Electric Motor Insulation Material Market: Introduction
- Insulation materials offer resistance to electric current in electric motors
- Several insulation techniques used in electric motors involve wire insulation, slot & phase insulation, winding impregnation, sleeve insulation, and winding leads insulation
- Insulation materials used in electric motors are internationally defined on specific thermal classes. Class A insulation materials consist of cotton, silk, and paper; class B insulation materials consist of mica, glass fiber, and asbestos; class C insulation materials consist of mica, porcelain, glass, and quartz; class E insulation materials consist of insulating materials withstanding a temperature up to 120°C; class F group consists of insulating materials withstanding a temperature up to 155°C; and Class H group consists of insulating materials withstanding a temperature up to 180°C.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Electric Motor Insulation Material Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Introduction of Advanced Composite Insulation Materials in Electric Motors
- In terms of material, the global electric motor insulation material market can be divided into glass, resins & varnishes, paper & films, rubber, composites, rigid laminates, and others. Composite is estimated to be a lucrative material segment of the global electric motor insulation material market in the near future.
- Nanocomposite-based insulation materials used in electric motors exhibit several mechanical and dielectric properties. Resistance of nanocomposite insulation materials to partial discharges and electric treeing allows the design of new insulation systems to offer improved electrical breakdown strength.
- Rise in utilization rate of nanocomposite materials in insulation systems of electric motors has resulted in higher output of electric motors
- Demand for nanocomposite-based insulation materials in electric motors is projected to increase, owing to their exceptional characteristics such as volume resistivity, improved space charge accumulation, thermal conductivity, and direct current (DC) breakdown strength
- Usage of micro and Nano-technologies provide new approaches toward enhanced insulation systems in electric motors that operate at high temperatures and electrical stress. Micro and Nano-technologies have led to improvement in material performance, energy-efficient processes, and low cost manufacturing routes. Rise in adoption rate of such technologies for improving insulation systems in electric motors is anticipated to boost the demand for composite-based electric motor insulation materials.
Increase in Demand for Flexible Insulation Materials in Electric Motors
- Flexible electric motor insulation materials are deployed for numerous voltages and temperature classes of electric motors
- Flexible electric motor insulation materials safeguard insulated wires from steel cores. These insulation materials hold wires in place and offer a phase-to-phase barrier to the electric motor. Such flexible insulation materials are primarily used for phase insulations, slot liners, wedges, and slot closures in electric motors.
- Flexible electric motor insulation materials protect the conductor and insulation structure against mechanical, electrical, environmental, and thermal stress. Hence, flexible insulation materials are extensively employed in AC and DC electric motors.
- Demand for flexible electric motor insulation materials for use in AC and DC electric motors is expected to increase in the near future
- Rise in demand for flexible electric motor insulation materials, owing to their mechanical toughness, chemical compatibility, and exceptional thermal protective characteristics is estimated to drive the global electric motor insulation material market
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Electric Motor Insulation Material Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Asia Pacific Dominates Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market
- In terms of region, the global electric motor insulation material market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global electric motor insulation material market in 2018 due to the presence of large electric motor manufacturers in the region
- Asia Pacific is a major producer of electric motor insulation materials in the world. It is observed to have an effective global distribution network of these products to meet the growing needs of industrial customers.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to rapid industrialization in Asia Pacific countries such as China and India, and ASEAN.
- Introduction of advanced electric motor insulation material production techniques is likely to drive its production in Asia Pacific
- Rise in popularity of electric motor insulation materials among consumers in electronics & electrical and automotive & transportation industries is likely to boost the demand for electric motor insulation materials in Asia Pacific in the next few years. Moreover, increase in demand for electric motor insulation materials in Asia Pacific has encouraged electric motor insulation material manufacturers in China to establish new production lines. Furthermore, presence of large and small electric motor insulation material manufacturers in China and India is projected to boost the production of electric motor insulation materials in the region.
- Rise in FDI investments in the electronics & electrical industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is also a key factor anticipated to propel the global market in the region during the forecast period
- North America and Europe also held substantial share of the global market in 2018, owing to the constant demand for electric motor insulation materials from the automotive sector in these regions
Key Players in Global Market
Eminent players operating in the global electric motor insulation material market focus on strengthening their distribution channels in order to gain market share. Furthermore, these players focus on developing new products through innovative production processes and introduction of modern technologies. Major players operating in the global electric motor insulation material market include:
- Ganapathy Industries
- Henkel Ltd
- IMPEX INSULATION
- KREMPEL GmbH
- Sahney Insulation Group
- Sichuan Dongfang Insulating Material Co., Ltd
- Vitar Insulation Manufacturers Ltd
- Von Roll Holding AG
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market, by Material
- Resins & Varnishes
- Paper & Films
- Rigid Laminates
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market, by Application
- AC Motor
- Induction Motor
- Synchronous Motor
- DC Motor
- Brush DC Motor
- Brushless DC Motor
- Hermetic Motor
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market, by End-use Industry
- Electronics & Electrical
- Automotive & Transportation
- Mining & Metallurgy
- Energy & Power
- Oil & Gas
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.