The global elastomer coated fabrics market is growing alongside advancements in the domain of interior designing. The need for high-quality fabrics in the constructions industry has emerged as a leading driver of market demand. There is a thin line between using natural fabrics and high-performance fabrics, and this difference defines the essence of market growth. Use of elastomer coated fabrics for manufacturing soft pieces for internal seating has aided market growth. Furthermore, dirt-repelling properties of these fabrics have led to their usage in manufacturing sofa sets and other seating furniture. It is legit to expect that the global elastomer coated fabrics market would expand to new regional and operational territories in the years to follow.
- The automobile industry has transcended as an important consumer of elastomer coated fabrics. Seat covers in cars are made of the fabrics in order to increase the life of the product. Furthermore, interior walls of cars are also made of coated fabrics, offering new opportunities to market vendors.
- The distinct properties of elastomer coated fabrics have become a matter of discussion and research across the chemical industry. This factor shall play an integral role in increasing sales across the market. Floor mats and cushion covers used in public spaces such as restaurants and pubs are made from dirt-resistant materials. This is an important consideration for vendors looking to capture new territories.
- The automobile industry has shown an inclination towards improving passenger comfort and utility. Therefore, the distinct properties of elastomer coated fabrics have emerged as a matter of captivation for the industry. Water-resistance of these fabrics, coupled with superior comfort offered by the material, has played a pivotal role in market growth. The market vendors are focusing on expanding their presence to new regions, with the intent of establish a regular flow of revenues.
Elastomer-coated fabrics were earlier used as waterproofing fabrics and fireproof curtains. At present, it is used as a roofing material for stadiums, outdoor restaurants, and gymnasiums. Elastomer-coated fabrics are made from elastomer membranes, which are stretchable in nature. Elastomer-coated fabric material is characterized by lamination of adjacent edges on each other by using a pressure-sensitive adhesive.
Global Elastomer-coated Fabrics Market: Overview
The global elastomer-coated fabrics market can be segmented based on product, application, and region. Based on product, the market can be divided into TPU-coated fabrics, TPO-coated fabrics, silicone-coated fabrics, and rubber-coated fabrics. Among these, silicon-coated fabrics was the leading segment in 2017, due to high performance properties of these fabrics including improved wetting, excellent adhesion, foam control, and resistivity to abrasion, chemicals, and weather. Additionally, they offer viscosity, waterproofing, water vapor permeability, and high-temperature stability. The silicon-coated fabrics segment is estimated to continue its dominance during the forecast period. In terms of application, the elastomer-coated fabrics market can be classified into transportation, protective clothing, industrial, roofing, awnings & canopies, furniture & seating, and others. The others segment comprises agriculture, geotextiles, medical, sports & leisure, and packaging. Elastomer-coated fabrics are widely used in transportation. The transportation segment is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, due to rise in use of elastomer-coated fabrics in industries such as automotive, marine, aircraft, and railways. The automotive industry is expanding at a rapid pace. This, in turn, fuels the elastomer-coated fabrics market. Elastomer-coated fabrics have a wide range of applications in the automotive industry such as car interiors, car exteriors, seat bags, air belts, cover boats, truck talapaulin,and in marine used as rafts, kayaks, and boat topping.
Global Elastomer-coated Fabrics Market: Trends & Developments
The growing trend of increasing safety features in transport vehicles is fueling the market for elastomer-coated fabrics in the transportation segment. Moreover, the rising trend of stringent regulatory norms for workers’ safety is driving the demand for protective coating elastomers. However, growing concerns about the environment hinder the market. Moreover, the significant number of substitutes for elastomer-coated fabrics also restrain the market. On the other hand, growing industrialization in developing economies and advancements in protective elastomer coatings are offering new growth opportunities to the market.
Global Elastomer-coated Fabrics Market: Regional Outlook
Based on region, the global elastomer-coated fabrics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific is estimated to be the leading market for elastomer-coated fabrics during the forecast period, due to growth of industrialization, presence of developed economies, and technological advancements in end-use industries, such as automotive, in the region. The rise in development activities and high investments in sectors in Asia Pacific such as oil & gas, automotive, infrastructure, chemical, and steeldrive the elastomer-coated fabrics market in the region. The market in Europe and North America is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, due to mature end-use industries and strict regulatory norms imposed on production of elastomers in these regions. The market in Lain America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Global Elastomer-coated Fabrics Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global elastomer-coated fabrics market are Continental AG, Low & Bonar PLC (Mehler Texnologies), Saint-Gobain SA, Omnovo Solutions Inc., Takata Corporation, Seaman Corporation, Serge Ferrari Group, Sioen Industries NV, Spradling International Inc., SRF Limited, Trelleborg AB, Anhui Anli Material Technology Co., Ltd., Guangzhoushi Xibo Chemical Technology Co., Ltd., Daewoo Smtc, Colmant Coated Fabrics, and Chemprene Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.