Electric Lawnmower Market: Introduction
- A lawnmower is a machine equipped with a single or multiple rotating blades that are designed to cut or trim a turf or landscape planted with grass. Electric lawn mower machines are powered by an electric motor instead of an I.C. engine.
- These electric lawnmowers are equipped with wheels and rotating blades, which can be either pushed manually, maneuvered over the lawn by hovering technology, or operated autonomously as a robot
Key Drivers of Electric Lawnmower Market
- Air pollution is a growing concern worldwide. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that more than 54 million U.S. households mow their lawns on a weekly basis with gas powered lawnmower, which contributes to about 5% of the nation's total air pollution. Moreover, the oil and fuel spillage from these lawnmowers gets mixed with the rainwater and enters into mainstream water bodies, further polluting the environment. These concerns have led to growing promotion and adoption of ecofriendly lawnmowers that are operated by electric power and avert the usage of fuels. Thus, growing environmental concerns are propelling the electric lawnmower market across the globe.
- Increased landscaping activities and popularity of green spaces, such as roofs and lawns, are fueling the demand for lawn mowers. However, presently, consumers demand quieter lawnmowers due to grievances from neighborhood and operating noisy lawnmowers for long time can cause high fatigue of the operator. Electric lawnmowers generate noise up to 75 decibels as compared to gas operated lawnmowers, which generate 95 decibels. Furthermore, electric lawn mowers are more cost-effective as compared to gas-powered lawn mowers and easy to maneuver. These benefits are attracting more number of customers, thus propelling the global electric lawnmower market.
Challenges in Electric Lawnmower Market
- Electric lawnmowers are particularly well-suited to surface areas of less than 700 m²; which makes them suitable for small gardens or landscapes due to limitations of electric cable length and battery capacity. Fuel operated lawnmowers are used for larger areas, as they can be refueled at any point. Hence, the limited application scope of electric lawn movers restrains the global electric lawnmower market.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Electric Lawnmower Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic hampered manufacturing activities and supply chains of most of the manufacturing industries, which in turn lowered the sale and production of electric lawnmowers. Moreover, public spaces such as gardens and golf courses were closed for public, which further reduced demand for electric lawnmowers.
North America and Europe to hold significant share of global electric lawnmower market
- It is a common trend for people in North America and Europe to have a lawn in their front yard for esthetic purposes. The population of the U.S. spends more than US$ 40 billion on lawn care annually. Moreover, the number of green spaces is increasing in these regions due to a rise in awareness about environment conservation. These factors contribute toward the high share of North America and Europe in the global electric lawnmower market.
Key Players Operating in Electric Lawnmower Market
The global electric lawnmower market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the electric lawnmower market are:
- Ariens Company
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation
- D&D Motor Systems, Inc.
- Deere & Company
- Ha-Ko Enterprises
- Hayter Limited
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd
- Husqvarna Group
- Mean Green Products
- MTD Products Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- The Toro Company
- Unison Engg Industries
Global Electric Lawnmower Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Lawnmower Market, by Type
- Self-propelled Mower
- Manual Lawn Mower
- Hover Mowers
- Push lawn Mowers
- Robotic Mower
Global Electric Lawnmower Market, by Power Supply
- Battery Powered
Global Electric Lawnmower Market, by Construction
- Cylindrical Mower
- Rotary Mower
Global Electric Lawnmower Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.