Elastomeric Foam Insulation Market: Prevents the Transmission of Heat
- Elastomeric foam insulation is a flexible, closed-cell foam based on nitrile or ethylene propylene diene monomer rubber.
- Elastomeric foams have high resistance to the passage of water vapor; therefore, they do not generally require additional water-vapor barriers. High vapor resistance, and surface emissivity of rubber, allows elastomeric foams to prevent surface condensation formation with comparatively small thicknesses. Therefore, elastomeric foams are widely used on refrigeration and air-conditioning pipework.
- These foams are used on heating and hot-water systems. The three main components used to manufacture elastomeric foam insulation include synthetic rubber blend, typically nitrile butadiene rubber or ethylene-propylene-diene monomer, polyvinyl chloride, and a chemical foaming agent.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key Drivers of Elastomeric Foam Insulation Market
- Global elastomeric foam insulation market is driven by development in superior thermal performance insulation for high temperature applications and ultraviolet resistant foam insulation to protect against weather and mechanical abuse.
- Elastomeric foam insulation products are lightweight and thus, reduces the overall weight of the structure. Moreover, increasing industrialization, rising miniaturization, and improving technologies are boosting the demand for insulation materials, thus creating opportunities for the elastomeric foam insulation market.
- New high-performance materials have been developed in the past few years. These have proved to be useful in major application areas of the industrial and automotive sectors; however, economical pricing and superior properties have allowed elastomeric foam insulation materials to create their own niche.
- The automotive sector and the construction industry are major contributors to the global elastomeric foam insulation market owing to the high demand from developing countries and the increase in foreign investment by companies in these geographies.
Building & Construction Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Elastomeric foam insulation products are widely used in the building & construction industry, due to their lightweight nature, which helps reduce the overall weight of the structure.
- Elastomeric foam insulation prevents the transmission of heat from exterior walls of buildings, which captures the heat energy from the sun
- Elastomeric foam insulation is always efficient in reducing energy consumption as they possess properties such as low thermal conductivity, water vapor barrier, and keeping product environmentally friendly, this drives the demand for elastomeric foam insulation market in building & construction segment.
Availability to low cost substitutes to Hamper Market:
- Several low cost alternatives are available for elastomeric foam insulation products such as ceramics, mineral wool, and glass wool among others, which has led to increased competition for elastomeric foam insulation, especially in the insulation market.
- Further, the relatively lesser priced alternatives have led to their increased usage in the lower per capita income countries, further restricting the usage of elastomeric foam insulation.
- However, the increasing applications of elastomeric foam insulation in the construction and healthcare industries have increased the demand. Premium prices restrict the market of elastomeric foam insulation when compared to ceramics in the smaller economies, although these markets are expected to show a high growth rate during the forecast period with rapidly increasing adoption and market penetration.
Asia Pacific expected to hold Major Share in the Global Elastomeric Foam Insulation Market
- Geographically, the demand for elastomeric foam insulation can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms of volume and value, Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018. The region is expected to continue to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Rise in population, increase in disposable income of consumers, and implementation of less stringent regulations have enabled Asia Pacific to emerge as one of the fastest-growing regions for consumer electronics, automotive, and construction. The elastomeric foam insulation market in emerging economies such as India, Singapore, and ASEAN countries in Asia Pacific has been expanding over the past few years.
- Rising FDI investment in automotive and construction industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific are some of the other factors likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The elastomeric foam insulation market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by the North America and Europe. This expansion can be attributed to increasing investments in construction and automotive industries in the region.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Elastomeric Foam Insulation Market here
Key Players Operating in the Elastomeric Foam Insulation Market:
Companies operating in the elastomeric foam insulation market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They adopt strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to the increasing demand for elastomeric foam insulation from different regions. For instance, In August 2018, Armacell acquired Guarto SRL, an Italian manufacturer of acoustic insulation solutions. This helps Armacell to expand advanced insulation and engineered foams product portfolio and cater to the demand for flexible elastomeric foam in South Europe. In the same year, Armacell launched its new product, AP Armaflex, specially designed for grooved fittings. This pre-fabricated product offers exceptional time and saves labor. Few of the key players operating in the elastomeric foam insulation market include:
- Hira Industries
- Zotefoams PLC.
- L'isolante K-Flex S.P.A.
- Kaimann GmbH
- Huamei Energy-saving Technology Group Co. LTD
- Jinan Retek Industries Inc.
- Aeroflex USA, Inc.
- NMC SA
Global Elastomeric Foam Insulation Market: Research Scope
Global Elastomeric Foam Insulation Market, by Application
- Acoustic insulation
- Hybrid insulation
- Thermal insulation
Global Elastomeric Foam Insulation Market, by End-use Industry
- Building and construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Health care
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.