Electric Vehicle Traction Batteries Market: Low VOC Emitting Solvent
- Traction batteries are primarily lead-acid batteries used to power the propulsion of battery electric vehicles (BEVs). Traction batteries are used for the propulsion of different types of BEVs such as forklifts, electric trolleys, and electric lifting equipment.
- Electric vehicle traction batteries are being used as third generation replacements to chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), and perfluorocarbons (PFCs) due to their nearly zero stratospheric ozone depletion and relatively low global warming potential
- Traction batteries are used in forklifts, electric golf carts, riding floor scrubbers, electric motorcycles, electric cars, trucks, vans, and other electric vehicles. Electric cars held the major share in the electric vehicle traction batteries market.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Electric Vehicle Traction Batteries Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Electric Vehicle Traction Batteries Market
- Demand for electric vehicle traction batteries is rising due to the increase in usage of electric vehicles in the last few years. Electric vehicles are vivid symbols of the transformation toward a sustainable and ecologically-friendly society.
- Increase in demand for electric vehicles is due to the many reasons. Conventional vehicles use fossil based fuels, which have negative effects on the environment and human life, thus unbalancing the ecological system.
- The second obvious reason for the growing interest in EV from leading countries is politics. The difference in the political interests of major oil exporters and importers became the reason for the 1970s energy crisis and local wars, thus demonstrating that sustainable shock-free development should be based on new energy vehicles.
- Rise in opportunities for China-based carmakers to produce EV traction batteries is another factor driving the market. The Government of China is investing in R&D to bring advancements in traction batteries for electric vehicles. Many car manufacturers such as Tesla, Toyota, and Renault are now launching electric vehicle models using traction batteries. This is estimated to drive the electric vehicle traction batteries market.
Low Global Warming Potential to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Global warming is one of the major environmental concerns in world. The primary cause of global warming is human activity that releases carbon into the atmosphere, by burning of fossil fuels. Electric vehicle traction batteries help overcome this issue. The ozone depletion potential of electric vehicle traction batteries is zero. This offers lucrative opportunities for the electric vehicles traction batteries market.
Stiff Competition from Counterparts to Hamper Market
- Electric vehicle traction batteries face stiff competition from counterparts such as lithium ion batteries. Lithium ion batteries are used in electric vehicles. These batteries possess various advantages over lead-acid traction batteries.
- Lead-acid batteries have shorter lifespan and require regular maintenance. Lithium batteries are much more expensive upfront, but are maintenance-free and have longer lifespan to match their higher price tag.
- Thus, competition from lithium ion batteries is posing a threat to the electric vehicle traction batteries market
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Electric Vehicle Traction Batteries Market
- Geographically, demand for electric vehicle traction batteries can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the leading consumer of electric vehicle traction batteries, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest global electric vehicle traction batteries market in the near future due to the rise in demand for greener transportation along with several initiatives by private organizations as well as governments.
- Countries such as China and India are also undertaking initiatives to attract major OEMs to manufacture electric vehicle traction batteries in the domestic markets. Increase in global concerns regarding the negative effect of climate change along with alarming pollution levels recorded in the major cities has created significant demand for electric vehicle traction batteries. Furthermore, various government initiatives to protect the environment are encouraging the sale of electric vehicles. This is driving the electric vehicle traction batteries market in Asia Pacific.
- Various leading players such as Tesla and Ford are launching different models of electric vehicles in North America. This is boosting the electric vehicle traction batteries market in the region. Infrastructure developments and industrialization in developed economies have opened new avenues, creating several opportunities for OEMs. Implementation of new technologies and establishment of new government regulations are driving the electric vehicle traction batteries market in this region.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, as these regions have abundance reserves of oils to run conventional vehicles rather than electric ones
Key Players in Market
The electric vehicle batteries market is highly fragmented with companies focusing on integrating advanced technologies to improve their market share. Companies are offering a complete portfolio of the products, and are focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their position in the market. Key players operating in the electric vehicle traction batteries market include:
- GS Yuasa International Ltd.
- East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Hollingsworth & Vose
- SAMSUNG SDI CO. LTD.
- LG Chem Power Inc.
Global Electric Vehicle Traction Batteries Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Vehicle Traction Batteries Market, by Application
- Golf carts
- Riding Floor Scrubbers
- Electric Motorcycles
- Electric Cars
- Others (including Trucks and Vans)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.