Electric Vehicle Charging Cables: Introduction
- Leoni AG introduced a new charging cable concept including a status-indicating light function. This advanced feature illuminates the charging cable, which increases the safety and prevents tripping over the cable in dark areas, which is likely to boost the electric vehicle charging cables market across the globe
Key Drivers of Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market
- Rise in demand for vehicle electrification across the globe, due to enactment of stringent emission norms across the globe to reduce the emission of harmful gases from vehicles, is likely to boost the electric vehicle charging cables market across the globe. Increase in rate of adoption of electric vehicles fuels the demand for charging stations. This is anticipated to be a key factor that is likely to drive the electric vehicle charging cables market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for high speed charging stations is prompting electric vehicle charging cable manufacturers to develop advanced cables for high speed charging. Rise in government investment to develop charging infrastructure across the globe is likely to fuel the electric vehicle charging cables market across the globe. Rapid expansion of electric component manufacturing industries across the globe is likely to further fuel the electric vehicle charging cable market.
- The coronavirus panic spread extensively across the globe between March and April 2020. Global automobile and related component production, import, and export, have been heavily hit by the pandemic. Companies with a heavy production and sales footprint across the globe already see a direct impact and are expected to presently start a recovery phase. Companies with heavy production and sales footprint in Asia, Western Europe, and North America are currently fighting the situation
Europe & Asia Pacific to hold significant share of global electric vehicle charging cables market
- Europe is projected to hold for a major share of the global electric vehicle charging cables market due to a rise in the demand for electric vehicle across the region. Rapid expansion of electric vehicle component manufacturers across the region also boosts the electric vehicle charging cables market. Europe has presence of major original equipment manufacturers as well as tier-1 suppliers, including Leoni AG and Phoenix Contact who have major facilities that undertake research & development on the electric vehicle charging cable, is likely to propel the electric vehicle charging cables market across the Europe
- Followed by Europe, Asia Pacific is projected to hold a significant share of the global electric vehicle charging cables market due to an increase in production of electric vehicles across the region. Asia Pacific has major presence of electric vehicle parts manufacturing industries across China, India, and Japan is anticipated to propel the electric vehicle charging cables market across Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market
The electric vehicle charging cables market is expanding consistently, as a large number of players operate in the market. A few of the key players operating in the electric vehicle charging cables market are:
- Tesla, Inc.
- Phoenix Contact
- Dyden Corporation
- TE Connectivity
- Leoni AG
- BESEN International Group
- TE Connectivity
- General Cable Technologies Corporation
- Chengdu Khons Technology Co., Ltd.
- Manlon Polymers
- Eland Cables
- EV TEISON
- Aptiv Plc.
- Brugg Group
Global Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
Global Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Duty Trucks
- Bus & Coach
Global Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market, by Power Supply Type
- AC Charging
- DC Charging
Global Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market, by Cable Length
- 2-5 Meters
- 6-10 Meters
- >10 Meters
Global Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market, by Current
- 16-32 Amp
- 33-72 Amp
Global Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market, by Charging Level
Global Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market, by Application
- Private Charging
- Public Charging
Global Electric Vehicle Charging Cables Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.