Electric Motor Insulation Material Market: Introduction
- Insulation materials offer resistance to electric current in electric motors
- Several insulation techniques used in electric motors involve wire insulation, slot & phase insulation, winding impregnation, sleeve insulation, and winding leads insulation
- Insulation materials used in electric motors are internationally defined on specific thermal classes. Class A insulation materials consist of cotton, silk, and paper; class B insulation materials consist of mica, glass fiber, and asbestos; class C insulation materials consist of mica, porcelain, glass, and quartz; class E insulation materials consist of insulating materials withstanding a temperature up to 120°C; class F group consists of insulating materials withstanding a temperature up to 155°C; and Class H group consists of insulating materials withstanding a temperature up to 180°C.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Electric Motor Insulation Material Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Introduction of Advanced Composite Insulation Materials in Electric Motors
- In terms of material, the global electric motor insulation material market can be divided into glass, resins & varnishes, paper & films, rubber, composites, rigid laminates, and others. Composite is estimated to be a lucrative material segment of the global electric motor insulation material market in the near future.
- Nanocomposite-based insulation materials used in electric motors exhibit several mechanical and dielectric properties. Resistance of nanocomposite insulation materials to partial discharges and electric treeing allows the design of new insulation systems to offer improved electrical breakdown strength.
- Rise in utilization rate of nanocomposite materials in insulation systems of electric motors has resulted in higher output of electric motors
- Demand for nanocomposite-based insulation materials in electric motors is projected to increase, owing to their exceptional characteristics such as volume resistivity, improved space charge accumulation, thermal conductivity, and direct current (DC) breakdown strength
- Usage of micro and Nano-technologies provide new approaches toward enhanced insulation systems in electric motors that operate at high temperatures and electrical stress. Micro and Nano-technologies have led to improvement in material performance, energy-efficient processes, and low cost manufacturing routes. Rise in adoption rate of such technologies for improving insulation systems in electric motors is anticipated to boost the demand for composite-based electric motor insulation materials.
Increase in Demand for Flexible Insulation Materials in Electric Motors
- Flexible electric motor insulation materials are deployed for numerous voltages and temperature classes of electric motors
- Flexible electric motor insulation materials safeguard insulated wires from steel cores. These insulation materials hold wires in place and offer a phase-to-phase barrier to the electric motor. Such flexible insulation materials are primarily used for phase insulations, slot liners, wedges, and slot closures in electric motors.
- Flexible electric motor insulation materials protect the conductor and insulation structure against mechanical, electrical, environmental, and thermal stress. Hence, flexible insulation materials are extensively employed in AC and DC electric motors.
- Demand for flexible electric motor insulation materials for use in AC and DC electric motors is expected to increase in the near future
- Rise in demand for flexible electric motor insulation materials, owing to their mechanical toughness, chemical compatibility, and exceptional thermal protective characteristics is estimated to drive the global electric motor insulation material market
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Electric Motor Insulation Material Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Asia Pacific Dominates Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market
- In terms of region, the global electric motor insulation material market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global electric motor insulation material market in 2018 due to the presence of large electric motor manufacturers in the region
- Asia Pacific is a major producer of electric motor insulation materials in the world. It is observed to have an effective global distribution network of these products to meet the growing needs of industrial customers.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to rapid industrialization in Asia Pacific countries such as China and India, and ASEAN.
- Introduction of advanced electric motor insulation material production techniques is likely to drive its production in Asia Pacific
- Rise in popularity of electric motor insulation materials among consumers in electronics & electrical and automotive & transportation industries is likely to boost the demand for electric motor insulation materials in Asia Pacific in the next few years. Moreover, increase in demand for electric motor insulation materials in Asia Pacific has encouraged electric motor insulation material manufacturers in China to establish new production lines. Furthermore, presence of large and small electric motor insulation material manufacturers in China and India is projected to boost the production of electric motor insulation materials in the region.
- Rise in FDI investments in the electronics & electrical industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is also a key factor anticipated to propel the global market in the region during the forecast period
- North America and Europe also held substantial share of the global market in 2018, owing to the constant demand for electric motor insulation materials from the automotive sector in these regions
Key Players in Global Market
Eminent players operating in the global electric motor insulation material market focus on strengthening their distribution channels in order to gain market share. Furthermore, these players focus on developing new products through innovative production processes and introduction of modern technologies. Major players operating in the global electric motor insulation material market include:
- Ganapathy Industries
- Henkel Ltd
- IMPEX INSULATION
- KREMPEL GmbH
- Sahney Insulation Group
- Sichuan Dongfang Insulating Material Co., Ltd
- Vitar Insulation Manufacturers Ltd
- Von Roll Holding AG
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market, by Material
- Resins & Varnishes
- Paper & Films
- Rigid Laminates
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market, by Application
- AC Motor
- Induction Motor
- Synchronous Motor
- DC Motor
- Brush DC Motor
- Brushless DC Motor
- Hermetic Motor
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market, by End-use Industry
- Electronics & Electrical
- Automotive & Transportation
- Mining & Metallurgy
- Energy & Power
- Oil & Gas
Global Electric Motor Insulation Material Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.