Global Electronic Skin Market: Overview
Technological advancements have reached to altogether to a different level, as one can now experience use of electronic skin which was once a far-fetched goal. With electronic skin technology has the capability to reproduce human or animal skin and can respond to environment stimuli such as heat and changes pressure. It is likely that the electronic skin market will grow at a considerable rate in the coming years, as its application is expected to be seen in several industries including industrial and residential robotics, healthcare, and prosthetics.
Moreover, various manufacturers working with healthcare equipment and wearable devices are showing huge interest in electronic skin. This inclination is based on integrated sensors available in electronic skin that assists in monitoring environmental changes. Additionally, the potential to use electronic skin for on-body health and physiological monitoring has also created huge growth prospects in this market.
Taking in consideration these advantages of using electronic skin, this market has high chances to grow extensively in the forthcoming years. Alongside these drivers, various other factors also influence the growth in the global electronic skin market. More detailed information about the global electronic skin market in the report; that will help in taking well-informed decisions by the market players.
Global Electronic Skin Market: Notable Developments
High demand for electronic skin solutions in various industries is expected to accelerate growth in the global electronic skin market. Wearable electronic sectors seem highly enthusiastic about the developments taking place in the electronic skin market. In fact, ongoing researches are also likely to expand overall demand in this market. Some of the current developments that will fuel growth in the global electronic skin market are
- Recently, researchers at the National University of Singapore developed a new electronic skin that is stretchable, transparent, self-healing, and touch-sensitive. The ideas of developing such as a material were derived from jellyfishes.
- A team at the Stanford University has developed an electronic skin that has thousands of transistors and has recently demonstrated its ruggedness and flexibility. The team has used advanced technology and the electronic skin is capable of stretching twice of its size which can be a boon for both prosthetics and robotics.
Global Electronic Skin Market: Trends and Opportunities
Currently, the on-going trend where researchers are engaged in enhancing bio-inspired electronic skin technology is expected to drive growth in the global electronic skin market. Intensive research and development has helped in developing a robotic hand that portrays dexterity of human hand. Moreover, integrated rubber substrate electronic skin helps in detecting and measuring pressure that will further facilitate autonomous robotic surgery in future. All these factors are projected to augment growth in the global electronic skin market.
Few leading players that are making significant efforts in the global electronic skin market are Physical Optics Corporation, MC10, 3M, Dialog Semiconductor, Intelesens Ltd., Plastic Electronics GmbH, Koninklijke Philips N.V., ROTEX Global, Xenoma, SMARTLIFEINC LIMITED, VivaLNK, and Xsensio. These players along with many others are engaged in intensive research and development activities to develop advanced electronic skin.
Growing Inclination for Advanced Technologies in Emerging Economies in Asia Pacific to Hold a Dominant Position
On the regional frontier, the global electronic skin market covers North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East and Africa. Of these regions, North America is expected to lead the market over the next few years. Europe is also expected to be a leading market for the growth of electronic skin. Presence of leading players in two technologically advanced regions has strengthened their position in the global electronic skin market.
On the other hand, Asia Pacific electronic skin market is also has higher chances to progress at high rate due to growing inclination towards advanced technologies. China is likely to be the key region dominating Asia Pacific electronic skin market. High investments made by private companies and government on research and development activities in China has further fortified their position in the global electronic skin market.
Market segmentation based on geography:
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
This report gives access to decisive data, such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report include:
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segment