Electric Double-layer Capacitors Market: Introduction
- A capacitor is a two-terminal passive electrical component, employed to store energy electrostatically in an electric field. It is a widely used in electrical circuits for various electrical devices, especially the electric double-layer capacitor.
- Electric double-layer capacitors are commonly known as gold caps, ultra capacitors, or super capacitors, is an energy storage device which have high capacitance than other capacitors or batteries. They have high power capacity, fast charging options, and longer life cycle as compared to those of batteries.
- Electric double-layer capacitors are widely associated with batteries, as they are an ideal source of back-up and peak-power.
- In an electric double-layer capacitor, the electrostatic charge is stored by splitting positive and negative charges; therefore, they chemical reaction is not used to store energy.
- The energy store capacity of a typical capacitor is measured in nano or micro farads, while an electric double-layer capacitors can be rated in farads.
- An electric double-layer capacitor consists of two different types of constructions; the first is the stacked form, while the other is the wound construction form.
- The wound type has similar construction to that of an ordinary radial electrolytic capacitor. These capacitors are available with maximum cell voltage between 2.1V & 3V and capacities up to 3400F can be achieved with these cells.
- The stacked type offers voltage of 5.5V by integrating cells in a row and is available with capacities up to 1.5F, these are mostly used in real-time clock (RTC) applications.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Electric Double-layer Capacitors Market? Ask for the request brochure here
Key Drivers of Electric Double-layer Capacitors Market:
- The increase in government regulations concerning carbon emissions, along with growing adoption of graphene and carbon nanotube electric double-layer capacitors (EDLCs), is a major factor that is expected to drive the growth of the electric double-layer capacitors market.
- Evolving green energy applications, advancements in electric double-layer capacitor technologies, improving price/performance ratios, and growing new applications across several industries are driving the electric double-layer capacitors market.
Benefits of Electric Double-layer Capacitors:
- Electric double-layer capacitors have number of benefits such as fast charge and discharge cycles.
- They have long operating life of over one million cycles and can be used for operating in harsh environments.
- The electric double-layer capacitors can be used in a series & parallel connections, have zero maintenance and also have a wide operating temperature range.
Button Type Capacitors in Product Type Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- The global electric double-layer capacitors market can be segregated in terms of product type, application, and region.
- Based on product type, the electric double-layer capacitors market can be divided into button type, flat type, radial type, and others. The button type capacitors are used in backup of complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor-CMOS microcomputers, memory backup, metering, etc.
- The flat type capacitors are employed in barcode scanners, personal locators (GPS/GSM), and wireless modems, while the radial type capacitors are used in toys, solar battery operated circuits, emergency lights, and garden lights. The others segment consists of screw type, snap-in type, and modules.
- In terms of application, the electric double-layer capacitors market can be divided into consumer electronics, industrial, automobile, and others.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Global Electric Double-Layer Capacitors Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Significant Share in the Global Electric Double-Layer Capacitors Market:
- Based on region, the global electric double-layer capacitors market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is expected to lead the global electric double-layer capacitors market
- Upgradation of old transmission power grids increased penetration of electric vehicles, and the rising need for wireless chargers for vehicles are some of the factors that are expected to impact the electric double-layer capacitors market growth in North America.
- The U.S., is the major market in North America where most people buy consumer electronics on a regular basis. Smartphones, tablets, portable speakers, and AI-assisted electronics are experiencing high growth in the region.
- The electric double-layer capacitors market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the presence of large number of electrical and electronic companies operating in countries such as China, Japan, and India.
- Europe is expected to account for large share of the global electric double-layer capacitors market.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to account for small share of the electric double-layer capacitors market.
- In April 2018, CAP-XX develops a 3 Volt thin prismatic capacitor. The company is expected to deploy its 3V technology first in thin prismatic form to meet the demand for small, inexpensive, energy-efficient power solutions for thin wearables, key FOBs, and other IoT devices
Key Players Operating in the Market:
Demand within electric double-layer capacitors market is highly concentrated with top producers accounting approximately 45-50% of the market. Few of the key players operating in the electric double-layer capacitors market include
- MAXWELL TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- Panasonic Corporation
- TOKIN Corporation
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- LS MTRON LTD.
- Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation.
- ELNA CO., LTD
- NICHICON CORPORATION.
- Rubycon Corporation
- AVX Corporation
- VINATech Co.,Ltd.
- Cornell Dubilier
Global Electric Double-Layer Capacitors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.