Electric Insulators Market: Overview
An electric insulator is defined as a material that does not conduct electricity due to lack of free flow between its internal electric charges. In other words, in case of electric insulator materials, electrons surrounding the nuclei of atoms do not move around or relocate from one atom to another and hence, they do not conduct electricity. Products manufactured from electric insulator materials for the purpose of providing electric isolation and mechanical support are called electric insulators. Some of the commonly known electric insulator materials are wood, cotton, air, plastics, glass, and ceramics.
One of the most important functions of insulators is to provide protection from hazardous effects of electricity. This makes them particularly useful in electricity transmission and distribution (T&D) networks. Rise in investments in T&D networks is an important driver of the global electric insulators market. Developed countries of North America and Europe are in the process of upgrading their networks and building new networks to carry electricity generated from renewable sources. On the other hand, developing countries such as India and China are in the process of expanding their networks to ensure that electricity reaches every corner of their area. These investments are expected to propel the global electric insulators market during the forecast period.
Degradation of electric insulators due to weather- and pollution-related factors is a major issue faced by the global electric insulators market as well as product manufacturers. Other issues include corrosion and deposition of layers of salts, inert material, contaminants, and industrial emissions on electric insulators. Adverse weather conditions result in dissolving of these layers, leading to increased conductivity of insulators. This in turn raises the level of leakage current.
Electric Insulators Market: Key Segments
The global electric insulators market can be segmented based on material, voltage, application, and region. In terms of material, the global electric insulators market can be segregated into ceramics, polymers, fiberglass, and composites. Traditionally, electric insulators have been manufactured from ceramic and polymer materials. However, composite material insulators are now being used on a much larger scale. The composites segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
In terms of application, the global electric insulators market can be segregated into transmission & distribution networks, electric traction systems, and equipment (such as surge arrestors, instrument transformers, and circuit breakers). The most commonly used application is T&D networks. The T&D networks segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Electric traction systems are commonly used in railway lines.
Electric Insulators Market: Regional Outlook
Electric insulators have a high level of resistivity. However, they contain some mobile charges that carry current. Eventually, all insulators become conductive on application of a sufficiently large voltage. The point at which an insulator starts conducting electricity is called breakdown voltage. Electric insulators can be classified based on voltage level that they can handle. In terms of region, the global electric insulators market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
Electric Insulators Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent manufacturers operating in the global electric insulators market are DuPont, Maclean-Fogg, K-Line Insulators Limited, and PPC Austria Holding GmbH.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.