Electric knife gate valve is a compact and lightweight linear shut off valve. It is available in manual mode and with pneumatic cylinder actuator for remote operation. They are mainly designed for the paper and pulp industry. Fibrous pulp gets stuck between the wedge and seat of a normal gate valve and avoids flow shut-off. Here knife gate valves are more useful than any other gate valve. These valves are advantageous in slurry and sludge applications as their blades cut right through thick liquids easily. They are generally preferred in larger sizes to handle thicker flows of slurry, heavy oils, paper pulp, light grease, varnish, and wastewater, etc. which makes it the ideal equipment for several applications in process industries such as chemical processing, paper and pulp, sugar making, and wastewater treatment.
Electric Knife Gate Valve Market – Competitive Landscape
The electric knife gate valve market is fragmented into several international and domestic companies. Leading market players are focusing on technological developments in the product to reduce the cost of production and increase sales.
- In February 2019, Weir Engineering Services Ltd, a subsidiary of The Weir Group and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. announced a contract for manufacturing of pumps and other accessories for the UK Nuclear New Build project.
- Major players in the electric knife gate valve market are making considerable investment in R&D facilities to enlarge their product portfolio with energy efficient products to meet the growing demand from consumers from different industries.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
The company was founded in 1964 in Tolosa, Spain and is involved in manufacturing of industrial valves. The company has two business units named Knife Gate Valves and Specific Products. ORBINOX has manufacturing and distribution subsidiaries in Canada and the United Kingdom, USA, India, Spain, France, China, and Germany.
DeZURIK, Inc. was founded in 1928 and designs and manufactures valves including high-performance butterfly valves, v-port ball valves, eccentric plug valves, rotary control valves, and knife gate valves. The company serves various industries including pulp and paper, chemical and petrochemical, power, mining, and other process industries.
Bray International, Inc. was founded in 1986. The company’s product portfolio includes butterfly valves, triple offset valves, ball valves, knife gate valves, actuators, controls, and others. Its products have a wide range of applications in energy, water management, industrial, and infrastructure sectors.
Several international and domestic players are involved in the electric knife gate valve market. Some of them are SISTAG AG, Flowrox Oy, Stafsjö Valves AB, the Weir Group PLC, Emerson, ITT INC, Tecofi, and Zhejiang Linuo Flow Control Technology.
Electric Knife Gate Valve Market – Dynamics
Capital cost, seasonality in business, and price anticipated to influence the electric knife gate valve market
Product design, technology, capital investment in business, and pricing patterns are major drivers expected to influence the demand for automatic knife gate valves. A diverse range of types of knife gate need more investment for manufacturing which may hamper the market growth in the coming years. Companies are facing problems in catering to the diverse segments. Also, seasonality of the business, government rules and regulations, and price rivalry are also estimated to pose some entry barriers.
High production and maintenance cost of electric knife gate valves anticipated to hamper the market growth
Production and maintenance cost of electric knife gate valves is high which is expected to hamper the industry growth during the forecast period. High product cost influences the ability to manufacture electric knife gate valves based on specific requirements. However, companies are increasing investment in research and development for cost-effective technology to reduce the cost of knife gate valves.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Electric Knife Gate Valve Market – Segmentation
On the basis of material type, the electric knife gate valve market is segmented into:
- Stainless Steel
Based on end-use industry, the electric knife gate valve market can be segregated into:
- Chemical Processing
- Paper and Pulp
- Sugar Making
- Wastewater Treatment
- Oil and Gas
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.