Electric cars are often considered as an environmental conscious alternative to conventional cars with internal combustion engines owing to deteriorating environmental quality and soaring fuel prices. These electric cars use electric motors powered by electrical energy stored in a battery for propulsion. These cars are available in a variety of models with varying ranges and capabilities and are plugged in to a source of electrical power to recharge. Thus, they are powered solely by energy stored in the vehicle’s battery system. There is no backup power generation in the vehicle, so when the battery runs out of charge it requires recharging before operating again.
Advances in battery storage technology, lightweight vehicle construction, electric grid automation, soaring gas prices and rising environmental concerns are key elements that are increasing the attractiveness of electric vehicles for consumers as well as businesses across the world. Thus, the major factor driving the electric car charger market is the increasing sales of electric vehicles owing to growing environmental consumer awareness and supportive government regulations in the form of tax rebates, subsidies, and grants.
For instance, in 2018, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) has offered an ‘Electric Vehicle Home Charger Grant’ of 600 Euros for electric car owners to cover the purchase and installation of home charger systems to new and second-hand electric vehicles. Similarly, the central government of India is also offering incentives for the procurement of electric vehicles in cities that have population over one million. Furthermore, several countries including China, France, and U.K. have already announced that will ban traditional fuel vehicles by 2040.
The factor that is indirectly affecting the electric car charger market is a 150-mile range baseline that has been defined for the latest generation of electric cars. In spite of the descent range, the electric car owners have concerns that they can run out-of-charging during a long road trip or during emergency and the intensity of the issue can multiply ten-fold if the charging station is not nearby. However, owing to supportive government regulations, the scenario is expected to change in the near future.
Wireless charging technology is anticipated to offer numerous opportunities to the electric car charger market owing to the factors including convenience, safety, reliability, etc. In wireless charging, users can remotely control the charging process via mobile phones and other devices thereby enhancing the user experience. Also, since there are no wires involved, issues such as cable aging, leakage, magnetic effect, etc. are eliminated. Furthermore, wireless charging leads to reduced battery capacity requirements, suppression of renewable energy output fluctuation, and effective use of land resources. Therefore, the electric vehicle wireless charging is expected to be an important developmental direction in the future.
The electric car charger market can be classified on the basis of type, end-user, and geography. Based on type, the electric car charger market can be segmented into AC charger, DC charger, and wireless charger. Based on end-user, the electric car charger market can be segmented into residential and commercial. Based on geography, the electric car charger market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America. Asia Pacific and North America are expected to be highly attractive regions for the electric car charger market owing to supportive regulations and subsidies offered by the government to reduce the dependence on oil and fuels and encourage electric car chargers in the region.
Prominent players operating in the electric car charger market include ABB Ltd. , Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc., Evatran, LLC, Siemens AG, Tesla Motors Inc., Delphi Automotive Plc., Schneider Electric Corp, AeroVironment, Inc., Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Inc., and Elektromotive Ltd.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.