Electronic Drug Delivery Systems Market: Introduction
- Electronic drug delivery systems are medical devices used to infuse drugs, growth hormones, and medicines of desired quantity in patients
- Electronic drug delivery systems allow patients administered therapy and make patients independent on caregivers, drug regimens, and medical professionals
- Drug delivery systems feature complex but small electronics, precise and desired functionality, wireless connectivity, and user-friendly intuitive interfaces
- Technological advancements in the drug delivery devices have led to the development of electronic drug delivery devices, which provide several advantages over conventional drug delivery devices such as improved efficacy, cost and time effectiveness, autonomous patient administered therapy, and minimum side effects
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Electronic Drug Delivery Systems Market Brochure
Electronic Drug Delivery Systems Market: Key Drivers
- The global electronic drug delivery systems market is primarily driven by technological advancements and new product launches across the globe. Several advantages offered by electronic drug delivery systems over conventional drug delivery methods led by technological advancements are likely to propel the growth of the global market during the forecast period. For instance, the development of electronic automated inhalers provide optimized solution for patients having pulmonary disorders and cognitive disabilities. This improves the overall efficiency and effectiveness of inhalers. Some of the other examples include electronic IV pumps and syringe pumps, a data centered insulin pen, ingestible electronic drug delivery and monitoring system, and wearable electronic drug delivery systems.
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rats of various chronic disorders requiring long-term care, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disorders (COPD), diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, neurological disorders etc., are projected to drive the global electronic drug delivery devices market during the forecast period
Electronic Wearable Infusion Pump Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on product type, the global electronic drug delivery systems market can be divided into electronic infusion & syringe pump, wearable infusion pump, electronic autoinjectors, electronic inhalers, and others. The electronic infusion & syringe pump segment is projected to dominate the global electronic drug delivery systems market during the forecast period.
- The electronic wearable infusion pump segment is anticipated to grow at a rapid rate during the forecast period due to increasing demand for wearable insulin infusion pumps by a large number of diabetes patients across the globe
Diabetes Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, the global electronic drug delivery systems market can be divided into diabetes, asthma & chronic pulmonary disorders, cardiovascular disorders, multiple sclerosis, critically ill patients, and others. The diabetes segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of diabetes across the globe, significant rise in adoption of wearable insulin pumps and electronic insulin pens, etc., are likely to fuel the growth of the segment during the forecast period
Asia Pacific Electronic Drug Delivery Systems Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global electronic drug delivery systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to lead the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- Early adoption of technologically advanced products, rise in demand for self-administration therapy, and high prevalence of chronic disorders requiring long-term management are factors that are likely to contribute to the dominant share of North America
- Europe is projected to be the second largest market for electronic drug delivery systems by the end of 2027
- Electronic drug delivery systems market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid increase in the number of patients with diabetes, COPD, and cardiovascular disorders in densely populated countries, such as India, China, and South Korea, and rapidly improving health care infrastructure in the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Electronic Drug Delivery Systems Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global electronic drug delivery systems market is highly consolidated with a few global players accounting for majority of the market share in respective regions. Key players operating in the global electronic drug delivery systems market include:
- Medtronic plc
- Insulet Corporation
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Novo Nordisk
- Merck Group
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Ypsomed AG
- Consort Medical plc
- SHL Group
- Gerresheimer AG
Global Electronic Drug Delivery Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Electronic Drug Delivery Systems Market, by Product Type
- Electronic infusion & Syringe Pump
- Wearable Infusion Pump
- Electronic Autoinjectors
- Electronic Inhalers
Global Electronic Drug Delivery Systems Market, by Application
- Asthma & Chronic Pulmonary Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Critically Ill Patients
Global Electronic Drug Delivery Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.