Global Egg Cartons Market: An Overview
Egg cartons with in a dimpled shape are a popular method for storing and transporting eggs. Different packaging methods in the egg carton market include trays, cartons, containers, Polystyrene, tissue, and other packaging materials. Traditionally, plastic was the dominant material used for manufacturing egg cartons. Plastic offer printing benefits for retailers and are clear. Recently, new materials like blue and natural molded fibre are gaining traction in the egg carton market due to their effectiveness in holding eggs, recyclable nature and cost-saving benefits.
Green containers and cartons are expected to flood the egg carton market more in the near future as increasingly stringent regulations regarding plastics are on the rise. Players in the egg carton market are also focused on providing dual-use containers, which can store eggs at home and can later be used for other purposes such as storing salads.
Growing demand for duck eggs in pastries and other bakery goods are expected to drive significant growth for the egg cartons market in the near future. These eggs are known to be richer in content, with additional albumen. This results in fluffier bakery products, a much-valued advantage in bakery products.
The report offers an in-depth analysis of the global egg cartons market with keen insights in geographical distribution, market dynamics, and competitive landscape. The report will also provide revenue projections and market size analysis based on key parameters. Additionally, the past and recent trend are also an important feature of the report. The report is a valuable instrument for a competitive advantage in the global egg cartons market.
Global Egg Cartons Market: Notable Developments
- According to a recent research published by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), the radio frequency method of shell egg pasteurization delivers better eggs and cakes than the industrial hot water method. The industrial method was considered cheaper and more efficient. However, automation in rotating eggs and use of tap water reduced egg pasteurization times considerably during the study. Additionally, according to the USDA publication, the method is inexpensive and reduces salmonella without affecting the quality of albumen.
- One of the major challenges for growth in the egg cartons market is the relatively low price hike of products. The price of packaging products for eggs rose by 1.62 times during 2000-2018. For example, an egg carton cost 7.42$ in 2000. The price of the carton went up to $12.10 cents in 2018. While this growth is positive, it is quite sluggish by the standards of various products. The basic nature of products in the egg cartons market, the similarity in products by various companies, and limited innovation are resulting in low price hikes over the years. Hence, growing trends of recyclability and green packaging are expected to drive significant revenues for the global egg cartons market.
Global Egg Cartons Market: Key Trends
The global egg cartons market sell products to extremely price-sensitive farmers in the US market. The poultry industry is an industry of very low margins. Hence, catering to the demand of cost-efficiency is as crucial today as always in the egg cartons market. However, growing influx of e-commerce and consequent needs of safer and more robust mechanisms of handling and transporting eggs are expected to create new opportunities in the egg cartons market.
Additionally, increased consumption of eggs are also expected to drive growth and margins. In the US, nearly 279 eggs per person are consumed every year. Additionally, growing demand for protein-filled diets, nutritional trends, and low costs of eggs are expected to further growth of the carton eggs market.
Additionally, increased egg consumption in Asia Pacific, thanks to a growing disposable income, and changing lifestyle trends are expected to drive more growth for the global egg cartons market in the near future.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.