellness, etc.)
Global Electronic Textiles Market, by Distribution Channel
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.