Electric Recliner Market: Introduction
- An electric recliner functions with a motor, or chain of motors, to recline and adjust the direction of the recliner into a comfortable position, whereas a standard recliner uses a manual release control and the motion and weight of the user’s body to adjust the direction of the recliner for a better and comfortable sitting position.
- Electric recliners are mainly designed for people who struggle while opening and closing standard recliners or while standing up from a sitting position. Electric recliners have gained extensive popularity in the last couple of years.
- Moreover, in a few cases, recliners are counted as a medical device and the cost of the product may be covered by the insurance company.
Key Drivers of the Global Electric Recliner Market
- Increasing disposable income due to growth in dual-income households across the world is the major factor estimated to drive the demand for electric recliners during the forecast period. Moreover, consumers are increasingly using their household budget to improve their home interiors and exteriors; home furnishing, including recliners have become a symbol of lifestyle status. Consumers are looking for automatic options rather than manual options and therefore buying automatic products such as electric recliners which is expected to boost the growth of the overall market in the near future.
- Furthermore, individuals now check and purchase products online while on the move due to smartphones and rising Internet penetration. This is projected to be an opportunity to boost the electric recliner market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global electric recliner market can be divided into five regions North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the electric recliner market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the electric recliner market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America electric recliner market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Europe holds the largest market share and is expected to hold the same position during the forecast period. This is due to increasing sale of premium, and custom-made & technologically advanced products in developed countries such as the U.K, France, and Germany.
- However, Asia Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period as compared to other regions due to rise in purchasing power and increasing number of regional electric recliner manufacturers. Countries such as China and Vietnam are projected to be highly profitable markets for electric recliners in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The electric recliner market is fragmented owing to the presence of few global and several domestic players. Also, companies in the recliner market are estimated to see growing demand for electric recliners during the forecast years due to rising awareness about technologically advanced and automatic operating products. Players in the electric recliner market are launching new products, both low cost and high cost. The overall market is projected to observe a surge in the trend of rising sales due to higher purchasing power in developing countries. This in turn is expected to drive the adoption rate of electric recliners.
In March 2020, Idus launched the Comfy Recliners Collection. The ultra-modern electric recliners have classic elements and come in vibrant hues such as white, black, and mustard.
A few of the key players operating in the global electric recliner market are:
- AM Furniture
- American Leather
- Ashley Furniture Industries
- Ekornes ASA
- Haverty Furniture Companies
- Kieraya Furnishing Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Palliser Furniture
- Steinhoff International
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Electric Recliner Market, Request for a Sample
Global Electric Recliner Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Recliner Market, by Product Type
- Home Theater Recliners
- Multiplex Recliners
- Living Room Recliners
- Sofa Lounger Recliners
- Massage Recliners
Global Electric Recliner Market, by Type
- Single Seater
Global Electric Recliner Market, by Material
- Others (Half Leather, Leatherette, etc.)
Global Electric Recliner Market, by Price
- Low (Below US$ 500)
- Medium (US$ 500 – 1000)
- High (Above US$ 1000)
Global Electric Recliner Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Multi-brand Stores, etc.)
Global Electric Recliner Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global electric recliner market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.