Electric Skateboard Market: Introduction
- An electric skateboard is similar to a traditional skateboard except that it comes with an electric motor. An electric skateboard can be controlled by a hand held controller, brakes, or by pads mounted on the skateboard.
- Belt driven skateboards consist of a motor which is placed outside of the wheel next to the wheelbase from where RPM is transferred to the wheel via a belt. On the other hand, the motor is placed inside the wheel in hub design electric skateboards.
- The electric skateboard market is expected to grow during the forecast period due to growing trend of personal mobility, rise in disposable income, and ecofriendly mode of transport.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of the Global Electric Skateboard Market
- Personal mobility is one of the growing trends and where transportation is an issue, electric skateboards come handy and are fun to ride. Electric skateboards are compact, lightweight, and are easy to carry around. Electric skateboards save money in the light of increasing population and parking being an issue.
- Usage of electric skateboards has increased due to the popularity of outdoor sports and recreational activities. Electric skateboards are faster than conventional skateboards, requires less effort, and provides better control, which makes them an attractive option among skaters.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Electric Skateboard Market, Request for a Sample
- People are concerned about the environment and have started adopting transport options which cause no harm to the environment. Also, people have become health conscience and are participating more in outdoor activities. In this scenario, electric skateboards help in improving stability and coordination.
- Many communities or groups conduct competitions in a safe environment with precaution measures in place and thus promote the sport. The maintenance of electric skateboards is easy which makes it an attractive option for people in developing regions.
- Many players are investing in R&D to come up with lighter, cheaper, and more advanced motorized skateboards. Technological advancement by global leaders is expected to have a positive impact on the electric skateboard market. However, advancement in technology may also result in a rise in price of the product which may act as a restraint to the market.
- Overall, the global electric skateboard market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
North America to Lead the Global Electric Skateboard Market
- Geographically, the global electric skateboard market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America.
- North America is expected to lead the global market followed by Europe during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is likely to witness rapid growth in the electric skateboard market due to rise in technology and rising disposable income. Cost effectiveness is anticipated to further encourage individuals to purchase electric skateboards in developing economies.
- The market for electric skateboards is fragmented with the presence of many local and global players.
Key Players Operating in the Global Electric Skateboard Market
Leading manufacturers operating in the global electric skateboard market include:
- Inboard Technology
- ACTON Inc.
- Blitzart Inc.
- RideRiptide Electric Skateboard
- Teamgee Skateboard
- Boosted, Inc.
- Atom Longboards
- Evolve Skateboards Australia
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Electric Skateboard Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Skateboard Market, by Type
- Belt driven
- Hub motor design
Global Electric Skateboard Market, by Wheels
- Generic Wheels
- Clone Wheels
Global Electric Skateboard Market, by Deck Size
- Mini Board
- Mid Board
- Full Board
Global Electric Skateboard Market, by Speed
- Less than 10 mph
- 10 – 20 mph
- More than 20 mph
Global Electric Skateboard Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Electric Skateboard Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.