Electric Arc Furnace Transformer: Introduction
- Electric arc furnace is a hot enclosed space, where heat is generated by using electrical arcing for melting certain metals such as scrap steel without changing electro-chemical properties of the metal
- Electric arc furnace transformers operate under extremely severe conditions caused by frequent overcurrents and over voltages generated due to short-circuits in the furnace and operation of furnace breaker
- Electric arc furnace transformers are built for steel furnaces, long arc ladle furnaces, ferro-alloy furnaces, and smelting of other materials
- Electric arc furnaces can be either of AC or DC arc furnaces. The power ratings of these transformers can range from 20 to 200 MVA
- These furnace transformers are primarily utilized in the steel industry for smelting scrap iron and for refining steel. Furthermore, they are used in various applications such as smelting glass & ceramics; manufacturing or refining materials such as ferrochromium, ferromanganese, different abrasive materials such as oxides and nitrides, semiconducting base materials, nano powders, etc.
Steel Production Segment to Expand Significantly
- Rise in adoption of electric arc furnace transformers in the steel industry due to their ability to melt the steel without changing its chemical and electrical properties is driving the market
- Increase in demand for electric arc furnace transformers in various industrial processes, increasing requirement in critical conditions in various industries, rising demand in the non-ferrous and ferrous metal industry, and technological advancements in furnace transformers are further propelling the electric arc furnace transformers market
- DC electric arc furnace transformers are suitable for the stress conditions of furnace operations and other stresses associated with rectifier operations such as generated current harmonics, which increases their demand in various process industries
- Rise in demand for DC electric arc furnace transformers in melting scrap metal, ferro alloys production, and in the metallurgical industry are boosting the electric arc furnace transformers market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market
- Asia Pacific is leading the electric arc furnace transformers market, as countries such as China, Japan, India, and South Korea are major contributors to the expansion of the market in the region. This expansion is also due to the high rate of adoption of electric arc furnace transformers in various end-user industries across the region.
- Higher usage of electric arc furnace transformers in the steel production industry and the increasing demand for iron, metal, steel, and several other materials for infrastructure development applications in emerging economies like China, India, Japan is also boosting the electric arc furnace transformers market in Asia Pacific
Key Players of Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market
- Voltamp Transformers Ltd.
- Fuji Tusco Co. Ltd.
- Hammond Power Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Kitashiba Electric
Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market, by Type
- AC Electric Arc Furnace Transformers
- DC Electric Arc Furnace Transformers
Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market, by Application
- Steel Production
- Ferroalloy Production
Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa