Electric Arc Furnace Transformers: Introduction
- Electric arc furnace (EAF) transformers are heating installations used for material melting with the help of heat produced by an arc
- Electric arc furnace transformers are of two types: AC EAF transformers and DC EAF transformers
- Electric arc furnace transformers are used in industrial processes that are performed at a higher voltage range of up to several MVAs (mega volt amperes)
- EAF transformers are employed in various industrial applications such as the smelting process as well as in steel furnaces, ladle furnaces, and ferroalloy furnaces
Rise in Demand for Electric Arc Furnace Transformers in Steel Production Plants
- In steel production plants, electric arc furnace transformers are increasingly used in the production of carbon steel and specialty steels
- Electric arc furnace transformers are employed to deliver high current over a wide range of voltages. Depending on load handling requirement, these transformers are capable to deliver power rating between 10 MVA and 300 MVA
- Advancements in metallurgical technology have significantly changed the operation of electric arc furnaces, as time period of applied heat of 4 to 5 hours with moderate loading have been reduced to 3 to 4 hours with continuous high loading
- Owing to these advancements, the lifespan as well as production efficiency of electric arc furnace transformers has increased. As a result of this, the demand for electric arc furnace transformers is rising for use in steel production plants. This factor is expected to drive the global electric arc furnace transformers market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increase in Use of Electric Arc Furnace Transformers in Industrial Processes
- Electric arc furnace transformers are used in various industries, such as ferrous metal industry and non-ferrous metal industry, as these transformers provide higher current than the conventional transformers
- Furthermore, electric arc furnace transformers provide low-voltage variations that suit furnace applications. As a result, electric arc furnace transformers are increasingly used in industrial furnace processes. This is anticipated to fuel the global electric arc furnace transformers market during the forecast period.
DC Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global electric arc furnace transformers market can be segmented into AC electric arc furnace transformers and DC electric arc furnace transformers
- Earlier, AC electric arc furnace transformers were used in various industries for furnace operation. However, fluctuations in high-voltage signals is considered a drawback of AC electric arc furnace transformers
- In order to overcome this issue, DC electric arc furnace transformers are used for high-voltage signals, as they have high efficiency and they deliver continuous power supply without fluctuations
- Owing to these benefits, popularity of DC electric arc furnace transformers is rising for use in industrial applications. This factor is expected to boost the global electric arc furnace transformers market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global electric arc furnace transformers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global electric arc furnace transformers market throughout the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for steel, iron, and a few other materials required for infrastructure development in the region
- The electric arc furnace transformers market in Europe and North America is expected to witness significant growth from 2019 to 2027. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to witness substantial growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
The global electric arc furnace transformers market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the increasing demand for electric arc furnace transformers. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global electric arc furnace transformers market include:
- General Electric
- Raychem RPG Private Limited
- Tamini Trasformatori S.r.l.
- Green Power Co., Ltd.
Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market, by Type
- AC EAF Transformers
- DC EAF Transformers
Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market, by Application
- Steel Furnace
- Ladle Furnaces
- Ferro-alloy Furnaces
- Smelting Process
Global Electric Arc Furnace Transformers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.