The global elastomer coated fabrics market is growing alongside advancements in the domain of interior designing. The need for high-quality fabrics in the constructions industry has emerged as a leading driver of market demand. There is a thin line between using natural fabrics and high-performance fabrics, and this difference defines the essence of market growth. Use of elastomer coated fabrics for manufacturing soft pieces for internal seating has aided market growth. Furthermore, dirt-repelling properties of these fabrics have led to their usage in manufacturing sofa sets and other seating furniture. It is legit to expect that the global elastomer coated fabrics market would expand to new regional and operational territories in the years to follow.
- The automobile industry has transcended as an important consumer of elastomer coated fabrics. Seat covers in cars are made of the fabrics in order to increase the life of the product. Furthermore, interior walls of cars are also made of coated fabrics, offering new opportunities to market vendors.
- The distinct properties of elastomer coated fabrics have become a matter of discussion and research across the chemical industry. This factor shall play an integral role in increasing sales across the market. Floor mats and cushion covers used in public spaces such as restaurants and pubs are made from dirt-resistant materials. This is an important consideration for vendors looking to capture new territories.
- The automobile industry has shown an inclination towards improving passenger comfort and utility. Therefore, the distinct properties of elastomer coated fabrics have emerged as a matter of captivation for the industry. Water-resistance of these fabrics, coupled with superior comfort offered by the material, has played a pivotal role in market growth. The market vendors are focusing on expanding their presence to new regions, with the intent of establish a regular flow of revenues.
Elastomer-coated fabrics were earlier used as waterproofing fabrics and fireproof curtains. At present, it is used as a roofing material for stadiums, outdoor restaurants, and gymnasiums. Elastomer-coated fabrics are made from elastomer membranes, which are stretchable in nature. Elastomer-coated fabric material is characterized by lamination of adjacent edges on each other by using a pressure-sensitive adhesive.
Global Elastomer-coated Fabrics Market: Overview
The global elastomer-coated fabrics market can be segmented based on product, application, and region. Based on product, the market can be divided into TPU-coated fabrics, TPO-coated fabrics, silicone-coated fabrics, and rubber-coated fabrics. Among these, silicon-coated fabrics was the leading segment in 2017, due to high performance properties of these fabrics including improved wetting, excellent adhesion, foam control, and resistivity to abrasion, chemicals, and weather. Additionally, they offer viscosity, waterproofing, water vapor permeability, and high-temperature stability. The silicon-coated fabrics segment is estimated to continue its dominance during the forecast period. In terms of application, the elastomer-coated fabrics market can be classified into transportation, protective clothing, industrial, roofing, awnings & canopies, furniture & seating, and others. The others segment comprises agriculture, geotextiles, medical, sports & leisure, and packaging. Elastomer-coated fabrics are widely used in transportation. The transportation segment is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, due to rise in use of elastomer-coated fabrics in industries such as automotive, marine, aircraft, and railways. The automotive industry is expanding at a rapid pace. This, in turn, fuels the elastomer-coated fabrics market. Elastomer-coated fabrics have a wide range of applications in the automotive industry such as car interiors, car exteriors, seat bags, air belts, cover boats, truck talapaulin,and in marine used as rafts, kayaks, and boat topping.
Global Elastomer-coated Fabrics Market: Trends & Developments
The growing trend of increasing safety features in transport vehicles is fueling the market for elastomer-coated fabrics in the transportation segment. Moreover, the rising trend of stringent regulatory norms for workers’ safety is driving the demand for protective coating elastomers. However, growing concerns about the environment hinder the market. Moreover, the significant number of substitutes for elastomer-coated fabrics also restrain the market. On the other hand, growing industrialization in developing economies and advancements in protective elastomer coatings are offering new growth opportunities to the market.
Global Elastomer-coated Fabrics Market: Regional Outlook
Based on region, the global elastomer-coated fabrics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific is estimated to be the leading market for elastomer-coated fabrics during the forecast period, due to growth of industrialization, presence of developed economies, and technological advancements in end-use industries, such as automotive, in the region. The rise in development activities and high investments in sectors in Asia Pacific such as oil & gas, automotive, infrastructure, chemical, and steeldrive the elastomer-coated fabrics market in the region. The market in Europe and North America is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, due to mature end-use industries and strict regulatory norms imposed on production of elastomers in these regions. The market in Lain America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Global Elastomer-coated Fabrics Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global elastomer-coated fabrics market are Continental AG, Low & Bonar PLC (Mehler Texnologies), Saint-Gobain SA, Omnovo Solutions Inc., Takata Corporation, Seaman Corporation, Serge Ferrari Group, Sioen Industries NV, Spradling International Inc., SRF Limited, Trelleborg AB, Anhui Anli Material Technology Co., Ltd., Guangzhoushi Xibo Chemical Technology Co., Ltd., Daewoo Smtc, Colmant Coated Fabrics, and Chemprene Inc.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.