Global Electronic Potting & Encapsulating Market – Introduction
- Potting is the process of filling a complete electronic assembly with a solid or gelatinous compound such as acrylic, silicone, or resins. Potting provides resistance to vibration and shocks. It also offers protection from corrosive agents and moisture.
- Encapsulation forms a frame around an object and fills the space between the frame and the object with compounds by using a reusable mold. The key purpose of encapsulation is to form a protective shell around the electronic assembly.
- Electronic potting and encapsulating processes are practiced more commonly to protect semiconductor components from atmospheric and mechanical shocks and damage. Embedding a component or a device in a resin compound secures an assembly and insulates it electrically so as to allow it to function as designed. Electronic potting and encapsulating helps in keeping dirt and other contaminants away from sensitive areas.
Focus on Durability of Electronic Components to Drive Global Electronic Potting & Encapsulating Market
- Consumers are more focused on the durability of electronic products, which promotes potting and encapsulating of electronic components. Consumer electronics products are more prone to external damage, due to improper handling of components. This results in faulty and damaged products. Hence, consumers demand products that are more durable and long lasting.
- Electronic potting and encapsulating offers various benefits such as low costing of shells and reusable molds, better electric insulation, and efficient performance in extreme environments. This drives the global electronic potting & encapsulating market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead Global Electronic Potting & Encapsulating Market
- In terms of region, the global electronic potting & encapsulating market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The electronic potting & encapsulating market in North America is anticipated to hold the maximum market share, followed by Asia Pacific, during the forecast period. This is attributable to high adoption of electronic potting and encapsulating in the consumer electronics sector in these regions.
- The electronic potting & encapsulating market in Europe is expected to expand at a significant CAGR between 2019 and 2027. Middle East & Africa and South America are markets with high growth potential.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Players in Global Market
Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for electronic plotting and encapsulating. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global electronic potting & encapsulating market are:
- Winmate Inc.
- Henkel Corporation
- Dymax Corporation
- LANTAS Beck India Limited
- ACC Silicones Ltd
- DOPAG India Pvt. Ltd.
- Parket Lord
- MG Chemicals
- EFI Polymers
Global Electronic Potting & Encapsulating Market – Segmentation
The global electronic potting & encapsulating market can be segmented based on:
- Potting Compound
- End-use Industry
Global Electronic Potting & Encapsulating Market, by Potting Compound
Based on potting compound, the global electronic potting & encapsulating can be classified into:
Global Electronic Potting & Encapsulating Market, by Application
Based on application, the global electronic potting & encapsulating market can be divided into:
- Power Supplies
- Ignition Coils
- Electronic Modules
Global Electronic Potting & Encapsulating Market, by End-use Industry
Based on end-use industry, the global electronic potting & encapsulating market can be categorized into:
- Consumer Electronics
Global Electronic Potting & Encapsulating Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.