Market Outlook of Egg Extenders:
Baking has always been the approach towards the food industry right from 8000 BC till date. The recent decade has shown prospective growth in the field of baking and also the baking mixtures that are being added to it. Bakery products such as bread, pastries, muffins, waffles, and other bakery products require eggs for providing texture and softness to these bakery products. Eggs also provide the functions of emulsification, coagulation, and foaming to the bakery products. The recent trends in the usage of eggs in the bakery industry include egg replacement products, egg extenders, and protein extenders. The ongoing demand for the eggs and to counter the rising egg prices in many regions has led the food manufacturers in the usage of egg extenders. The egg extenders is a food ingredient added by the manufacturers during the baking process which helps in increasing the quantity of the eggs in the food product. Egg extenders are considered to be highly economic as it can counter the high egg prices. The food manufacturers have started to use the egg extenders which will help in providing the functions that are performed by the eggs. The usage of the egg extenders will make the process of manufacturing the food products to be cost-efficient.
Growth of Bakery Industry is Promoting Egg Extenders Market Growth:
In the recent decade, there is a tremendous growth in the field of bakery and baking products. Modern food additives and ingredients are being followed by the baking industries. Egg extenders are used widely in the baking industry as it blends well with the other ingredients which are being added to the process of baking. Egg extenders are considered to be economic as it helps increase the quantity of the eggs which are being added to the bakery products. Egg extenders also have a good consistent quality, which helps in serving the functions of eggs. Egg extenders have a good potential in the market for its typical taste, flavor, and color of any standard egg products such as egg powders. Egg extenders are a better replacement choice for egg powders as it produces the similar properties. Egg extenders have a shelf life of one year, from the date of manufacture of the baked products. Egg extenders have similar protein content of eggs. Egg extenders have a demand among the food manufacturers for its various properties. The demand for egg extenders will result in a potential growth in the market.
Global Egg Extenders Market: Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global egg extenders market has been segmented as:
- Dried Egg White Extender
- Dried Whole Egg Extender
On the basis of end use, the global egg extenders market has been segmented as:
- Cakes and pastries
- Cookies and Biscuits
On the basis of region, the global egg extenders market has been segmented as
- North America
- Latin America
Global Egg Extenders Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants operating in the global egg extenders market identified across the value chain include J&K Ingredients, Inc., Corbion N.V., Rembrandt Enterprises., Essex Food Ingredients, Michael Foods, Inc., H & A Canada Inc., Adams Food Ingredients Ltd, Agropur Ingredients among other egg extenders market participants.
Key Developments in the Egg Extenders Market:
In the year 2015, Corbion N.V., launched new egg white replacement products such as Function Plus 150W and New Function Plus 200. These products help in providing a cost-effective solution for replacing egg whites in baked goods such as bread, cakes, muffins and other bakery products. These products can replace the powdered eggs used in the baked goods.
Opportunities for Participants in the Egg Extenders Market:
The market potential for the egg extenders market is expected to grow, owing to the various properties of egg extenders. Proper consumer awareness among the food manufacturers and food services regarding egg extenders will enhance the consumer purchase of egg extenders which will result in the growth of the extenders market.
Brief Approach to Research
The company follows a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the Product types, applications, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.