Electronic Permitting Systems Market - Introduction
Electronic permitting systems is a complete set of software and services that mechanize and modernize the building permit process. The intent of electronic permitting systems is to enhance quality, make operating funds more productive, improve customer service and staff efficiency, and reduce permitting time.
Electronic permitting system comprise a wide-ranging collection of task-specific tools for permitting, plan review, scheduling, inspections, project tracking, workflow management, fee calculation & collection. The system provides various advantages such as better internal management tools for spotting problems & assessing department effectiveness, better-quality financial tracking of plan review, permitting and inspection fees, and defined project tracking & workflow. All these advantages help to evaluate official plans and approve permits more quickly for the private and public sector.
Electronic Permitting Systems Market- Competitive Landscape
- In October 2018, Oracle introduced cloud based electronic permitting solutions known as “Oracle Public Sector Community Development” to primarily focus on permits and inspections. This initiative would help the company to enhance its product portfolio to attract more customers and compete with other players in the market.
- In June 2018 Accela launched an interactive permitting and planning tool to enhance economic development through modern city services. This application system is specifically designed to provide efficient and quicker services for commercial and residential purposes.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Founded in 1977 and located in the United States, Oracle Corporation develops and manufactures infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, and software as a service for the public and private sector worldwide. The company offers its solutions and services to over 430,000 customers across 175 countries worldwide.
Tyler Technologies Inc.
Founded in 1966 and based in the United States, Tyler Technologies is a public sector software enterprise that provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector worldwide. The company has more than 15,000 clients in the public sector specifically in government offices across 50 states.
Founded in 2011 with headquarters in the United States, IBM Corporation is one of the leading players in cloud platforms and cognitive solutions worldwide. The company has more than 380,000 employees across over 170 countries. It also provides electronic permitting solutions across the public and private sector. Its electronic permitting solution supports custom client applications such as e-payments, e-signature, Geographic Information System (GIS) layers, and Automated Clearing House (ACH).
Founded in 1999 and based in the United States, Accela Inc. provides SaaS solutions specifically for state and local governments. The company mainly offers cloud-based platforms for government organizations and agencies to address their specific needs. It has more than 2000 local & state government customers worldwide.
Founded in 2001 and based in Greece, NextSense provides digital solutions that includes signing suite, e-permit, e-delivery, content management systems, and other products for government, finance, and telecom organizations.
Some of the other prominent players in the electronic permitting systems market include Delasoft Inc., Pro-Sapien, Smart Permit, ViewPoint Cloud, and Tradelec International.
Electronic Permitting Systems Market Dynamics
Emergence of paperless offices driving the electronic permitting systems market
Emergence of paperless offices is significantly reducing paper usage and managing documents over cloud or web-based filing systems. This is expected to drive the electronic permitting systems market worldwide. Paperless offices are now becoming more efficient in document management, billing, permitting, inspection, and other official work by adopting advanced technologies such as cloud-based e-permitting, e-billing, and other essential platforms. These platforms are less time consuming, more accessible to all the employees, and easier to limit access to important documents. Therefore, all of these benefits are influencing numerous companies to adopt paperless offices, which are positively impacting the electronic permitting systems market.
Data security concerns restraining the growth of the electronic permitting systems market
Making official information accessible over the cloud or web significantly enables the users to access that information easily. Additionally, various open source tools associated with cloud is significantly creating more data security issues for customers. Hence, these factors are expected to hamper the overall market. However, governments are now focusing on providing strict regulations & policies regarding data security & theft which is expected to help the market grow in the near future.
Electronic Permitting Systems Market Segmentation
Based on component, the electronic permitting systems market is segmented into
- Cloud based
Based on type, the electronic permitting systems market is segmented into
- Homegrown Systems
- Component Systems
- Integrated Systems
In terms of applications, the electronic permitting systems market is segmented into
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.