Electric Lawnmower Market: Introduction
- A lawnmower is a machine equipped with a single or multiple rotating blades that are designed to cut or trim a turf or landscape planted with grass. Electric lawn mower machines are powered by an electric motor instead of an I.C. engine.
- These electric lawnmowers are equipped with wheels and rotating blades, which can be either pushed manually, maneuvered over the lawn by hovering technology, or operated autonomously as a robot
Key Drivers of Electric Lawnmower Market
- Air pollution is a growing concern worldwide. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that more than 54 million U.S. households mow their lawns on a weekly basis with gas powered lawnmower, which contributes to about 5% of the nation's total air pollution. Moreover, the oil and fuel spillage from these lawnmowers gets mixed with the rainwater and enters into mainstream water bodies, further polluting the environment. These concerns have led to growing promotion and adoption of ecofriendly lawnmowers that are operated by electric power and avert the usage of fuels. Thus, growing environmental concerns are propelling the electric lawnmower market across the globe.
- Increased landscaping activities and popularity of green spaces, such as roofs and lawns, are fueling the demand for lawn mowers. However, presently, consumers demand quieter lawnmowers due to grievances from neighborhood and operating noisy lawnmowers for long time can cause high fatigue of the operator. Electric lawnmowers generate noise up to 75 decibels as compared to gas operated lawnmowers, which generate 95 decibels. Furthermore, electric lawn mowers are more cost-effective as compared to gas-powered lawn mowers and easy to maneuver. These benefits are attracting more number of customers, thus propelling the global electric lawnmower market.
Challenges in Electric Lawnmower Market
- Electric lawnmowers are particularly well-suited to surface areas of less than 700 m²; which makes them suitable for small gardens or landscapes due to limitations of electric cable length and battery capacity. Fuel operated lawnmowers are used for larger areas, as they can be refueled at any point. Hence, the limited application scope of electric lawn movers restrains the global electric lawnmower market.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Electric Lawnmower Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic hampered manufacturing activities and supply chains of most of the manufacturing industries, which in turn lowered the sale and production of electric lawnmowers. Moreover, public spaces such as gardens and golf courses were closed for public, which further reduced demand for electric lawnmowers.
North America and Europe to hold significant share of global electric lawnmower market
- It is a common trend for people in North America and Europe to have a lawn in their front yard for esthetic purposes. The population of the U.S. spends more than US$ 40 billion on lawn care annually. Moreover, the number of green spaces is increasing in these regions due to a rise in awareness about environment conservation. These factors contribute toward the high share of North America and Europe in the global electric lawnmower market.
Key Players Operating in Electric Lawnmower Market
The global electric lawnmower market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the electric lawnmower market are:
- Ariens Company
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation
- D&D Motor Systems, Inc.
- Deere & Company
- Ha-Ko Enterprises
- Hayter Limited
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd
- Husqvarna Group
- Mean Green Products
- MTD Products Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- The Toro Company
- Unison Engg Industries
Global Electric Lawnmower Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Lawnmower Market, by Type
- Self-propelled Mower
- Manual Lawn Mower
- Hover Mowers
- Push lawn Mowers
- Robotic Mower
Global Electric Lawnmower Market, by Power Supply
Global Electric Lawnmower Market, by Construction
- Cylindrical Mower
- Rotary Mower
Global Electric Lawnmower Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!