Global Egg Packaging Market: Overview
The global egg packaging market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR during 2018-2028. Egg carton is the most common form of egg packaging. Also known as egg box, it is a simple and safe solution for transporting and carrying whole eggs.
The dimple-shaped form of cartons is ideal for protecting eggs against stressful environments. This structure has proven itself to be extremely handy in protecting eggs during storage in retail and distant transportation. During transportation, the dimple-shaped carton absorbs shock. The additional coating on the carton helps restrain spoilage and breakage during storage as well. Egg cartons are usually made up of foamed plastics. However, sustainability trends are also driving players in the egg packaging market to experiment with molded pup and recycled paper.
Conventionally, eggs were usually carried in baskets. Since then, products in the egg packaging market have undergone tremendous transformation and continue to witness developments, albeit very small ones. Today, the egg packaging industry faces a new challenge. Egg packaging does not offer printing opportunities similar to offered by other products. Hence, usually a separate paperboard is used to differentiate brands and products. Egg packaging is offered in many different sizes, holding 12-24 eggs, as required. Additionally, players in the egg packaging market also offer solutions for farmers market and for the collection of fresh eggs from poultry farms. These include plastic egg trays, a cardboard sleeve are usually availed for wholesale packaging.
The global egg packaging market report aims to highlight growth opportunities in the market for all concerned stakeholders.
Global Egg Packaging Market: Notable Developments
- According to a recent study in Britain, over 720 mn eggs are wasted each year due to fears and concerns due to expiry dates. Egg producers in Britain believe eggs are seen as low value items as compared to their counterparts such as meat and fish products. Sustainable packaging and pricing can make way for less food wastage.
- Consumers demanding safer alternatives to protein intake, conventionally gathered from meats are increasing in numbers. Mantiqueira has launched its plant protein and its pea starch egg substitute in the market. The company is the largest egg producer in South America and is compelled to compete with growing demand for alternative proteins. The trend is expected to pose challenge to the growth of the egg packaging market in the near future.
- Squid Ink Manufacturing has launched the CoPilot Flex Inkjet Printing System in the market. This advanced printer promises to deliver great looking logos on foam, pulp, and PET egg cartons at 135ft/min.ff. The printer is expected to offer more opportunities for the egg packaging market players. This printing system makes way for better promotions as it embeds the use of high-resolution characters and real-time information, along with scannable bar codes.
Global Egg Packaging Market: Key Trends
Egg consumption around the world is growing, particularly in emerging markets. Increasing disposable income is driving people to consume more eggs and poultry meats, which are more expensive than vegetarian food. Additionally, Asia Pacific region has become the main supplier of eggs globally. Conversely, United States continues to produce and consume the most number of eggs each year. In 2017, the US had 319 million commercial egg laying hens. Large scale poultry farms delivered an average 80.5 eggs per 100 layers daily. The competition between various regions can make way for more diverse stock in the egg packaging market and more cost-savings for the end-industries.
Annual Spending on Eggs Rises
Household spending on eggs in Britain has risen consistently since 2006. Additionally, in 2018, the British were eating more porridge (up 7.4%), fruit (up 8.5%), and eggs (up 2.7%). The trend is encouraging and health consciousness seems to be driving more natural breakfast menus on the table. Additionally, breakfasts without eggs were 2.2% less than the previous year. This is an encouraging sign for the egg packaging market.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.