Need for Zero-Emission Transport Solutions
- G8 Leaders (Canada, Russia, Italy, Germany, Japan, France, the U.K., and U.S.) and Europe have declared to cut carbon dioxide emission by at least 80% by 2050 in order to stabilize atmospheric carbon dioxide and global warming
- In order to cut the carbon dioxide emission, decarbonization up to 95% of the road transport is required. The compatibility and availability of alternative biofuels is also very low
- Improvement in efficiency of the internal combustion engine cannot be expected to improve more than 30% during the coming years
Fuel Cell as Technology
- Fuel cell is akin to a battery, which generates electricity with the help of electrochemical reaction. Fuel cells and batteries convert chemical energy into electrical energy. Fuel cells also produce a by-product during the process that is heat.
- Once the energy from battery is depleted, the battery needs to be discarded or recharged with the help of an external electrical supply to run the electrochemical reaction in opposite direction
- Fuel cell can operate as long as it is provided with a source of fuel, which is hydrogen. The electrochemical oxidization of hydrogen takes place in fuel cell in an effective way. The oxygen atoms react with hydrogen ions, resulting in formation of water, while electrons are released and passed through an external circuit in the form of electric current. In this entire process, water vapor is the only exhaust emitted.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market? Ask for the request brochure here
Key Drivers of Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market
- To overcome the pollution caused by the application of crude oil, petroleum products, etc. as hydrogen is non-polluting as a fuel. The only byproduct of hydrogen after combustion is water and heat.
- To stabilize the carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere and reduce the chances of global warming in the near future. As, the carbon dioxide emission is expected to nullify on application of fuel cells.
- Fuel cells are likely to increase the overall efficiency of automobiles
Fuel Cells in Electric Powertrain
- Electric drivetrains are used in fuel cells and battery electric vehicles. Battery electric vehicles are solely powered by batteries, while fuel cells consist of small batteries and are powered by hydrogen fuel cell same as hybrid. Both these automobiles benefit from near silent operation, no tail pipe emission, and excellent drivability.
- Fuel cell operated electric vehicle offers advantages of electric vehicles combined with the utility of a combustion engine car, as it can be refueled in minutes as conventional fuel and then can be used for hundreds of kilometers.
- The mixture of conventional convenience and advantages that fuel cells could offer is irresistible and good option for personal mode of transportation
North America Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market
- North America is projected to lead the global market during the forecast period, due to the stringent environmental laws and rise in awareness about fuel cells
- Tesla Inc., is the major manufacturers of electric cars in the U.S. followed by Chevrolet. Tesla’s two most popular vehicles are the Tesla Model S and Tesla Model X. In Europe, Ford, Volkswagen, and BMW are key manufacturers of electric cars.
- The electric vehicles fuel cells market in Europe and Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Countries such as India, Japan, and China in Asia Pacific have started electrification of vehicles on a large scale.
- The government of China is investing in the development of China’s hydrogen energy and fuel cell operated electric vehicles.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to account for small share of the market during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Global Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market here
Key Players in Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market:
The electric vehicles fuel cells market is highly concentrated with the top companies as the technology have just started taking pace
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Elcogen AS
- Ballard Power Systems.
- Dana Limited
- NUVERA FUEL CELLS, LLC
- Oorja Corporation
- PLUG POWER INC.
- Meritor, Inc.
- US Hybrid
- Ceres Power Holdings plc
- Volkswagen AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Shenli Technology Co., Ltd.
Global Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market, by Component
- Fuel Stack
- Fuel Processor
- Power Conditioner
Global Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market, by Electrolyte Type
- Proton-Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells (PEMFC)
- Phosphoric Acid Fuel Cell (PAFC)
Global Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market, by Power Output
- Up to 100KW
- Above 200KW
Global Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
Global Electric Vehicles Fuel Cells Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.